Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

looking for a 9mm but unsure on which to pick

Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #41
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Sig is outta the question for $400. But the best handgun I have ever fired is a Sig P226.
start packing your lunch and walk to work to save up some extra money. i agree with this..P226.

i love mine. my brother gave it to me, after he got something else as his duty piece. mine is worn and patina looking. but some new mag springs, and the pistol never misses a beat. super accurate.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #42
cluznar is on a distinguished road
cluznar's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a 9mm

Or get a Ruger SR9c or maybe a Bersa 9mm these guns are accurate and reliable.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #43
Banned
sunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to behold
sunflower's Tacoma Gallery
I have a SA xd 9 and I like it alot.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #44
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the GLOCK! the 19 (midsize) its my favorite. If you have to have a safety look at the XD. If you want a metal frame look at the Beretta M9 or similar models.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #45
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
If I was to buy a 9mm, I would go with a Glock. I have a Glock 22 and it is a great firearm. Stay away from High Point. Crappiest brand ever! When my wife and I first moved out here to Colorado, her ex husband had made threats to kidnap her two kids from their marriage, and kill her. We have full custody of the kids and a restraining order against him. I was on workmans comp at the time so when we moved here, it took all of our money and we were already hurting financially because of my being out of work. Nevertheless, because of his threats, I bought a High Point 9mm for home protection. Thank God I never had to use it though because you shoot the firarm once and it jams on every shot. I absolutely hate that gun! My Glock on the other hand has never given me a single issue.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #46
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Glock 26 with some 17 round mags in it.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #47
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Say did the OP ever get a Pistol and if so what kind?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #48
cluznar is on a distinguished road
cluznar's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a 9mm

I disagree on the Hi Point. While I don't own one I know two people who do and they are accurate and dependable. They tell me it has to be broke in right, work the slide 100 times, clean and oil well, and polish the feed ramp. Then it will be dependable.

Would I buy one? No because I doubt it could be better than my Ruger SR9c.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i bought a glock 17, and went out and shot 300 rounds thru it, with 2 jams with the empys not ejecting. 2 out of 300 is pretty reliable for me. The gun is still breaking in, so next trip out i hope to have no problems. Glocks can get kind of pricey, I paid $605 OTD for my 17, with 3 mags..$20 of that was NJ's stupid "instant background check" the day you buy the weapon.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #50
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i bought a glock 17, and went out and shot 300 rounds thru it, with 2 jams with the empys not ejecting. 2 out of 300 is pretty reliable for me. The gun is still breaking in, so next trip out i hope to have no problems. Glocks can get kind of pricey, I paid $605 OTD for my 17, with 3 mags..$20 of that was NJ's stupid "instant background check" the day you buy the weapon.
You had 2 things of jam in your gun?

HiPoint, BAD BAD bad idea.

Not a fan of Glocks myself, XD or Smith and Wesson M&P9 would be my first choices. Grip and handling is exceptional on both weapons. It all comes down to a matter of personal preference I guess.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #51
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
You had 2 things of jam in your gun?

HiPoint, BAD BAD bad idea.

Not a fan of Glocks myself, XD or Smith and Wesson M&P9 would be my first choices. Grip and handling is exceptional on both weapons. It all comes down to a matter of personal preference I guess.

yep, rasburry..deeeelicious
Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #52
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
No wonder your shells weren't ejecting.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #53
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
No wonder your shells weren't ejecting.

but it made for a good sammich..my gun must be a female
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #54

Law Enforcement: