Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

looking for a 9mm but unsure on which to pick

Old 04-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #23
baldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to beholdbaldy77 is a splendid one to behold

baldy77's Tacoma Gallery
If you want something for protection and can be concealed, go with the glock 26. Mags are interchangeable between glocks.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
Gen IIV Glock 34

9mm...most accurate handgun I have ever shot. Like someone said before get to a shop and try different ones.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
You can get a glock, sigpro, Springfield xd, used beretta, and maybe a smith and Wesson m&p.

Check out cdnninvestments.com they got some pretty good prices on guns.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
Hunter423
Hunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant future

Name: hunter
Hunter423's Tacoma Gallery
i love my ruger p95 9mm packs one hell of punch especially with hallow point critical defense rounds
Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #27
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
http://www.best9mm.com/

some of them the prices are a bit higher than in stores.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
SodakTaco will become famous soon enough
SodakTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you're willing to push a little above your $400 limit, the CZ-75 is a fantastic 9mm. I also have a SR9 that cost me about $400, it's a great weapon as well. I've never been much of a glock fan, but I know that they're dead reliable as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
L J will become famous soon enoughL J will become famous soon enough

L J's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my first handgun. Picked the one that felt comfortable in my hand. A 9mm CZ 75b SS. Went with the stainless steel for durability. Shot it for the first time last week and really liked it. I could have picked up the non SS for just over $400 but am always willing to spend more for quality and longevity. Seems to pay off in the long run every time. Now I need a source for bulk ammo so I don't go broke shooting.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #30
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
I like my IWI Baby Desert Eagle ,Great gun and fits my hand well.Alittle pricey but well worth the money.
just look them up
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #31
cluznar is on a distinguished road
cluznar's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a 9mm

Ruger SR9
Ruger SR9c
Stoeger Cougar
Bersa 9mm's
Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could get a Glock 17/19 and get a 22 conversion for it. Win/win
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
well as it says im looking for a 9mm.

uses:
protection.
for some rec shooting.
something just to have around in case.

this will be the first handgun i will have, already have a savage 30-6
but looking for mainly under $400 used or new doesnt matter.

any good brands/model you would suggest?

thanks
Every 21 yr old has to have a Glock...then you outgrow it.
A SW 686 will be a much smarter handgun for a first timer and do everything you want.
And you will look smarter to people with more handgun experience.
I'm pretty sure you'll end up with a Glock (THERE BADASS!(sic))
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #34
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
i own a sig pro 2022 for 389$ still think it's about that much if not lower by now
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Sig is outta the question for $400. But the best handgun I have ever fired is a Sig P226.
if OP wants a sig for $400 there is always the sig sp2022 pro

Nutnfancy was impressed by the sig sp2022 pro

though i'm a glock fan. get a 17 or 19.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #36
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I've put this in so many threads,but I'm happy to share what I know. Go handle everything you can. I know you want a gun NOW,but handle every gun you see. Disregard price. I'm not saying go buy a Les Baer custom for $5k,but handle everything you can find. One will feel the best in your hand. I wanted a Glock for years. Finally went shopping and thought " It's out of my price range,but I'll check out this H&K over here ". Waited a bit longer and got that. I have never held anything that fits my hand as well. That being said,I carry my Sig-Sauer 1911 classic reverse the most of anything I have. But handle them all and find what fits best,then go from there. And like others have said here..don't buy it,take it home and toss it in the nightstand. Go shoot it,and shoot it often. You want to commit the operation of it to muscle memory. I'll compare it to driving a stick shift. When you first do it,you have to consciously think about it,each shift,every time. But after you drive one awhile,it's not using your concentration.You kind of just do it.Muscle memory. The same works with any handgun. The more you use it,the more likely you'll do well in the event you really need it. To your preference of a safety,a lot of experts dislike them. Not for safety's sake,but for the extra step when you need the gun NOW. It gives you one more thing to fumble on and cause an issue.

One more thing..another good idea would be to find a small 22 pistol to work on your basics. Shooting a pistol is a whole new world if you've only shot long guns. A .22 will help develop good habits in handgun shooting.Light recoil and cheap as hell to go through ammo.

Ok...I'm stepping off the soap box. Next ?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #37
HUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Tommy
HUNT's Tacoma Gallery
Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
^ X2...I've had several handguns but I always go back to my Glock 19. Comfortable for me, NEVER misfires/jams, and a trigger pull that just seems "right" to me. Like other have said, fire a bunch of different guns but I'd be surprised if the Glock 19 didn't fit the bill. And they are affordable.

^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #38
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KID RAY View Post
Glocks are too long and thick to be concealing, I sold my 26 and purchased a Sig Sauer P290, the Sig comes stock from factory with night sights, Glock charges extra for that.
you probably paid alot more for that than what a G26 costs also, i put NS's on all of my glocks, they're about $80 a set

funny about how everyone raves about the G19, i know it's glocks most popular model and for some reason i have about everything BUT a G19, had one once, got it for my ex g/f to shoot we split and that gun went bye bye, it was a 1991 production year 2nd gen, shot great, i just prefer to CCW the 26, it compliments my 17 and 34 nicely
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #39
crash3 is on a distinguished road
crash3's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 19 :cool
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #40
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KID RAY View Post
I paid $ 529.00 for my Sig Sauer P290 w/ factory installed night sights, a Glock 26 new in the box with night sights here at a reputable dealer is $605.00, Sig Sauer is made in the USA, I assisted in an American keeping his or her job.
glock 26's are $499 here, they accept G17, G18 (33rd) and G19 mags as backups

i like sig 290, i actually thought about buying one till i realized they were a $500+ gun, too much for me, esp now that the M&P sheild's are out

i bought a PF-9 and it's been 100% rock solid reliable after 400+rds now (but only carry it when the G26 is too much to carry)