Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Federal Amunition

Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
wow!
way to punish the good guys.

well, good luck man. hopefully you will get your baby out of jail soon and get to have some fun
Ugh..Im going on a month and a half of waiting, lady at the PD said at least a 2 month wait...Im getting there, LOL..At this rate, it will be a nice christmas present.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Ugh..Im going on a month and a half of waiting, lady at the PD said at least a 2 month wait...Im getting there, LOL..At this rate, it will be a nice christmas present.
wow, thats nuts.

the ATF normaly takes two months to process suppressor and SBR paperwork. you would think that a local PD could work a little faster than that!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
wow, thats nuts.

the ATF normaly takes two months to process suppressor and SBR paperwork. you would think that a local PD could work a little faster than that!

Yep..I might as well save up and buy another permit so I can have that gun ready in 3 months
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #24
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
no kidding, just always have one in "limbo". so that next time you want a gun you dont have to wait till xmas
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #25
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband reloads ...but the Federal 22 rimfire rounds are great in the S&W 1522.

The S&W M&P 9C is one of our favorite, accurate, reliable guns we own.

Every gun is different and what ammo that works well in one gun won't necessarily work well in other guns. As a gun owner, you need to find out what ammo works best in each of your guns.

Or...just start reloading yourself!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #26
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK..so heres the results..

GUN(s) used today.

S&W M&P 9MM fullsize and a M&P subcompact.
.357 MAGNUM
S&W .38 Special
Old 12 guage.

Smith and wessons ate up the Federal Ammunition and kept going for more. Very clean, NO malfunctions, dead accurate. There was over 400 rounds put between both before we ran out rented time. I would not hesitate to get a Smith and Wesson M&P.

.357 was fun, but only brought a box since its kinda pricey. Would love one of these in my collection, but will wait.

.38 special shot a box of hollow points, with a few malfunctions. I think it was "dirty" ammo that made those malfunctions with no-name ammo.

Old shotgun shot fine after the first few shots. Old girl hasnt been shot in YEARS according to the friend that owns it. First shell shot, didnt fully eject the shell out of the gun. A few cycles of the action seemed to clear up that problem..Shot no problems the rest of the box of Winchester.

I wish I could have more technial information of the Federal Ammo, but there wasnt much to examine. They shot great, and will probably be the bullet of choice once I'm able to purchase my Glock.

Smith and Wesson fullsize, and compact were awesome shooting guns.

Although the range was only 50 yards, we shot mostly 25 and under. No need to push a 9MM out to 50 yards. I will go back hopefully when I get my gun, and I'd like to experiment tho. I wasn't trying to punish a weapon today, since one was a self defense weapon(personal gun) for my friend who is a corrections officer.

Overall, everything preformed well today..This is going to be an expensive hobby.
What type of malfunction in the .38? Wheelguns don't usually screw up.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, I had to get a Gun ID to buy a long gun as well (shotgun,muzzleloader).

I've had that for a few years now, just waiting on my handgun permit.

In Jersey, you are required to purchase a handgun permit to buy a handgun, and I believe its only one gun, every 30 days. New permit each gun

at $22 a pop per permit, it gets quite expensive.
I put in for both when I was 5 weeks away from turning 21. When I turned 21 I went down to my PD and picked em up. bought my .357 mag an d 12 gauge. you can get multiple permits at once but they expire every 90 days and you can extend them an additional 90 days. And new jersey is a "one gun a month" state. the pennsylvanians have it so much easier
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

see they are required by law to have it to you in 30 days and if you really wanted to you could take legal action. but thats expensive. they typically give the excuse "so- and so is on vacation" and they always say 6-8 weeks or "its all gunna depend on how fast your reference letters come back"
Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #29

Firefighter:
Well..I finally got my permit back, 3 months and 5 days later. The ink wasnt even dry yet and I have my brand new G17.

Sorry I havent kept up on this thread. The malfunction in the .38 was i believe just dirty ammo. I took it apart and cleaned it that day at the range, and it fired fine afterwards.

I was buying my glock, and eyeing up the ruger revolver in the case next to it. Dunno what size it was, didnt have the money for it anyways at the time.

I'm already looking into my next purchase lol

This weekend will be a 3 day weekend for me, so maybe sun/monday the gun will see some range time.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #30

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
My husband reloads ...but the Federal 22 rimfire rounds are great in the S&W 1522.

The S&W M&P 9C is one of our favorite, accurate, reliable guns we own.

Every gun is different and what ammo that works well in one gun won't necessarily work well in other guns. As a gun owner, you need to find out what ammo works best in each of your guns.

Or...just start reloading yourself!!!

To expensive to get into it for what I'm going to shoot. We used to have all the stuff to do it, but my dad sold it off years ago when I was still a youngin