Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What's a 1911?

Old 02-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #41
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...they are only 98% cocked
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #42
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
i like the keltec sub2k carbine it folds in half is extremely light and you can get one that uses glock mags so 33 round 9mm or 31 round 40 caliber is an option....

folded in half the sub2k nearly fit in my glove box on my 85 f150 if i had trimmed inside it it could have... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...c-sub-2000-40/

add a glock in the same caliber and you can easily carry both in a standard briefcase and no one would ever know

Yes but it's not a .45 a 9mm or 40 cal is not a .45 and will never be a .45.
My freind shot a shit load of 9mm rounds hit I robber in the chest had to watch him bleed out for a minute or so. Now he has a .45. I'd rather have a .45 than 9mm or .40. Times are changing I still have my Walther PPK/S .380.
Why would anyone carry a 9mm when you could have the knock down of a .45acp. My Kimber is not much bigger than my Walther.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Yes but it's not a .45 a 9mm or 40 cal is not a .45 and will never be a .45.
My freind shot a shit load of 9mm rounds hit I robber in the chest had to watch him bleed out for a minute or so. Now he has a .45. I'd rather have a .45 than 9mm or .40. Times are changing I still have my Walther PPK/S .380.
Why would anyone carry a 9mm when you could have the knock down of a .45acp. My Kimber is not much bigger than my Walther.
These kind of stories are a dime a dozen my friend

I've got plenty of my own...worked a case where a dude took several .45 rounds center mass...he's still around to tell about it

had another case where a single 9mm ball round killed a restaurant owner

and yet another where a dude took a single .32 to the face and did not live to tell about it

Arrested a dude after he was shot by nightclub security in the back with a .223 round, while he was being tended to by EMS, i noticed several scars on his stomach/chest...he said he was shot a couple years prior with a .45

I don't choose a defensive weapon based on caliber
Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #44
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Just one more thing I don't want to hear the BS "you have 13-18 rounds in a XD or Glock.
If you can't hit the target in 8 you are done. Anyone who has a gun and goes to the range 1-2 times a year all you need is 8.
If not carry a shot gun.
Anyone that knows anything about guns should have a shotgun before a hand gun anyway.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #45

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
These kind of stories are a dime a dozen my friend

I've got plenty of my own...worked a case where a dude took several .45 rounds center mass...he's still around to tell about it

had another case where a single 9mm ball round killed a restaurant owner

and yet another where a dude took a single .32 to the face and did not live to tell about it

Arrested a dude after he was shot by nightclub security in the back with a .223 round, while he was being tended to by EMS, i noticed several scars on his stomach/chest...he said he was shot a couple years prior with a .45

I don't choose a defensive weapon based on caliber
Wow several .45 rounds center mass. My freind hit him in the heart with the 9mm. If someone could take 3 .45 rounds all the more to have a .45.
I have to think what kind of rounds they were hard balls or JHP's.
They are making rounds that stop after a few wall of sheet rock (drywall).
If you carry you have to think about a lot of things. Even if you just have a gun in the house. You don't need to shoot a home intruder with a Sig 556 that will keep going into the neighbors house. Just get a Mossberg shotgun will do.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #46
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I agree 100%. I threw this out somewhere else in a handgun thread, to all the Glock and XD fanboys, those designs will never see over a hundred year run. Funny thing is that Browning actually thought his "high power" design was better than the 1911.

I tend to agree. I would never give up my BHP Mk3. Those pistols will surely have a hundred year run as well.

Call me indecisive, but I also can't wait to get a couple 1911s for my collection. There are so many more varieties. Both are fine examples of Browning's talents.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #47
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
For the Browning Hi-Power fans out there. This is my WWII vintage 9mm Belgian Hi-Power made under contract to the German government. It was a bring-back that was nickel plated when I got it. I had it restored - killed that collector value but I couldn't stand to see it in that shiny condition.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #48
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I love the 1911, but unfortunately there are a lot of cheaply made copies on the market. If anyone is looking at them, make sure to look for the real deal - Colt. ( or at least compare different brands to the Colt to make sure you get good quality)
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #49
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
I love the 1911, but unfortunately there are a lot of cheaply made copies on the market. If anyone is looking at them, make sure to look for the real deal - Colt. ( or at least compare different brands to the Colt to make sure you get good quality)

For a period of time, Colt was some of the cheesiest of all, the early stuff was great, the latest seems to up to snuff. IIRC, it was around the time when they swapped from the series 70 to series 80 guns.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #50
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let's not forget General John T. Thompson with some other men & Auto- Ordnance gave us the Thompson Submachine Gun or Tommy Gun in 1919.
Here's mine. Shoots well but heavy as hell with 50-round drum loaded up.
Hate to have had to carry one all through one of the WWII campaigns.

Whit
Attached Thumbnails
What's a 1911?-tommy45-2.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #51
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just one more thing I don't want to hear the BS "you have 13-18 rounds in a XD or Glock.
If you can't hit the target in 8 you are done. Anyone who has a gun and goes to the range 1-2 times a year all you need is 8.
If not carry a shot gun.
8 to put down one attacker, but what about the next one? There are statistics that show some 40% of attacks in the streets occur with multiple hostiles. This also means a taser is inadequate on its own for defensive carry.

Quote:
Anyone that knows anything about guns should have a shotgun before a hand gun anyway.
A shotgun is difficult to carry concealed on a daily basis. A handgun in your hands is better than a long gun locked up in your car.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #52
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I agree 100%. I threw this out somewhere else in a handgun thread, to all the Glock and XD fanboys, those designs will never see over a hundred year run. Funny thing is that Browning actually thought his "high power" design was better than the 1911.
Be careful what you predict. The Glock design appeared in 1979 and entered service in 1982, so it's 30 years and counting. Now that most of Glock's patents have expired, we are seeing manufacturers like LoneWolf starting to make custom frames. This is in addition to S&W's Sigma imitation. With time we will probably see more manufacturers making custom Glock clones.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #53
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i'd bet most people who dont havent used one either
I've got a hi power 9mm that was bought for me when I was 10-11 y/o. Never shot a 1911. Love the way this one shoots.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #54
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
I've got a hi power 9mm that was bought for me when I was 10-11 y/o. Never shot a 1911. Love the way this one shoots.
If/when you decide to sell

Put me at the top of the list please
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Be careful what you predict. The Glock design appeared in 1979 and entered service in 1982, so it's 30 years and counting. Now that most of Glock's patents have expired, we are seeing manufacturers like LoneWolf starting to make custom frames. This is in addition to S&W's Sigma imitation. With time we will probably see more manufacturers making custom Glock clones.
I fully understand, and I've never said they were a bad design, or not a realiable weapon, but they won't be around (still being made, in 70 years from now). I'll go WAY out on a limb here, and guess there'll be no propellant fired projectiles in 2082, none at least any that a citizen can own/purchase. BTW S&W Sigma has been around since 1994, I was stupid enough to buy one of the first models out there.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #56

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
8 to put down one attacker, but what about the next one? There are statistics that show some 40% of attacks in the streets occur with multiple hostiles. This also means a taser is inadequate on its own for defensive carry.

A shotgun is difficult to carry concealed on a daily basis. A handgun in your hands is better than a long gun locked up in your car.
Your right, my freinds shop was held up by 3 guys. They all had hand guns. The other two jumped to an area he could not see. To enter the store you had to buzz in, they shot out the doors got away.
Most of these scum bags never shoot guns at a range & have no clue, they get guns off the street.
They got the two of them a few months later they were out on parole. I would say the people who own guns should go to the range at least two times a year.
Most of the people I know shoot all the time, we had guns when we were 10-12 years old.
Most of these hold up's are done by bullies with guns they cry like babys for there mommys when they go down. Punk scum. The shotgun for the home.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #57

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitster View Post
Here's mine. Shoots well but heavy as hell with 50-round drum loaded up.
Hate to have had to carry one all through one of the WWII campaigns.

Whit
Wow that is nice, I can't own anything like that were I live.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #58
01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future

01TacoBuz's Tacoma Gallery
For the Hi Power lovers
I had this one out of the safe today and carried it for a while then snapped a quick pic of it
Sorry for bad pic, the flash put a glare on part of it
Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #59
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
^^ Very nice looking pistol. Mine is just the standard black with a Hogue grip. Shoots awesome. I'll never sell it.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #60
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
what's a 1911