Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Huntin new land. Already got a problem

Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Huntin new land. Already got a problem

My buddy's grandaddy left him 90 acres round here. He has given me and me only permission to hunt. I told him I was just going to scout this year and get set for next year. Walkin the property line today I come across 3 ladder stands on his side from tresspassers and 2 feeders. What do yunz think is the best way to approach the situation without havin a good ol ass whippin? For all I know they could be good people. Just want to kindly approach them about moving their stands. Don't know how to contact them. We will be posting the property saturday
Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
My buddy's grandaddy left him 90 acres round here. He has given me and me only permission to hunt. I told him I was just going to scout this year and get set for next year. Walkin the property line today I come across 3 ladder stands on his side from tresspassers and 2 feeders. What do yunz think is the best way to approach the situation without havin a good ol ass whippin? For all I know they could be good people. Just want to kindly approach them about moving their stands. Don't know how to contact them. We will be posting the property saturday
here is what ya do man........and im for real................go take the stands and feeders and leave a note with an addy or phone number. if they call or come to the addy, then you let them know its private property.......as they should have already known. if they dont call or show up.....you got some extra stands and feeders. either that, or call the game wardens and see what they say.........that might be the safest bet. i dont deal well with someone coming in and hunting my land.......dont deal well at all.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol me either. i hate it but i'm tryin to give these guys a chance. I already have me a free turkey blind worth 200 bucks. ended up kickin a guys ass last year for tresspassin on granddads land n killin deer. you just can't hunt without people screwin shit up for u anymore
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
From my experience people are always going to test the waters and see what they can get away with. Until you say/do something they are going to keep doing it. Try leaving a note on the stands over the weekend and maybe set something up so you know whether or not the stand was visited. If they head to the stand and see the note and get out of there all is good. If they just ignore the note and hunt then leave the stands it looks like you got yourself some free gear to sell cheap to me and other respectful hunters
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
go sit in one of their stands with your rifle and wait for them to show up.

no but really, i'd say just leave a note on thir stand or feeder
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Redneck from the hills

lol I dont know how big a boy they are but if I had half the balls my gf's dad does I would do what he did in Mississippi once.

Someone kept trespassin on their land so he hunted their stand, killed a buck there, cut off the bucks sack and put it in the seat of that stand. Thats the ultimate in your face way to say Fuc* you.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
call your buddy first and find out if his grandad gave anyone permisson if he says no have some fun with the gear and the jerk offs that are trespassin
Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #8
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
here is what ya do man........and im for real................go take the stands and feeders and leave a note with an addy or phone number. if they call or come to the addy, then you let them know its private property.......as they should have already known. if they dont call or show up.....you got some extra stands and feeders. either that, or call the game wardens and see what they say.........that might be the safest bet. i dont deal well with someone coming in and hunting my land.......dont deal well at all.
Good idea, but at times people can get real pissed if you know what I mean.
I would also contact a C.O. tell him/her to swing by and YOU will meet him/her. Show them what is going on, BAD thing I know here is they really won't do anything unless you are willing to press charges. Then they will scope out the area and try to catch the people. And then pull the stands and feeders.

If it was me........I would post the property CLOSE to the stands and feeders. Pull some of them, if you think it is a wise idea. But make sure they don't have permission to hunt their.
But then on the other hand, I too got real upset when I found a blind on my property, and like tacomaman said we pulled the tree stands and blinds.
When they came to get them we were real nice, and stated you did not have permission to hunt this property, so we pulled them, it was this or call a C.O. and fiines be passed out.
Need more coffee this AM, I will do some looking and thinking and see if I get some other brain storm.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #9
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with the leaving the note and the game warden, but if that fails, put a lock on their own stands so they can't get in.

If that doesn't work, hook a tow strap up the stand, and pull the s.o.b to the ground.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #10
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar situation. I put up a stand on a friends property and wa told originally "it's ok" I received a call one sunday morning to move my stand by a certain date or call a number. Needless to say I moved my stand. Try posting a note to move the stand by a certain date, if they don't move it, to me, you have been kind enough to give them time, so take the stands and feeders down. That is only my .02. But then again, a quick call to the game warden will move things along quickly too.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Post it first

I'd post it pronto. Private property is private property but posted private property means a lot more. Then trespassers KNOW that they are in the wrong. Problem could be solved right there.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #12
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I can see most everyone has the same idea, I think if you play the nice guy, BUT yet get it done, it will all work out.

One thing in regards to calling a C.O. once the word gets out that they are in the area, eye balling problems and issues you can bet alot of the B.S. in your area will change. Seen it here a number of times, sometimes someone just needs to get busted, the one's who really deserve it.
It will all work out for the best
Old 12-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #13
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
Its a never ending battle. I used to be all nice to ppl when I caught them, then it seems ppl think I'm an idiot. I'm not as nice anymore, especially when I get a lame excuse or they lie and say the landowner gave them permission which I know damn well he didnt.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #14
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to rig a tremendous ejection floor so the when the get in, it spring out and tosses them into the next time zone? ; )
Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 AM   #15
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Is it possible to rig a tremendous ejection floor so the when the get in, it spring out and tosses them into the next time zone? ; )
no booby traps...have checked with my lawyer before...bad idea.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 AM   #16
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I had this happen once...I climbed up in the stand and nailed a big POSTED sign right above the stand...I also used the feeder to put a posted sign on...

My buddy used to hunt this spot that was about 100 feet or so from this guys property...It was public land, but he didn't like him hunting that close to his property...He went out one morning, and there was silly string all over his stand...And in the tree beside him, there was this little device that every time the wind started blowing, it would make this real high pitched whistle like sound...He was pissed...lol