1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

well its official...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by jpneely, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    I'm surprised no one has asked. How far away are the targets you are trying to shoot?

Lots of people have had good advice so far. I've been taught a variety of different ways to hold and shoot a gun. It honestly comes down to what you are most comfortable with, although some pointers generally do tend to help.

Try shooting at something a little closer. Start at 5 yards, then 7.5, then 10. Eventually you will get it down.

Just always obey the rules of the range and use general common sense. You don't want the first thing you hit to be the person next to you.

2. Feb 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    jpneely

jpneely [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
    haha yea i figured that would come up. but i wasnt shooting at a crazy distance or anything. it was at 25 feet.

3. Feb 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
  4. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Grip is absolutely important, but #1 for me is trigger control. We're all smart enough to line sights up, and it doesn't matter what happens to the gun after the bullet has left the barrel (follow-through and follow-up shots come later for beginners). It's what happens between the time we have our sights aligned and the time the round ignites that matters.

Consider working with a partner or friend (can be your wife). Unload your gun and remove any ammo from the room, and then get a good sight picture with your gun. Have your friend balance a quarter on the slide behind the front sight. The goal is to dry-fire the gun without shaking the quarter off. Once you can do this with boring regularity, have your partner start balancing the quarter on the front sight.

This exercise teaches you to keep the sights aligned through the complete trigger pull, without sympathetic motion in the rest of your dominant hand, without anticipating the shot and without flinching. It'll result in smaller groups on paper and set you up with good fundamentals for when you want to be able to get faster without sucking.

Products Discussed in

To Top