LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Federal Amunition

Old 03-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Federal Amunition

Just bought 200 rounds of federal 9mm Luger amunition. A friend of my gf's invited us to go shooting tomorrow. I will come prepared to shoot his 9. I will review the day,bullets and gun when I get home tomorrow afternoon

If I can remember to charge my camera tonight, I'll snap some pics also
Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
You can own guns in Jersey?? Cool a day of squeezing rounds. Post up
Old 03-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
You can own guns in Jersey?? Cool a day of squeezing rounds. Post up

yep, its a long process to get them tho. I have not gotten my permit yet, which is needed to buy hangguns. The only reason I'm not bringing my own is because it's like a 2 month wait to get the permit.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
I got fisted

Firefighter:
OK..so heres the results..

GUN(s) used today.

S&W M&P 9MM fullsize and a M&P subcompact.
.357 MAGNUM
S&W .38 Special
Old 12 guage.

Smith and wessons ate up the Federal Ammunition and kept going for more. Very clean, NO malfunctions, dead accurate. There was over 400 rounds put between both before we ran out rented time. I would not hesitate to get a Smith and Wesson M&P.

.357 was fun, but only brought a box since its kinda pricey. Would love one of these in my collection, but will wait.

.38 special shot a box of hollow points, with a few malfunctions. I think it was "dirty" ammo that made those malfunctions with no-name ammo.

Old shotgun shot fine after the first few shots. Old girl hasnt been shot in YEARS according to the friend that owns it. First shell shot, didnt fully eject the shell out of the gun. A few cycles of the action seemed to clear up that problem..Shot no problems the rest of the box of Winchester.

I wish I could have more technial information of the Federal Ammo, but there wasnt much to examine. They shot great, and will probably be the bullet of choice once I'm able to purchase my Glock.

Smith and Wesson fullsize, and compact were awesome shooting guns.

Although the range was only 50 yards, we shot mostly 25 and under. No need to push a 9MM out to 50 yards. I will go back hopefully when I get my gun, and I'd like to experiment tho. I wasn't trying to punish a weapon today, since one was a self defense weapon(personal gun) for my friend who is a corrections officer.

Overall, everything preformed well today..This is going to be an expensive hobby.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Federal is generally my first choice in factory ammo. It is consistent and provides much comfort when you are depending on it for defensive purposes.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
I have shot a bunch of federal ammo through my m&p's with zero malfunctions. On the other hand, my mossberg 500 does not get along with their 12ga ammo. It doesn't like to eject them well and jams.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i've got an m&p9 fullsize and m&p9c (compact), ..the compact i carry... they are great, ...they'll eat federal ball ammo all day, ..same w/ winchester white box... pretty accurate as well, ..i can hit well w/in minute-of-bad guy (dinner plate) w/ the m&p9 fullsize at 50yds from benchrest position..
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
federal is good ammo. i run it threw my taurus .45. its nice cause its on sale right now too at my local shop. 9mm are bitch pistols. shoot a pistol with some power and youll never look back
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Bitch pistols? Sorry im not like you and cant afford to buy a 357 magnum and shoot it every weekend. Im not going to fight a war with a 9mm..have you ever read before? The military and law enforcement carried and some still do carry 9mm..sorry, but if they trust there lives with it I dont think there a "bitch pistol".
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
federal is good ammo. i run it threw my taurus .45. its nice cause its on sale right now too at my local shop. 9mm are bitch pistols. shoot a pistol with some power and youll never look back
Don't be a douche.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
relax people. was meant jokingly. but i dont own a 357 nor do i shoot every weekend. SEALs still use 9s. opinions are like assholes. to each their own. no ill will was intended. i know a few people that have 9s and they are fun to shoot. a lot of L.E. orgs dont use 9s anymore due to the fact that they didnt have the stopping power that was needed in high risk situations.

anyway.. if you can get your hands on a .45, blast off a few rds, youll enjoy it. hell, id let you shoot mine. im still breaking it in.
No offense taken, can't really detect sarcasim on the 'net.

I'd like a .45, but ammo is to expensive for me to shoot, often. I bought 200 rounds of Federal ammo on sale in 9MM, was $60.

No one I know shoots a .45, there all 9MM or one buddy has a .357 MAG thats a monster
Same friend is looking into a .45, so well see.

I got a new job which is weekends off, so I'll be throwing ALOT of lead down range shortly. I'm planning on joining a semi-local range when I get everything settled, I'll invite you up to shoot.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
relax people. was meant jokingly. but i dont own a 357 nor do i shoot every weekend. SEALs still use 9s. opinions are like assholes. to each their own. no ill will was intended. .
one of these might help next time ","

OP glad your enjoying your gun
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
one of these might help next time ","

OP glad your enjoying your gun
havent got it yet, still waiting for the PD to get me my permit
Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
havent got it yet, still waiting for the PD to get me my permit
WHAT?! you have to have a permit to buy a gun? Isnt that called being a US citizen?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
WHAT?! you have to have a permit to buy a gun? Isnt that called being a US citizen?

Yep, I had to get a Gun ID to buy a long gun as well (shotgun,muzzleloader).

I've had that for a few years now, just waiting on my handgun permit.

In Jersey, you are required to purchase a handgun permit to buy a handgun, and I believe its only one gun, every 30 days. New permit each gun

at $22 a pop per permit, it gets quite expensive.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #20

wow!
way to punish the good guys.

well, good luck man. hopefully you will get your baby out of jail soon and get to have some fun