I am going to be purchasing a light pocket carry gun. This will be a gun which will always leave home with me and will be on my person every day. I work in not so nice neighborhoods so this is a piece of mind for me. I already have full size .40 at home, but the .40 is too big, too heavy and too bulky to carry throughout 12+ hour workday. I am also in AZ and work outside or in empty apartments, it gets 110+f around here in summer so again the need for very small yet effective gun.
Now I have narrowed my selection to the Taurus TCP and the Ruger LCP. From this point I can't make up my mind. Here is list of pros and cons;
- lighter than Taurus
- Ruger name, many many people I talked to would pick the Ruger
- slide wont stay open after last round
- LONG trigger pull
- sights are almost non existent
- is $30-$50 more expensive than TCP
- slide will lock open after last round
- better more profound sights than Ruger
- shorter trigger pull than Ruger
- has better sights than Ruger
- cheaper than Ruger
- on early models the gun would NOT fire 2nd round if the trigger wasnt released all the way before squeezed again - HUGE ISSUE especially since this would be a gun which I would pull if my life would be in danger. LINK --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEPqB...eature=related
I have read MANY reviews and it seems that some LOVE the TAURUS some hate it. Same goes for the Ruger. Same goes for FTF/FTE, same people claim their TCP is flawless, same say they traded it in after 100rounds because of FTF/FTE again same goes for the Ruger...
Please help me make up my mind