Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

post your antlers, sheds, dead heads, trophy kills!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #41
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
Hey, still loving it, it's a GREAT bow!

I will be hunting with it again this season. (Going on my 3rd season with it.. wow.) I did put some new camo limbs on it, because I about fell off of a cliff with it, and put a nice dent in the original ones.

Sweet pics BTW.

ouch!!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
From my trip to Montana a few years ago.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #43
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This little fella is on the wall above my fireplace. I shot this Greater Kudu with a 7mm Rem Mag in South Africa back in 2001.

I got more, but this is the only one hanging in my house at the moment.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #44
Git-r-Done
muleyhunter is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
muleyhunter's Tacoma Gallery
First shed of the year
Old 02-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
This little fella is on the wall above my fireplace. I shot this Greater Kudu with a 7mm Rem Mag in South Africa back in 2001.

I got more, but this is the only one hanging in my house at the moment.
Nice. Kudu is my favorite antelope. Difficult to hunt due to it's shy nature.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #46
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Nice. Kudu is my favorite antelope. Difficult to hunt due to it's shy nature.
I'll add that it is probably the toughest animal that I have ever hunted. I've never seen another animal put up that much fight after being shot.

it was also the best tasting
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #48
Chefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to behold

Chefster's Tacoma Gallery
Great forum, I'm new here and new to Toyota's.

I love to hunt.

New Mexico Barbary (Aoudad)...

Az Mule Deer...

Mexico Coues deer...

Here is my old hunting rig...

Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #49
jacobblocker is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
jacobblocker's Tacoma Gallery
8 point 18 inch spread killed this year before thanksgiving
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #50
whiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud of
whiteynut's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few sheds from this year, they are late dropping here. Too bad I didn't find the dead head last year.

Some from years past. I am a confimed shed head

Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #51
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
How do yall find these sheds? I have never found one and going by how often i am in the woods there must be somethin to it other than just walking around aimlessly
Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #52
Chefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to beholdChefster is a splendid one to behold

Chefster's Tacoma Gallery
Whiteynut, The mass and extras on those pick ups is unbelievable!

Here is a lion kill from Old Mexico I glassed up on a ranch last year.
This is a coues deer, a lot smaller sub species of the Eastern WT.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #53
whiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
How do yall find these sheds? I have never found one and going by how often i am in the woods there must be somethin to it other than just walking around aimlessly
Look and you will find them. You have to figure out where they are wintering and hit the trails and feeding areas there. Leave the animals their bedding areas until greenup or you'll cause undue stress and scatter them. Binos will save you alot of walking because when you are looking for sheds, alot of things will fool your eye until you get a close look at them. Finally, check with your local wildlife agency because some juristictions close certain areas during winter/spring.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #54
Git-r-Done

I love the sheds guys.keep it up!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #55
live4perfection will become famous soon enoughlive4perfection will become famous soon enough
live4perfection's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyhunter View Post
Since were on antler piles....

I like how you're stacking your elk sheds & would like to see how you hung the sheds on the dead head in the first pic.

Thnx

While I'm here, a few live shots. This was the day after season a few years ago. Poor image quality but worth sharing.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #57
Git-r-Done

Old 11-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #58
Git-r-Done

Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #59
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Damn nice muley there.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #60
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Most the sheds I've found on my parent's acreage. We picked up some of the neighbor's scrub oak acreage recently, so hopefully I'll have some more sheds once winter break starts. Think I'll spend a some solid time looking over that property.