1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Time for a new bow sight, what do you guys recommend?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by hookedontronics, May 2, 2012.

1. May 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I've been looking around for a new bow sight lately. I was looking for a single pin adjustable with a 4x/6x lens but yesterday I stumbled upon a 5 pin Axcel armortech HD pro witht he fine tuning adjustments and i'm really liking it. I can also put a lens in this sight which i really like as well.

I was just wondering what you guys are using for sights and what you'd recommend. I shoot 3D, and tournamanet(BHFS class)

2. May 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    AK2NM

AK2NM Active Member

Member:
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF ROAD, DCLB
    I personally have used nothing but Spott Hogg sights for many years..I mostly hunt but have used them in many local 3d shoots as well. They do have optics for them also..Just my opinion..

3. May 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    if you shoot bow hunter free style the sight can not be moveable (so single pin is not good for 3d) and you can not use a lens.

with that said, i have always been a spot hogg fan but i just ordered the axcel amour tech vision pro in a 5 pin it should be here next week. from the guys i know that have them they all love them and i think the pin ajustment is a little better then spot hoggs pin ajustment.
    i hope that helps, by the way i shoot BHFS also for both indoor (vegas and NFPA) and outdoor

4. May 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    ^ Yeah i starting looking for a single pin and figured i'd just move up in class. I'm shooting in the 430s/450 vegas league now so i figured it's time. Then i cam across the armortech and i like how it's got the fine tuning adjustments and a can use a lens (which i don't think you can use for bhfs, i need ot check). The lens isn't an issue because i'll just pull it out if i need to but right now i'm shooting in a club vs club league with no restrictions so it doesn't matter for the time being. maybe for the winter leage i'll get a single pin and shoot FS but for right now i am liking this sight for 3d and hunting.

5. May 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    like i said i am going to try the armourtech, i have been on spot hoggs pro staff for 5 years. i am not this year so it will be nice to try something else. i still do love spot hogg sights i hunt with a hogg it 7 pin, but i think the pin adjustment on the amourtech is a little better!

6. May 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    spot hogg for me. i shoot a 7-pin "hunter hogg-it". i only hunt with my bow and find the sight is indestructible. with wraps my sight is 7 brightly glowing orbs of confidence for me. i love the 3rd axis adjustment, i love the wraps, i love the wire that runs down the middle. aiming between pins is a no brainer as far as windage. i just set the wire on the target. it really helps me.

7. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    ethanfoy

ethanfoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ethan
    Little Rock AFB
    Vehicle:
    99 toyota tacoma xcab 4x4
    I have a spot hogg SD7 I like it a lot

8. Jun 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    sportsterchop200

sportsterchop200 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Georgia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    OME 881, Bilstein 5100 @ 0", OME 10mm JK spacer, Stock rear on 265/70-16
    Copper John makes a nice single pin.

9. Jun 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Loving my axcel armortech hd 5 pin. Adjustments are easy as pie....and the pins are good and bright. It doesnt come with a light......not really needed anyway.....but the universal tru-glo fits good. Also.......you can screw a hood into the back for glare reduction. Love the micro adjustments of each pin too. Its spendy as hell......but worth it.

Products Discussed in

To Top