Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Best Laser option XDM 3.8 9mm

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Best Laser option XDM 3.8 9mm

What is the best laser option for the XDM 3.8 9mm? I want something rechargeable (if worth it) and very compact. I'd still like to have my flash light on the rail right now.

So what are you guys running? Pic's, links, experiences etc anything is cool
Old 04-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Some advice. Take the money you would spend on a laser and buy ammo.... Then just shoot and improve on fundamentals. You will then see a shot placed with an aimed laser is only as good as the person shooting it. If you have an unsteady site picture with irons, you will have one as well with a laser. Add to that trigger slap and poor follow through and you'll be all over the place. Not talking you out of a laser just my $.02
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Some advice. Take the money you would spend on a laser and buy ammo.... Then just shoot and improve on fundamentals. You will then see a shot placed with an aimed laser is only as good as the person shooting it. If you has an unsteady site picture with irons, you will have one as well with a laser. Add to that trigger slap and poor follow through and you'll be all over the place. Not talking you out of a laser just my $.02
I 99% agree

Although I'm dead set on adding a damn laser to it and and my pistol skills are defiantly up to par

(went to the range today and had fun with a buddies new toy)
Old 04-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I agree 100%

get a green blinking one if ur serious
Cost more then the gun...
Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
Quote:
hmmm, sorry.

I didnt do very much research at all because I cannot get on the laser bandwagon. I just remember hearing the green was more apt to catch the human eye, and the blinking also caught the eye faster for quick acquisition.

then again, when SHTF, I cant say id look for any blinking light. If I need to use it, Id bet its close enough to front sight it.
I just want it for when I'm tooling around in the woods shooting at shit
Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
If you've got some cash to spend and want something really compact ( like completely unnoticable from the outside of the gun ) check into lasermax. They're made a few blocks from me and have been around awhile. In a quick look at their site they don't offer one in the guide rod but a slim mount for the rail with a rail on the laser for a light.

http://www.lasermax.com/
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
If you've got some cash to spend and want something really compact ( like completely unnoticable from the outside of the gun ) check into lasermax. They're made a few blocks from me and have been around awhile. In a quick look at their site they don't offer one in the guide rod but a slim mount for the rail with a rail on the laser for a light.

http://www.lasermax.com/
http://www.amazon.com/LaserMax-Uni-M.../dp/B000TTVDG2

yeah i was looking at this but shoot thats a lot of cash!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
+1

Buy cheap, buy twice.

And I'm with all of the above.
I put a laser on my XD and took it off after a couple of months.
Added weight in the wrong place, another maintenance issue to worry about, a nice "shoot here" light presented to the BGs...
Same with tactical light on a handgun...

A handgun is a tool. A flashlight is a tool.
They may be used differently.
The light on the gun is a particular issue for a couple of reasons.
1 - Safety rule #1, don't aim at anything you don't intend to shoot.
Okay, your flashlight is on your gun and that "bump in the night" was not a threat, but still something you need to deal with.
2 - LE are trained to hold the flashlight up and away from their head.
BG shoots the light source and he's high and left.. worst case, he shoots the hand/arm holding the light.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have zero lights/lasers on ANY of my weapons....None of them are "pretty" either. They have a job to do, and part of that job entails being subdued "no glint", no lights, no lasers, nothing bulky to snag, slanted snag resistant night sites (makes grabbing the gun off the table at night quick and easy without ever using a light), and in the glocks' case nothing but factory parts minus the sites are used.
Yup.
My 357 is my "pretty" gun, and I might get a pretty 1911.

My workhorses are the G26, XD9, and RIA 1911 Tactical.
Pretty grips on the 1911, but I actually dumped the ambi safety in favor of the smaller Colt GI safety. I also dumped the FLGR and went to a GI GR and plug. The new Springfield RO is basically what I built.
I like the short guide rod because of I'm disabled, I can rack the slide on the edge of a table... can't do that with a full length.
I don't need the ambi safety, and it's just another snag point.
I DO like the beavertail... I don't like hammer bite

XD9 went through the "mall ninja" evolution, but it's back to stock now except for the grip tape.

The G26 has an extended slide release and extended takedown pin, but other than that, just the Trijicon sights.
Quote:
show ur friends ur lights, lasers, and shiny guns................show the bad guys your ugly one.
Plus 10,000... especially since if you have to fire, it's going to be locked up in an evidence locker for anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of years and when you get it back it is not going to look like it did when you handed it to the cop.

Products Discussed in this Thread