Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

All About Suppressors

Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #161
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
subbd for future use. thanks for the info fellas
Old 06-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #162
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my latest round of paperwork to the CLEO. Paid for this can sometime in Dec '12, hoping to have it in hand by end of year...

Ti-rant 45. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #163
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with SilencerShop.com?

They seem like they have awesome prices, but not sure how it will all add up after transfers, etc.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #164
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
they are g2g. I have purchased my last 3 from them.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #165
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I'd update, finally got my shit last month.
10.5" SBR with AAC SDN-762-6

Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #166
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice! Still waiting for mine from 4 posts up. Paid for it in Dec '12...
Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #167
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Curious if a person made their own can, is that legal?
Would they still need paperwork ?
Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM   #168
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Curious if a person made their own can, is that legal?
Would they still need paperwork ?
Not yet
Yes

You have to fill out a form with the ATF and pay the $200 tax, but you can do it at 18 instead of waiting till you're 21 to buy a suppressor.

Same thing applies with a SBR.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #169
Pastry Chef
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for reply.
I`m still unclear though;
No, I can not make my own can period or
Yes, I can make my own can but would still have to register and pay the tax?

I am actually a Machinist by trade...just think that sometimes a pastry chef would have been less stressful..lol
Old 01-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Thanks for reply.
I`m still unclear though;
No, I can not make my own can period or
Yes, I can make my own can but would still have to register and pay the tax?

I am actually a Machinist by trade...just think that sometimes a pastry chef would have been less stressful..lol
Yes, you can make your own as long as owning one is legal in your state. You need to apply for, and receive, a $200 tax stamp from the BATFE before you build.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #171
Pastry Chef
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Polymerhead.
That makes the prospect of me getting one much better then.
I have even seen drawings/plans for how to build them, but never did so with the thought of doing something that could forever take away my right to legally own a firearm. Or a huge fine...or prison

I recently learned about unfinished lower ar15 receivers, and being able to build your own firearm for personal use.

Cool.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #172
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Damn u should be close I was 11 months on the can and only like 9 on sbr
Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #173
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should probably call the ATF. I submitted paperwork for a SBR on 1/1/13 and got it back on 8/22/13. It's in a trust which helps but you should have had an approval by now.

ATF 314-616-4500
Old 02-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
You should probably call the ATF. I submitted paperwork for a SBR on 1/1/13 and got it back on 8/22/13. It's in a trust which helps but you should have had an approval by now.

ATF 314-616-4500
Nah, I'm still a few months out. Paid for it in Dec '12, dealer got the transfer in March or April, my CLEO took like 9 weeks for some reason and I submitted the paperwork in Aug '13. I'd be surprised if I have it by summer at this rate.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #175
Quote:
Nah, I'm still a few months out. Paid for it in Dec '12, dealer got the transfer in March or April, my CLEO took like 9 weeks for some reason and I submitted the paperwork in Aug '13. I'd be surprised if I have it by summer at this rate.
When u said paid I think we were thinking your tax stamp. Yeah u got awhile.