Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bank of America Dumps Gun Industry Client, McMillan Group Int'l, ...Because...

Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Bank of America Dumps Gun Industry Client, McMillan Group Int'l, ...Because...

BofA is anti-gun..

read here:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/an...-another-bank/

Quote:
Bank of America to gun company: Find another bank
Published: 5:07 PM 04/20/2012

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.

Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

But at the bank’s request, he said, the McMillan group of companies would soon be paying off its credit line and closing its accounts.

Writing Thursday on Facebook, McMillan described a meeting at his office with Ray Fox, a business banking Senior Vice President with the giant bank. What was originally scheduled as an “account analysis” meeting, however, quickly became a political smackdown.

The Bank of America emissary, he said, “spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier ...

Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Time to move my accounts.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
BOA has done several things I don't agree with but I use them because I have several accounts with them, they have branches and ATMs nation-wide and it would be a big hassle for me to change. Look deeply enough and you will find something about any large company that you don't like. Welcome to the real world.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 View Post
BOA has done several things I don't agree with but I use them because I have several accounts with them, they have branches and ATMs nation-wide and it would be a big hassle for me to change. Look deeply enough and you will find something about any large company that you don't like. Welcome to the real world.
true, but BofA has had a pattern of being against 2A... these guys are screwing us twice - getting bailed out w/ taxpayer money, and discriminating against gunowners/industry...
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 View Post
Not to go on a rant but I refuse to take the spoonful of shit the big companies are trying to feed me. One voice does matter. I dislike the self check out line that are everywhere now and refuse to use one. Whwn the employee tells me to use it instead of standing in line I decline politly and then explain that they will be less jobs (their job) if I continue to do their job
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Working on my dirt tan
TacoMTB will become famous soon enoughTacoMTB will become famous soon enough
TacoMTB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
true, but BofA has had a pattern of being against 2A... these guys are screwing us twice - getting bailed out w/ taxpayer money, and discriminating against gunowners/industry...
True dat. I closed all my accounts at BoA and moved to a credit union last December. I'll never forget the bank managers expression when I told her why it was happening, "because I cannot do business with a bank that took bailout money and still screwed their customers. Have a nice day."
Old 04-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
I paid off B of A five years ago(credit card) and refuse to ever do business with them again if I can help it. (Sometimes mortgages get sold and they get them, nothing I can do about that). They jacked my interest rate up to 34% after a late payment when I was going thru a divorce and never told me. I called them to ask about it and they gave me no love so I gave them the boot. Never again.
They suck!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Bank of America hasn't always been the "big bad." They opened in the US as a branch of the Bank of Italy to give loans and bank services to immigrants that US banks would not. They also provided loans that were instrumental in the rebuilding of San Francisco after the earthquake and fire of 1906.

Like it or not, it sometimes behooves one to go with a large and long-established banking institution. A few years ago I had much of my savings in a smaller bank because they were paying high CD interest rates. One day I got on bankrate.com and noticed that their four-star rating had dropped to one star. Before I got a chance to look into it farther I got a letter from the FDIC informing me that the bank had failed. I eventually got my money back but it was an eye-opener. Now I keep my money in a bank that the government considers too big to let fail.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Bofa is alot more anti than that .
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Meh it's business. THey can choose who they want to be associated with. I have zero experience with BofA.....but it's up to them, whether a wise decision or a poor one.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Meh it's business. THey can choose who they want to be associated with. I have zero experience with BofA.....but it's up to them, whether a wise decision or a poor one.
Nor Entirely true . They have to play fair even though they don't but they are supposed to .
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
If you are anti 2a, you don't get my business. Period.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #14
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
USAA

If you are active duty, Guard, Reserve or a veteran, use USAA. They were founded by military people for military people. Very friendly and great service for banking, financial or insurance. Been with them since 1978. I have direct deposit, use their on line bill pay and use ATM's all over the US/Baja and get ATM fees reimbursed by USAA.

https://www.usaa.com

I also keep a small account at a local credit union, and can electronically transfer funds from my USAA accounts to the local CU if needed.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #15
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMTB View Post
True dat. I closed all my accounts at BoA and moved to a credit union last December. I'll never forget the bank managers expression when I told her why it was happening, "because I cannot do business with a bank that took bailout money and still screwed their customers. Have a nice day."
I did almost the same thing last November. Had a similar response when I told the branch manager that boa is a greedy pig of a company and I refuse to deal with them or let them have a dime of my hard earned money any more. She tried to tell me about the numerous branches and locations and I stopped her and reminded her of the large push for online banking and I step foot in a branch maybe a handful of times in a year. I have not missed all of their locations one bit. Navy federal credit union is awesome.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
If you are active duty, Guard, Reserve or a veteran, use USAA. They were founded by military people for military people. Very friendly and great service for banking, financial or insurance. Been with them since 1978. I have direct deposit, use their on line bill pay and use ATM's all over the US/Baja and get ATM fees reimbursed by USAA.

https://www.usaa.com

I also keep a small account at a local credit union, and can electronically transfer funds from my USAA accounts to the local CU if needed.
USAA is the SHIT!!!!

Best costumer service ever!!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
I, too, do not like BOA but in the interest of being fair must offer a comment regarding the TARP money.

BOA had a balanced portfolio and had adequate loan reserves when everything started to tank at the end of 2008. They told the US Treasury they did not want any TARP money.

Treasury came back and, from what I understand, essentially told BOA they were going to take Merrill Lynch over whether they wanted to or not. All the TARP monies that BOA received were for Merrill Lynch losses, something the BOA management had not been part of creating. As soon as possible BOA floated some stock issues to get Treasury out of their business.

As for the origins of BOA, the Little Italy part of the bank started in California was taken over by NCNB who took the BOA name over. All the hate mail should be sent to Charlotte, NC.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
There are always two sides to every story.

I am not syaing bofa is not anti 2a. But then again, based on what I just read, there is not enough info to say they are, either. The problem with articles like this is that you only get limtied info and sometimes it contains a slant.

We have no idea what the real deal is and why things turned out the way it did. Banks don't like losing customers, especially corporate customers with good credit and history. I find it difficult to believe that a high-profile bank would make a polticial statement that would hurt their standing among a great many customers or potential customers. It makes absolutely no business sense.

The problem is that people will read into stories like this whatever they want to see -- on both sides of the isle. I just read this and say--slow news day. If I was a fly on the wall during the meeting, I might have more to share. Other than that, nobody can say for sure.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Trust.......but verify

From SNOPES.............

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

From the McMillan Facebook page:

McMillan Group International · 7,157 like this
Thursday at 9:25pm ·
  • McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
    At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
    “That is correct” he says.
    I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
    “You have to do what you must” he said.
    “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
    Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
    Director of Operations
    McMillan Group International, LLC
    623-582-9635
    www.mcmillanusa.com

Old 04-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Well, Snopes is about as reliable a news source as the National Enquirer. It's basically a gossip rag for politcially minded individuals. The truth is, it is hard today to get the real news today without Liberal or Conservtive bias or hysteria. Most media outlets today pander to one side or the other and that is how they thrive. If news outlets just reported, nobody would watch. People sign in to hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest. All media outlets know how to push the right buttons with their readership. 90% of 'news' is polticial commentary disguised as objective reporting. This applies to msot of the major outlets like CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC etc...

To quote Shakespeare, todays media is "..a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signfiying nothing."