1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Phily Cop chokes person openly carrying

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Rmodel65, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Made it through another day unarmed

:thumbsup:

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    LOL, HOW DID YOU DO IT?!

3. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    I pray for the safety of you poor unarmed Canadians each and every night.

4. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    for you...it seems more reasonable to carry a flame thrower

ice is a scary scary thing

5. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Ive made it through 32 years of life (mostly unarmed)....:D

If I could CC I would............

6. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    So did I ... and I'm in big bad scary America. How brave an I? :eek:

I don't care who you are. Openly carrying a gun in plain clothes into a crowded public space is stupidity. You know you're gonna stir the pot, scare some lemmings, and they're gonna call the cops who now have to waste their time dealing with you. You want to carry, fine. Do it out of sight where people are none the wiser, and you won't be disturbing the peace.

7. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    Phlip4x4Sport

Phlip4x4Sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Torrance, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road Long Bed
    New and Unmodified
    You earned a lot of respect for the entire LEO community with that post. Very well directed statements showing logical reasons and support for whichever side of the argument was both reasonable and correct.

Thank-you for your service.
    +Rep for not letting the media, politicians, and trolls tear the LEO Community apart from the upstanding citizens.

8. Apr 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Right or wrong (by CO and/or LEO) ... in many ways ... this thread is a ... "Microcosm of that Philly Incident" ... :rolleyes:

9. Apr 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    Frostbyte

Frostbyte Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD OR Manual
    SOLD - 03 Black SR5 4x4 TRD OR RIP - 07 Radiant Red SR5 4x4 TRD Sport Fabtech 6" lift, 33x12.50.18 Toyo M/T on All black XD Hoss wheels
    There will always be corruption, as a CO or an LEO. There will always be some asshat that does something stupid that makes us all look bad. I never said there wont be.

The reason why being a CO is much much more difficult than an LEO, is simply this. All the drug dealers, rapists, burglars/thieves, murderers, and violent gang members you arrest, you only have to deal with for around 15 minutes to maybe 2 hours, then you pass them off to the CO, who has to deal with those shitheads for days, weeks, months, years at a time. What sounds more difficult for you? Arresting some child rapist that murdered his 12 year old victim, and taking him to jail which might take you an hour or 2? Or being the guy that lawfully has to protect the piece of wastefull shit that he is, from the other inmates for years to come until he finally goes to court?

This is from my own experiences. I completely and utterly respect CO's. Ive done their job, its a tuff job, and can honestly say that after dealing with a jackass on the street, I can drive to the local gas station, buy a rockstar, relax for a minute to clear my mind... You cant really do that as a CO. The inmates never go away, and know how to get under your skin, all day every day.

Just my 2cents.

10. Apr 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    Open carry is legal. In some states. The right to own a firearm is any non felons right. But when I was stationed in WA the law stated that u can open carry. But not loaded. All states govern their own laws when it comes to firearms. The cannot subtract from federal laws but can add laws. It Va u can open carry with a handgun loaded. I am sure the cap on mag is 18. So if u have a high cap mag u cannot open carry that. At least NOrthern VA. In Philly u can carry a firearm but with a permit from what I gather. But the rest of PA u can carry openly subject to local law.

If a locality in a state passes a bill into law restricting open carry but not ownership( city ordanance) because of safety than it is the law. Period. I don't agree with all laws. But I try my damndest to abide by them

11. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    So much to say but I won't. It's like beating a dead horse

12. Apr 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Full OME 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Weathertech liners, Toyota bed mat, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's, bedlights and other small stuff.
    I'll echo everything you said. I've done both jobs. Both jobs have their challenges, issues, rewards, etc. I still have former inmates recognize me on the street or calls I respond to.

One thing LEO's need to remember about CO's, without them, they are useless. Who else is going to take that rapist, murderer, off of your hands once you arrest them? As LEO's we can't just shoot them, and we sure as hell aren't taking them home with us to watch. ;)

13. Apr 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    I dont believe it is constitutional to ban felons the right arms when they have been free from incarceration....in fact colorado recently ruled that felons can raise the state language as a defence to the crime of being a felon in possession of a firearm http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/207555-colorado-court-felons-have-right-bear-arms.html

also you have to look at it this way traditionally felons were people who had committed murder...now a person downloading a cd can become a felon...do you really think an 18 year old college kid should not be allowed to defend him/herself ever if they got music online?? what about martha stewart do you think she should be able to own a gun? what about someone who possesses a lobster that is too short or a bony fish?
    No city in PA can pass gun laws they have preemption of all local ordinances... also thet state constution doesnt give localities any power to pass laws

Pennsylvania: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

i disagree...seems the courts do also...its gonna take them a while to catch up since the 2nd was just incorporated thur the 14th amendment to apply to the states

no state shall convert a right into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.
    -murdok v. pennsylvania, 319 US 105

if the state converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity.
    -shuttleworth v. city of birmingham alabama 373 US 262

the court is to protect against any encroachment of Constitutionally secure rights
    -boyd v. u.s., 116 US 616

where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    -miranda v. arizona, 384 US 436 (1966)

an unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as though it had never been passed.
    -norton v. shelby county, 118 US 425

14. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    My father is a 2 time felon. 1 felony is an assault on a LEO. 2nd is breaking a restraining order. I never want someone who is incapable of making sound judgements regardless of my relationship to own or be near firearms, period. if u have any violent felonies. NO Guns. no excuses. i dont give a rats ass. My feelings only. if the gov reinstates your rights than fine. they are the boss. if not, they have their reasons.

15. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i'd echo that sentiment

I know here in SC, the person has to be convicted of a violent felony before being a prohibited possessor

and i'm 100% OK with that

16. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

actually we are they are the servant :p

if he is so dangerous then why is he out and about? does he drive? he could easily run someone over with a 4k pound car in a crowd just as easily as shooting someone...what about knives? a bow and arrow? sticks? rocks?

17. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I understand what you are getting at, but time in jail does not stop a person from being a career criminal...

some people are victims of circumstance, and occasionally you'll have a guy turn his life around when he goes to jail...but more often than not...your run of the mill violent felon with a firearm will continue to use that firearm when he is released from prison...if i can use that in our favor to keep a dirtbag off the street and away from innocent people...why not?

Products Discussed in

To Top