Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Time for a new bow sight, what do you guys recommend?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Time for a new bow sight, what do you guys recommend?

I've been looking around for a new bow sight lately. I was looking for a single pin adjustable with a 4x/6x lens but yesterday I stumbled upon a 5 pin Axcel armortech HD pro witht he fine tuning adjustments and i'm really liking it. I can also put a lens in this sight which i really like as well.

I was just wondering what you guys are using for sights and what you'd recommend. I shoot 3D, and tournamanet(BHFS class)
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
AK2NM is on a distinguished road

AK2NM's Tacoma Gallery
I personally have used nothing but Spott Hogg sights for many years..I mostly hunt but have used them in many local 3d shoots as well. They do have optics for them also..Just my opinion..
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
if you shoot bow hunter free style the sight can not be moveable (so single pin is not good for 3d) and you can not use a lens.

with that said, i have always been a spot hogg fan but i just ordered the axcel amour tech vision pro in a 5 pin it should be here next week. from the guys i know that have them they all love them and i think the pin ajustment is a little better then spot hoggs pin ajustment.
i hope that helps, by the way i shoot BHFS also for both indoor (vegas and NFPA) and outdoor
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yeah i starting looking for a single pin and figured i'd just move up in class. I'm shooting in the 430s/450 vegas league now so i figured it's time. Then i cam across the armortech and i like how it's got the fine tuning adjustments and a can use a lens (which i don't think you can use for bhfs, i need ot check). The lens isn't an issue because i'll just pull it out if i need to but right now i'm shooting in a club vs club league with no restrictions so it doesn't matter for the time being. maybe for the winter leage i'll get a single pin and shoot FS but for right now i am liking this sight for 3d and hunting.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
like i said i am going to try the armourtech, i have been on spot hoggs pro staff for 5 years. i am not this year so it will be nice to try something else. i still do love spot hogg sights i hunt with a hogg it 7 pin, but i think the pin adjustment on the amourtech is a little better!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
spot hogg for me. i shoot a 7-pin "hunter hogg-it". i only hunt with my bow and find the sight is indestructible. with wraps my sight is 7 brightly glowing orbs of confidence for me. i love the 3rd axis adjustment, i love the wraps, i love the wire that runs down the middle. aiming between pins is a no brainer as far as windage. i just set the wire on the target. it really helps me.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spot hogg SD7 I like it a lot
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Copper John makes a nice single pin.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Loving my axcel armortech hd 5 pin. Adjustments are easy as pie....and the pins are good and bright. It doesnt come with a light......not really needed anyway.....but the universal tru-glo fits good. Also.......you can screw a hood into the back for glare reduction. Love the micro adjustments of each pin too. Its spendy as hell......but worth it.