1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

texas hunt country

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by vtragweed, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dec 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed [OP] Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    In the next 3 months we are looking to purchase or rent a ranch in texas to start a hunting program and ive got about 220 longhorns to run on the land. For all my natives out there where would you buy for good hunting?

2. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    It really depends on what you want to get out of the land.
    For quality I would look south of San Antonio and also west as well as the Panhandle. There are nice deer all over the state but those areas seem to be the most consistent with producing throphy bucks.
    If you are looking for a whole bunch of deer look in the hill country. There are several five deer counties. The bucks are not usually huge but there are some nice ones.
    With any place you buy the key is to have feed for the deer year round. Protein in the early part of the year when bucks are growing antlers and fat during the winter.
    Feeders and food plots are the best ways to do this. There is a great place to buy seed called Turner Seed in Breckenridge. They have a deer mix that has done well at my friends place.
    There is a whole lot of info that would go into this decision. The internet will be your friend. Also There is some good info on a another forum called texashuntingforum
    Let me know if I can help any more.

3. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed [OP] Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    thanks for the post, im sure ill follow up on this very soon

Products Discussed in

To Top