LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

Old 11-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

This story has been floating around the net again it's from 2003 frist time I have seen it very moving.Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...537893819675&p
Old 11-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
A-Freakin-MEN!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
God Given hey? I thought men (Dead and thus mortal men) drafted that constitution.

The argument could be given that with stricter gun laws the insane gunman wouldn't have had access to firearms.

But don't mind me. I don't live in the US and I have no idea how crazy you guys are down there. I've just heard stories.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #4

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but neither would any sane gunmen have access...legally.
Define sane for me then we could start to decide who gets the guns legally & who has to buy them from a car trunk...
Firearms will always be available.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We make do here in Canada, but it's a completely different place. Way less people, far fewer illegal immigrants (No offense Mexico but seriously). I know a lot of people who have lots of guns and all of them are registered and legal. I don't see the need for a civilian to own an M60 SAW. Don't get me wrong, it'd be fun as all hell, no doubt, but practicality?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #6

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Oh every place has issues, but I'd like to see stats on the # of killings using M60 SAW et al ("non-practical") vs. the old bolt action .22 that grampa passed-down. Plus, 1 round or 100, .17 or .50 cal, dead is still dead. I just hate for anyone to define the difference between "assault weapons" and other cuz then anyone can redefine. And the "anyone" I refer to, more than likely, has never had to defend themselves let-alone had the pleasure to fire any weapon.

Notice I dodged the immigration issue...
Old 12-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
Resident Jackass

No real way to dodge that and escape unscathed I'm afraid. Sall good, if you knew what we use for slang with regards to Vancouver you'd probably spew drink all over your monitor from laughing.

The M60 was a bit of hyperbole on my part. But really, do people need an AK74, an Armalite, and a Mac 11 for home defence?
Paws ol' shotty loaded with bird shot will take an arm off nicely at 10'. One doesn't need a C-mag with a heavy barrel on their M4 to take care of the property.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
We make do here in Canada, but it's a completely different place. Way less people, far fewer illegal immigrants (No offense Mexico but seriously). I know a lot of people who have lots of guns and all of them are registered and legal. I don't see the need for a civilian to own an M60 SAW. Don't get me wrong, it'd be fun as all hell, no doubt, but practicality?
no such thing as a m60 saw.. its an m249 SAW or an m60 light machine gun.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Yes, but neither would any sane gunmen have access...legally.
Define sane for me then we could start to decide who gets the guns legally & who has to buy them from a car trunk...
Firearms will always be available.
how about convicted felons, who can buy guns? how about the guys that go to gun stores and buy 10-15 guns??? then go to New york, toronto, montreal and sell them to organized crime? organized crime will always be able to get guns no question, but it is pretty easy when they can buy them from a store. with all the ammo they need. I agree that it is alot more dangerous in the US then canada, but its partly because of your relaxed gun laws for so many years, you can own a hand gun in canada, you can own an ak-47 in canada, but they much be registered, and they are for the range ONLY. why do you need to carry an assault rifle in your car?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #10

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
why do you need to carry an assault rifle in your car?
That is my point, my Remington 1100 could be "defined" as an assault weapon, it's semi-auto, but a very useful waterfowl weapon. Take that away from folks & there would be hell to pay.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #11
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
hey I've got nothing against hunters, I've read in other threads of guys carring m60's or what ever on there passenger seat, as a "truck gun" your not gonna have much bird left if you use that gun.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
no such thing as a m60 saw.. its an m249 SAW or an m60 light machine gun.
Remind me not to post late in the eve. You are most correct, and I take pride in my gun knowledge. You've humbled me sir. I must now spend many hours skimming www.world.guns.ru till I relearn what I have unlearned.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Guns will never be completly banned.... they will just make it so we can't afford them or the ammo!!! wich is why i'm getting a GLOCK G17 in a few weeks before they get taxed out the ass!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
wushaw has a spectacular aura aboutwushaw has a spectacular aura about
wushaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
hey I've got nothing against hunters, I've read in other threads of guys carring m60's or what ever on there passenger seat, as a "truck gun" your not gonna have much bird left if you use that gun.
Please read this and then tell me how many folks have you really heard that would want to have a 23lb ( not including ammo) belt fed full auto weapon in their vehicle? And if so then they have never shot one of these before.
This is stretching it a bit ain't it??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_machine_gun