Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AZ gun laws

Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
AZ gun laws

So tomorrow I'll be hittin the road to Phoenix, AZ via Taco (from the OC) for the Fiesta Classic Volleyball tournament for my daughter. I know for the most part LEO is a license to carry anywhere (again, for the most part) my question is if there's anything I need to know about AZ gun laws or more specifically Phoenix gun laws. I know some cities have more specified gun laws. I hail from commy-fornia, so I am not used to seeing any weapons out and about. Does Phoenix allow open carry? concealed carry? I don't want to walk around and freak out cause the dude in line is carrying... I just want to do my HW beforehand.

I wasn't sure where to post this, in the gun section or LEO, but I figured most gun nuts (as some of you are) know more about gun laws than some LEO, so I thought I'd hit you guys up on this thread...

Thanks in advanced guys!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the weapon is loaded. Unloaded weapons are silly. You can carry concealed, open, however you like! Welcome to AZ!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris! And don't worry about me NOT carrying.. Sheepdog & Wolf stuff aside, I'm ALWAYS carrying...
Old 01-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
REDACTED

See post #14. I apologize for my insensitive humor.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Don't be Hispanic and you'll have no worries.
Dude, Really?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dude, Really?
no shit...spoken like a true ass hole
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
open/concealed carry whatever youd like.

as others have said, welcome to the wild west arizona

and really lost_humanity? they have every right to carry as well.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Lost humanity , if you are in our state legally , we have no problem where you come from...

That type of slurr is pure ignorance.

Az
Old 01-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Open, conceal, hang it from your rearview mirror, loaded, unloaded, whatever.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
Lost humanity , if you are in our state legally , we have no problem where you come from...

That type of slurr is pure ignorance.

Az
Well put sir...ingnorance doesn't have a race.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't be Hispanic and you'll have no worries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dude, Really?
x2... how about dont break the law and you'll have no worries.
you usually have good posts but that was pretty trollish
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
www.usacarry.com has CC laws and shows reciprocity with states CWP. another good one for rules/regs is www.handgunlaws.us.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You guy are right. It was uncalled for.

I apologize for my insensitive attempt at humor.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You guy are right. It was uncalled for.

I apologize for my insensitive attempt at humor.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
Harleyfx69 is on a distinguished road
Harleyfx69's Tacoma Gallery
Your a leo .. it doesnt really matter, not many "prohibitions" apply to you ..

My advise is conceal carry to avoid any scrutiny / hassle..

Have your ID with you..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #17
Harleyfx69 is on a distinguished road
Harleyfx69's Tacoma Gallery
and i believe its HR 218 you carry under
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
See! I can admit when I'm wrong.

I'll go give myself 20 lashes and take a sensitivity course. Carry on, good people of Arizona. I hope I can someday regain favor enough to explore the mountains of Flagstaff and of ASU. (this is a bewbs reference)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #19

Quote:
See! I can admit when I'm wrong.

I'll go give myself 20 lashes and take a sensitivity course. Carry on, good people of Arizona. I hope I can someday regain favor enough to explore the mountains of Flagstaff and of ASU. (this is a bewbs reference)
(insert joke about not being mexican) and you should be just fine
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #20
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyfx69 View Post
Your a leo .. it doesnt really matter, not many "prohibitions" apply to you ..

My advise is conceal carry to avoid any scrutiny / hassle..

Have your ID with you..

dunno about in AZ but im pretty sure in GA he would be restricted to carry in only the places permit holders are allowed to(doesnt LEOSA bascially act like the state youre visiting gun license??)...but i seriously doubt in AZ that any cop would bust your balls for it....