Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Old Model Marlin 80

Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #21
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
cool. Im gonna try and get it all cleaned and back to its original functioning condition
Old 12-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
cool. Im gonna try and get it all cleaned and back to its original functioning condition
post pics after the resto bro!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #23
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i plan on doing that
Old 12-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #24
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Am late in posting this but will throw my two cents in.
Just finished a few Reising's but they did not want them re-blued. I used 0000 steel wool and a gal of WD-40, made sure the metal and wool was soaked and went over it a few times, since the finish was about gone no biggie. Also hit the wood, in the pistol area and cheek area to get years of grime off.
Check the metal for heavy pitting, if to bad only a buff will remove. Check the bore if you want to fire it again, I know in most cases old .22's the bores are shot, from years of great service, only a sleeve can fix this problem. For I piece that was handed down in the family......for me, clean it up, and sit back and think of all the fond memories it had.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #25

yeah i guess, bu ti was wanting to pass it down to the next generation in my family when i can. and i would like for t to be functional. My buddy also recently inhereited a 1913 Winchester leveraction .22 from his father. and i would like to pass my .22 down as well.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #26
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Since it is a .22, I highly recommend de-leading the barrel. I can't remember the product name at this moment. Simply run a soaked cloth through the barrel a few times. Then plug a wet cloth in one end and a saturated one in the other. Stand it up in the corner with the saturated cloth up for a couple of days. This will allow the de-leading chemical to run down the barrel and absorb into the bottom cloth. The fumes then fill the barrel and remove further lead. Take care of the rust first though. Good Luck!!

EDIT: Here it is. Highly recommended!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #27

thanks. where can i get this stuff
Old 12-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #28
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
You should be to get it where ever gun cleaning supplies are sold.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #29

allright, well i got the gun all cleaned up ( except for the outside of the barrel) and I ran about 50 rounds through it. for an old bolt action it did surprisingly well at 50 yds. my spread was pretty well close together. and that was with iron sights