Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Gun Control

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #61
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40204ever View Post
Everyone hates the United States. We are the educated barbarians. We gave the world all of the cool stuff we have. McDonalds, electricity, internet and pickup trucks.
No one understands us, but who cares.
Dont forget that fact that my grandfather (and yours too most likely) helped give the world FREEDOM.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #62
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Oh man this ain't gonna turn into a US V Canada thread is it?

I been an American for 49 years. And I can say we couldn't ask for a better neighbor. That ain't sarcasm.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #63
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Oh man this ain't gonna turn into a US V Canada thread is it?

I been an American for 49 years. And I can say we couldn't ask for a better neighbor. That ain't sarcasm.

I am in total agree'ance with you. Glad we arent just south of some third rate country like Kenya.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #64
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
Alberta could be the 51st state.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #65
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery

this is not gun control!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #66
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

If they wanted.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #67

That is better than the monkey that smokes

Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #68
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Are Canadians still talking about breaking up into their own seperate "mini-countries"? Last time I was in Nova Scotia I overheard a couple gents talking about that.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #69
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40204ever View Post
Everyone hates the United States. We are the educated barbarians. We gave the world all of the cool stuff we have. McDonalds, electricity, internet and pickup trucks.
No one understands us, but who cares.
Talk about cool stuff,

I must say, thanks to Canada we have the Egg McMuffin.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #70
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
TacticalTaco, your defending the war in Iraq? I agree with you Johnny its too late they need all the guns they can get all we can do is try and keep them out of criminals and kids hands.

007Tacoma, your right. I never thought of it that way, I have very little faith in gov't and even less in LEO, I guess I've always felt safe here on my island. however I can see the need to defend yourself. Especially when there is so many people that want that you have. You've changed my mind at least a little, I still don't see the need for military style hardware and I don't think we in Canada should be able to carry a hand gun. However I will be looking into taking the required courses to get my liscence . I still think there is a problem, there must be a way to keep the guns out of the criminal's hands. It seems the majority of people are good willed people and only would use there guns for defense, its just the few that we hear of on the news.

Gun regulations are left up to each state? So some states could have more relaxed laws for gun "control"? How come this can't be a federal issue?

duckmcdr, I'm not sure how many hunting related shootings there are. I haven't heard of any and I know a few avid hunters. You could ask Dick Chaney about gun accidents tho!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #71

I wish we had a Tim Hortens here. Please let Texas have one, Canada, dont be greedy.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #72
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Talk about cool stuff,

I must say, thanks to Canada we have the Egg McMuffin.
are we thanking them for the "canadian bacon"...??

McDonalds was founded in the US by two brothers in San Bernadino, Ca. in 1940.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #73
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
My intent was not to bash on anyone. Just to have a discussion on issues that effect both of our countries. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #74
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny12345 View Post
O.K I've read this thread from start to finish and I've come to realize that maybe gun control in the U.S is a waste of time. Its too late, it's a lost cause.

Americans in general who own firearms feels that there not contributing to the problem, only helping it buy stocking up thier weapon cache with another AR-15 or a beratta 9mm.

For the last 8 years the U.S has been ran buy a goverment of war mongers who have driven thier economy in the toilet by wasting money on a war that did'nt need to be fought in the first place and one that thier losing or have basically lost. I should add the the Taliban were also trained and armed buy the U.S goverment during the cold war.

Now that your economy is decimated, violent crime on the rise, the flow of guns on the streets is increasing every day you Americans may need your guns more than ever.

F*&k it, if I was American I'd buy a RPG and a couple fully auto machine guns too.
here is another person from a country that lives under the protection that the US provides bad mouthing the way we provide it i dont know about you but when i get punched in the nose i fight sept 11 was a punch in the nose from terrorist group based out of these backword ass third world countries and to say that we are losing or already lost is smack in the face to my friends and family that are still there fighting i think you got some balls posting that b#llsh!t but your right everyone gets to have there own opinion yours is just wrong

Old 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #75
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTaco View Post
Is this based on any kind of reputable source or are you just trying to shift the thread towards bashing Canada ?

Recreation Number of Participants Number of Injuries Number of injuries Per 100,000 participants
Football 14,700,000 319,157 2,171.1
Baseball 15,400,000 321,806 2,089.6
Soccer 11,200,000 101,946 910.2
Hunting 18,500,000 1,475 8.0

(http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/programs/core/.../phpmanual.pdf)
Yeah cause I'm the one doing the bashing! Just what I heard from some fellow Canadians. EEEH!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #77
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
I won't bash English-speaking Canada at all. I love it up there. In fact, I was accepted at UofO and Carleton when I was applying for college so many years ago.

I just hate the French...be it the arrogant assholes in France or their retarded Quebecois relatives.

you forgot to mention how the french chose to drink champange rather then fight the Nazi's. Let them march right into Paris...

Old 12-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #78

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
I won't bash English-speaking Canada at all. I love it up there. In fact, I was accepted at UofO and Carleton when I was applying for college so many years ago.

I just hate the French...be it the arrogant assholes in France or their retarded Quebecois relatives.
amen man, fuckin french!

09tacoLI, The world dose not need the protection of the United States. Canada does not need the protection of the United States. stop trying to scare the world into doing what you want.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #79

The modern battle rifle is the evolution from the musket. It serves the same purpose. One is more efficient and looks evil.

People were pissed about those fast shooting percussion cap rifles too. There were huge flint only interest groups in the US prior to the civil war.

Then Paper cartridges became popular and when they lost market share to brass, they petitioned the government to legislate paper only cartridges so they don't lose american jobs.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #80
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
here is another person from a country that lives under the protection that the US provides bad mouthing the way we provide it i dont know about you but when i get punched in the nose i fight sept 11 was a punch in the nose from terrorist group based out of these backword ass third world countries and to say that we are losing or already lost is smack in the face to my friends and family that are still there fighting i think you got some balls posting that b#llsh!t but your right everyone gets to have there own opinion yours is just wrong
Bin laden lives in Afghanistan, not Iraq! And guess where most of the Canadian military is?? Not Iraq!

Closed Thread