Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

I need a shotgun but what kind?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
its already out of stock....
Old 12-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #22
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
wow they really are out of stock. Damn I should have ordered one the other week.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

mossberg 500 with 18.5 barrel, pistol grip, and adjustable stock

loaded with 00 Buck
Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #24
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery

Now I would never disrespect anyones Truck,Mother,Dog,Girlfriend/Wife or gun,(in that order) but IMHO there is nothing better than an Ithaca MOD 37 Featherlight DS Police Special for a shotgun. An oldie, but a goodie.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #25
Pre08 will become famous soon enough
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Get an 870 youth model 20Ga.

I just bought one and it actually fits me perfect and has a 20" barrell. nice and compact and it comes with a nice looking laminated stock and it is parkerized. less that $300.

Mossbergs are good too, but i don't like the fact that they have safety problems.

Ithacas are the shixnit too!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #26
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for all the input guys
Old 12-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #27
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery

Just ask around, we know our sh*t, I mean guns.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #28

I've got 7 guns myself, just never looked at shotguns and knew the 500 had a military background and 870 is used by lots of LE agencies.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i chose the 500 because its like a cheaper version of the 590...which is what my dept utilizes
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #30
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I swear by my Mossberg 500 .20gauge. You can see me holding it my photos.

It has the pistol grip, I personally hate shoulder stocks.

I keep it loaded and chambered next to my bed.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I swear by my Mossberg 500 .20gauge. You can see me holding it my photos.

It has the pistol grip, I personally hate shoulder stocks.

I keep it loaded and chambered next to my bed.
i dunno about keeping a round chambered in a shotgun, but i def keep mine loaded and rack ready so i just have to grab it and rack it and we're ready to roll
Old 12-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #33
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dunno about keeping a round chambered in a shotgun, but i def keep mine loaded and rack ready so i just have to grab it and rack it and we're ready to roll
I keep the safety on.

We dont have children at my house, and everyone that comes into the home is no stranger to handling firearms.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I keep the safety on.

We dont have children at my house, and everyone that comes into the home is no stranger to handling firearms.

gotcha...but that racking sound is much more intimidating than the click of the safety switch...
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #35
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
870 FTW!
for home defense get the tactical 870
has 7 shot capacity with a pistol grip
there's plenty of story out there of 870's lasting a lifetime....

also check out the "Home Defense Slugs" Pretty cool stuff
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #36
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
gotcha...but that racking sound is much more intimidating than the click of the safety switch...

LOL! so true
Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #37
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm not looking to intimidate someone. Lets just put it this way; if they are in my house, I want to do more than just intimidate them.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I'm not looking to intimidate someone. Lets just put it this way; if they are in my house, I want to do more than just intimidate them.

me too...but in all actuality...id just as soon have the bastard turn tail and take off before i have to shoot them
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #40
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I like Mossys but any of the shotguns you listed will serve you well. I'd steer clear of the Maverik though; it's just not built as well as a Mossberg 500.