Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

New S&W M&P Shield (M&P Single-Stacker) - Anyone Tried it?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
New S&W M&P Shield (M&P Single-Stacker) - Anyone Tried it?

...i'm a big M&P fan, ...a single stacker version sounds interesting to me.. anyone seen these yet?

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/12/s...#axzz1shxb2YNW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xR_...layer_embedded
Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Just saw this a couple of days ago. Very seriously considering it. I have the M&P 9c and it's become my favorite carry pistol, but it's still a little bit chunky. I had been looking at single stack compact pistols for a couple months and the timing of this release was nice.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Working on my dirt tan
TacoMTB will become famous soon enoughTacoMTB will become famous soon enough
TacoMTB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice

In a perfect world, this would be my CCW choice and my third M&P. Since I live in a "no f*cking way we're giving you a permit" county, I can only drool.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
crap, i think it comes w/ a thumb safety
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Just checked one out today. Very slim and compact. However, it was a bit longer than I anticipated. Trigger pull wasn't that great IMO either.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #6

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Just checked one out today. Very slim and compact. However, it was a bit longer than I anticipated. Trigger pull wasn't that great IMO either.
was the trigger feel similar to other M&Ps?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
You know what, I own a Glock and a Sig, so I can't say for sure if the shield had a comparable trigger to the other M & P's. To me, however, it seemed very short and uncrisp.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's rated at 6.5lbs i'm sure that feels like butter compaired to my keltec PF9's trigger

i ccw a G26 and every now and then the PF9, i have someone that would buy my keltec tomorrow if i wanted to sell it, i'm seriously tempted to this gun, being a glock guy i wish they'd come out with a single stack 9mm but it'll never happen, i do however like the M&P pistols and always have

who cares about the freakin thumb saftey? leave it off if you dont want one
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Wow really, the trigger seemed even lighter than 6lbs, but maybe thats just me. Im looking for a good ccw. How does that glock 26 conceal? Was thinking about getting the 26 or 27, but also contemplating holding out for the springfield XDS, whenever that damn thing comes out!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow really, the trigger seemed even lighter than 6lbs, but maybe thats just me. Im looking for a good ccw. How does that glock 26 conceal? Was thinking about getting the 26 or 27, but also contemplating holding out for the springfield XDS, whenever that damn thing comes out!
the 26 conceals pretty well but it's alot thicker than a single stack 9mm
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i figured that. I originally had a Kahr CW9 and sold that. May end up buying one again, or as I mentioned, see what the xds is all about.

BTW, where @ in OH are ya?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #12

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
it's rated at 6.5lbs i'm sure that feels like butter compaired to my keltec PF9's trigger

i ccw a G26 and every now and then the PF9, i have someone that would buy my keltec tomorrow if i wanted to sell it, i'm seriously tempted to this gun, being a glock guy i wish they'd come out with a single stack 9mm but it'll never happen, i do however like the M&P pistols and always have

who cares about the freakin thumb saftey? leave it off if you dont want one
don't like 'em, ...just one more thing to snag, ..and one more thing to worry about being in the "right" position... i guess as long as you train to draw an manipulate the safety, fine, ...but it's one more step... anyway, i was hoping this would be a good alternative to the walther PPS (which i would otherwise like, but the dealbreaker is their mag release "innovation" )
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #13
300rem7 will become famous soon enough

Navy: SSBN 738 (G) Missile Tech
300rem7's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone compared the Shield to Walthers PPS?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300rem7 View Post
i've heard it's very comperable in size

as for the thumb saftey again i think it sits down in semi flush with the guns slide but dont quote me on that
Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #15

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300rem7 View Post
hmm,... this sounds like the perfect request to make to hickok45
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
hmm,... this sounds like the perfect request to make to hickok45
he makes mention of the size similarity in his "shield" video