Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

deer calls

Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
deer calls

saturday morning i saw probably one of the nicest deer ive ever seen and i couldnt get a shot off this is the second time ive seen him within 2 weeks, i need something to lure him in, i.e. calls, scents, etc
Old 11-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go get a primos buck roar......damn good call man. also, a can call will work in some situations.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i take it youve had good luck with that
Old 11-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
does that buck roar with in rut and out, i was looking at cabelas and primos has like 3 different can calls is there a 1 can does it all. lol
Old 11-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i take it youve had good luck with that
well.............the little i have used it, i have brought up a couple of lil does, and the can call...............during the rut, it brought in a couple of small bucks thru the creek last year.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
does that buck roar with in rut and out, i was looking at cabelas and primos has like 3 different can calls is there a 1 can does it all. lol
yeah,its good for the rut, and all season really........just dont be real aggressive with it before and after the rut. the cans are all bout the same.........but the long distance one goes a little longer than the regular cans.........like if you are hunting a ridge or something.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
well, ive never used calls scents or camo, so tell me whats really on your mind is it worth it or maybe
Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #8

Quote:
well, ive never used calls scents or camo, so tell me whats really on your mind is it worth it or maybe
i think it is............gives you more of a chance if you see a deer you need to bring in closer. and for scents........i have used tinks 69 alot and had decent luck with it, but i always use cover scent or scent killer................and alot of times,i make my own cover scent.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i dont even wanna know how you make your own cover scent
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #10

Quote:
i dont even wanna know how you make your own cover scent
......nah, it aint bad. i get alot of acorns and leaves and stuff from the area i hunt and boil it all together and strain and bottle it....................works pretty damn good to.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #11
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Just put your key in the ignition, turn it to start the truck and when you get it fired off......get it up to 65. I'm pretty sure you'll get something.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
only 65 i always have better luck at around 80
Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
only 65 i always have better luck at around 80
so you like burger better than tenderized steak?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #14
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
it better be a damn good burger
Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery

Works like a charm.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
sounds good ill have to see if i cant find me one
Old 11-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #18
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
If your in my neck of the woods, just drive a car, they seem to be committing suicide by the dozens.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i actually might be up your way around christmas
Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #20
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
well so much to put in here. tacomaman06's cover scent works great, and I would use one, now if you make it yourself or not. The wind may be in your face, but if it swirls you are gonna get busted.
If the deer is wise, try to play his game, as for a call the one above is thumbs up, or even a small buck grunt. If you grunt, take your time before grunting again, give the wise buck a chance to look things over, 9 times out of 10 he is checking things out, but we (the hunter) get busted because of movement or scent.
Blend in, tell you what I have been busted more times because of camo, the fact of the matter that all camo is not equal. You can get high dollar camo, but when you are up a tree or on the ground the deer see a big BLOB of dark, and from a distance they will wait to see what is going on.
How ever you are doing it, standing in a stand or sitting on the ground, be patient. If you have seen him before in a spot, he will show up again if he hasn't been taken. Time will tell, I know I wanted to give up many times, but I will stay in the same location, people all around are tagging deer. But just hold out, sooner or later he will show.
GOOD LUCK to you,.........and nail him