LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

If you had to pick: .45 or 9mm

View Poll Results: If you only owned one gun what would it shoot?
9mm 168 44.80%
.45 207 55.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Sant919 is on a distinguished road
Name: Santo
Sant919's Tacoma Gallery
45 hands down, slower heavier bullet, more damage
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
I use my 1911 45 for that. Love the critical defense rounds. Got to have the stopping power.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
9mm Glock 17 ftw

+P rounds for self defense, otherwise cheaper rounds
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah cheaper rounds for practice, usually cheaper to own n for those who say a 9mm is for pussies, have u ever been shot?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the decision phase myself. Tax returns coming in next week & I can't make up my mind......kinda leaning more to a 40 myself.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery

I say that because that is what I carry almost all the time, I shoot the most with it so I am the most comfortable with it.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
I'm proficient with both chainsaw and shotgun...
Kangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Kangonia's Tacoma Gallery
I voted .45, but .40 is the best of both worlds... Stopping power + cheaper than .45 rounds. XD .40 FTMFW!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Dude a box if 40 is like 30 bucks on average. I carry a .40
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
40 has more kick and smaller round, I would go 45
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
45 no doubt. Better stopping power
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I look at it like this. If you are are going to practice with your gun, and you should be very familiar with your gun, then go with the 9mm. It is cheaper to shoot. You can always load it up with hallow points for home defense. You can find bulk ammo for about. .22 a round for 9mm vs .36 or more a round. But you really should decide by what you are comfortable with.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
in my personal opinion, i prefer the 9mm especially if it has to serve a dual purpose of business and fun. the 9mm is a lot cheaper then the .45 and in the right hands a 9mm can be just as effective as a .45. just my two cents though.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
The British carry 9mm. They are trained to shoot twice. 45 1 shot kill
Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Thairannosaurus is 100% right but who wants to risk it? Overkill ftw!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
9mm: affordable for target practice, less recoil which means more consistent hits (especially for someone new to pistols). Stopping power is nice but 2 in the chest and 1 in the head has worked very well for the military for many years.

Good luck with the decision, i own a sig 239 subcompact 9mm and am looking to get a 1911 .45
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I vote .45. A good 1911 can't be beat. Now all the Glock and XD fanboys can chime in, (not knocking either) it's just that neither will have a hundred year run, the way the 1911 does. Also, I love the way .40 got threw right in, when the OP ask "these two only". .40cal is a good round.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.
Wrong! shoot em til they drop!

9mm: more rounds in the mag = more rounds down range quicker = more rounds on target.

shot placement > "knock down power"
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
9mm: affordable for target practice, less recoil which means more consistent hits (especially for someone new to pistols). Stopping power is nice but 2 in the chest and 1 in the head has worked very well for the military for many years.

Good luck with the decision, i own a sig 239 subcompact 9mm and am looking to get a 1911 .45
That's why 1911s were being reissued.