Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

My Custom Mossberg 590 action release

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
My Custom Mossberg 590 action release

So, I got my 590 a few weeks ago. I added a pistol grip stock. Adding the pistol grip made it very awkward to release the action to load a round in the chamber. I had to change my grip and hold the shotgun in an awkward position. Me search through the web for a replacement extended action release yielded no results. So I jumped on midway and ordered an extra OEM action release lever and modified it myself. Now I can easily release the action without changing my grip on the shotgun. I am very happy with the results. I will probably be looking for a manufacturer to make these for sale.

Attached Thumbnails
My Custom Mossberg 590 action release-tn_img_20120303_214527.jpg   My Custom Mossberg 590 action release-tn_img_20120303_214558.jpg   My Custom Mossberg 590 action release-tn_img_20120303_214620.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had an issue with that...but I find the safety to be a pain on a pistol gripped mossberg
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Dude thank you for posting this. I have a mossberg 500 cruiser and when I put the folding stock with pistol grip on it I ran into the same issues. I never did find a working solution but this is perfect. For me the stock grip was ok, but the way the new one is sits different and it causes me to have to adjust my grip to release the action and was very annoying.

And I agree on the safety being a pain. With my folding stock you can't get to it quick or easy while its down which really sucks.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I've been planning on doing something exactly like this!

Can you give us a few measurements?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
nice, I've had the same problem. +1
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
nice, i have a maverick 88 with the ati top folding stock that has a pistol grip. i dont have a big problem with the release, but it would def be nice if it extended out a lil more. how much do yo u think you would sell them for?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel7234 View Post
nice, i have a maverick 88 with the ati top folding stock that has a pistol grip. i dont have a big problem with the release, but it would def be nice if it extended out a lil more. how much do yo u think you would sell them for?
I have no idea. I need to find out how much they will cost to manufacture.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
pic of it "stock"?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
pic of it "stock"?
Ugh... umm... dont feel like swapping it back.. maybe someone else has a pic of a stock one.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
pic of it "stock"?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
coral is on a distinguished road
coral's Tacoma Gallery
4RunnerSeth

wondering if you can provide a little more info please. This is a great idea and would like to do the same on mine. i looked at midways web site and could not find a replacement " OEM action release lever " so could you provide a ling to that? also can you please explain what you did to the release leaver? did you weld a piece onto the original or was the replacement bent and fabricated as a shown? lastly how did you get the part back to factory finish? is that powder coating or blueing? thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coral View Post
4RunnerSeth

wondering if you can provide a little more info please. This is a great idea and would like to do the same on mine. i looked at midways web site and could not find a replacement " OEM action release lever " so could you provide a ling to that? also can you please explain what you did to the release leaver? did you weld a piece onto the original or was the replacement bent and fabricated as a shown? lastly how did you get the part back to factory finish? is that powder coating or blueing? thanks
I just welded a tab on. I repainted mine with just spray paint. If i did it again i would probably have it powder coated. Here is a link to the part. they are out of stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/152...a-12-gauge-590
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
florwj is on a distinguished road
Navy: AQ3
florwj's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect. Mossberg 590 with Knoxx stock and that's what I'm looking for as well. This is an under-served market - albeit a niche.