Savage MLII smokeless.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
Up near south bend.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Use a 50 cal. Knight D.I.S.C. inline. Stainless barrell with camo composite stock. 3-9x50 Tasco scope. Started using the Jim Shockey American Pioneer pellets last year and really like them. Clean up with water, and could shoot more shots between cleaning easily......held great groups as well. Went with a different bullet too but can't remember while here at work.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
just sold my cva bobcat .50 cal. a few weeks ago. didnt have time to shoot it alot.......i hunted with my bow more anyway. but next year, im looking at getting a cva optima.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
just sold my cva bobcat .50 cal. a few weeks ago. didnt have time to shoot it alot.......i hunted with my bow more anyway. but next year, im looking at getting a cva optima.
What about an Omega. We need someone with one of these to chime in.
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/omega.php
Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
What about an Omega. We need someone with one of these to chime in.
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/omega.php
i like thompson/center pretty good, but i have always liked cva a little more than the rest. but,depending on deals next year, i could possibly end up with a t/c!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #11
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Use a 50 cal. Knight D.I.S.C. inline. Stainless barrell with camo composite stock. 3-9x50 Tasco scope. Started using the Jim Shockey American Pioneer pellets last year and really like them. Clean up with water, and could shoot more shots between cleaning easily......held great groups as well. Went with a different bullet too but can't remember while here at work.
I contacted him in regards to his powder, on his show, when he talks about his powder he shows a guy shooting the 1000 shot with out cleaning, and states the gun is a T/C. I never knew T/C made a bolt style muzzleloader.
Then I recorded the show and paused it on the widescreen, went and grabbed mine, and HA, same gun.
Needless to say, never heard anything, and yes I was nice about it.
Never used the powder, may give it a shot.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
I watched a show the other day and they mentioned that the aluminum ramrods are blacken'd via an aluminum oxide coating, which is supposed to be harder than stainless steel?, which obviously wouldn't be good for the muzzle/crown after awhile. My savage came with some sort of carbon/poly ramrod, works ok.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #15
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been shooting a TC Omega for 3 season now, and it's been a great relationship.

It has the camo stock and the stainless barrel, sporting a 3x9 Luepold. Shooting 150gr. of Triple 7, and a 250gr. Hornady SST. Groups are 1-1.5" at 100 yards. I wouldn't be afraid of a 200-250yard shot with this.

Took a 130lb. 6point during early Muzzleloader Season. 180yard shot across the bean field. He ran 25yards before dropping.

Every year, I have somebody tell me their horror story of their muzzleloader failing to fire when the deer was in sight. I feel bad for these guys. I tell them to get an Omega, never had that problem with this gun!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Glad someone rang out for the T/C Omega.
T/C makes some great items, I have had a number of their early muzzleloaders, plus the Contenders and Encores.
I do like that idea of changing the barrel out and adding another, but man would get a little high price considering the average cost of a rifle barrel and a good scope.
Just for a heads up check out E. Authur Browns web site, great group of people with alot of T/C stuff.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
squiggy is on a distinguished road
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a TC G2 Contender 2 years ago. Sweet smoke pole!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 50 cal Omega as well, it's topped with a Bushnell scope.
Don't shoot it a whole lot cause I would rather bow hunt but ML season is just about here, so ya never know