Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Tree stand camo

Old 12-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Whats the problem sir? I'm just trying out this new pole before I buy it......kinda like trying on shoes before you buy them........
that was basically it......except he wasnt buying no rod, and he's kinda a smartass redneck..........so he says "what the hell does it look like im doing???"
Old 12-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #22
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
that was basically it......except he wasnt buying no rod, and he's kinda a smartass redneck..........so he says "what the hell does it look like im doing???"
and the worker says,"ain't no one gonna be climbing your family tree.....it ain't got no branches...just a straight line"........lol
Old 12-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
and the worker says,"ain't no one gonna be climbing your family tree.....it ain't got no branches...just a straight line"........lol
if only you knew the half of it!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Im a bow hunter, rifle and muzzle loader also, and sorry to be a downer but most of todays camo is made to appeal to a person who is looking at it about a foot and a half away, on the rack!

I have walked right on up to deer, wearing solid color fleece, in the off season.If you dont move, and they cant smell ya, your good to go. Hunter orange has proven this time and time again.

Here's a test you can do, take your camo and put it in a bush or tree or whatever, better yet have someone else wear it, even in a tree stand. Then back away to 20yds then 30 and so on and so on. You will notice one thing, and it happens with most all camo, it will blob out, becoming dark or almost black.

There is only one camo that i have seen which doesnt do this, its predator fall grey pattern.It has a lot of white,grey and brown in large sections. At any distance it breaks up the outline of the person, it works real well and im gonna try, the stuff as soon as my current camo wears out.

I wear weatherby wool, pants and parka which has a very broad camo pattern of browns and a little green, i have had guys tell me that if im not moving i just disappear.This camo has no intricate little twigs or branches, yet works real well.

I was gonna buy the mossy oak treestand but then i saw it in a comparison test against predator and i changed my mind real fast. But what ever works for ya and gives you confidence is just great. I killed two 8 pointers a 7 and a doe this year and they never noticed i wasnt wearing the latest greatest camo.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #25
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah here ya go www.predatorcamo.com
Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
I killed two 8 pointers a 7 and a doe this year
We don't belieeeeeve yoouuuuu!!!!lol
Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Ya I do but I don't get my outfits for their.
I hit the outdoorsman just about when the season is over, nothing like buying a high dollar outfit for low bucks.
Everyone up that way that came to our shoots talks about them. I gotta get up there sometime. Are they starting to run some good deals?.....(not that I got any money right now)
Old 12-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #29
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Ya I do but I don't get my outfits for their.
I hit the outdoorsman just about when the season is over, nothing like buying a high dollar outfit for low bucks.

any website?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
any website?
longbow just stepped out, I haven't been there yet, but I believe this is it..
http://www.outdoorsmansportshop.com/