LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

USPS will lose anything, even a handgun.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
USPS will lose anything, even a handgun.

Yes, you read that correctly, the damned Post Office in PA apparently "cannot locate" a package dropped off by an FFL which contained a Sig P238 I bought on AuctionArms last week.

The gun should have been delivered on Wednesday but never showed up. When I tried to track the package using the label number they gave me, it never showed any movement and looked like a label had been printed but was never scanned by the PO. I called the out of state FFL to kick their ass in to gear thinking they had simply not shipped it yet... Well turns out they had shipped it and didn't know what was going on, so they called USPS to find out. USPS supposedly replied, that "they could not ship the package because it was a UPS box with a USPS label on it". I don't know what the hell difference that makes but ok, whatever. That was Wednesday.

Two more days go by and I still have not heard anything, so I email the FFL, who again calls USPS, who says "the status of the package is unknown, we are currently attempting to locate the package. Once it is recovered, it will be returned to sender". Sweet baby Jesus. What kind of retard looses a package containing a firearm? Ok, again, whatever, there's nothing I can do but wait, but I decide to politely ask the FFL if they'd mind overnighting the package as soon as they get it back for the inconvenience, considering they've had my money for a week and I have nothing to show for it. Their response was, and I quote,

"Sir,
The UPS messed it up, we had the correct address on it. Sorry,
SSC"

Meaning fuck you, we're going to continue to ship it the same shitty way we were before regardless of how politely you ask. Well, I sorta get it, considering it's not (entirely) their fault (although they are the ones who apparently packaged it incorrectly), but regardless of who's to blame, you'd think you'd try your best to make it right with your customer, but not these guys (Sportsmans Supply Company out of Butler, PA for whatever it's worth).

Anyways, I'm just venting because (on top of just not knowing where the hell my $500 went) I was hoping to get this thing and run a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in for my girlfriend to carry and shoot with on a trip we're taking this weekend, but clearly that isn't going to happen now
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
That sucks man, and you'd think they'd be even more concerned with losing it due to the contents...
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks dude :/ good choice on the p238 tho!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
That sounds like ups mistake not the ffl. Do you have insurance on it?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
This is what happened to your package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sObM9p9mQ
Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
^I honestly think I have recieved packages from him!
I think we all have. USPS even left a package containing Christmas presents under the back bumper of my truck parked in a driveway one year instead of taking it 15 extra feet to the front porch. Luckily I have this OCD compulsion to walk around my truck once before I get in and drive away otherwise I would've run the shit over
Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I think we all have. USPS even left a package containing Christmas presents under the back bumper of my truck parked in a driveway one year instead of taking it 15 extra feet to the front porch. Luckily I have this OCD compulsion to walk around my truck once before I get in and drive away otherwise I would've run the shit over
Dude i'd have ran that shit over for sure, I never walk around my truck lol.

At least they didn't lob your $900 rear bumper over the back wall of your fence (fortunately missing the two dogs). Not USPS but UPS... bastards.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not USPS but some people I used to know worked at UPS and they used to steal all the time. Yeah they got fired. Damn losers.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
When I did te Tacoma world tshirts USPS lost approximately 21-24 of my packages...
I usually use ups from now. Unless I'm broke and the flat rate box is the best deal to ship.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got an email from the FFL, the Post Office returned the package containing my pistol to them today. That's the good news - at least know where it is.

However, rather than re-packaging it and getting it sent back out same-day, the stupid fuckers told me "the mail man was in and out in a hurry [no shit, really?] so your package will be picked up for re-shipment tomorrow". Seriously? No apologies? No offer to overnight it? No offer to refund the shipping cost? Nothing? They couldn't even go out of their way to drop it off at the PO this afternoon in time for it to be accepted today for mailing tomorrow? My time and money means absolutely nothing to these idiots apparently. This is by far the worst FFL I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Ive had shit lost by the usps..i never ship with them anymore..glad to hear they at least know where your weapon is
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not USPS but some people I used to know worked at UPS and they used to steal all the time. Yeah they got fired. Damn losers.
This was my first thought, some fucker stole it, then fixed the shipping to hide. Don't think it don't happen.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
This was my first thought, some fucker stole it, then fixed the shipping to hide. Don't think it don't happen.
As a 22 year employee of FedEx, I agree that things do get lost or stolen. The bad thing about the thieves is that 9 times out of 10, they only thing that happens to them is that they get fired. They are rarely prosecuted.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Well I got an email from the FFL, the Post Office returned the package containing my pistol to them today. That's the good news - at least know where it is.

However, rather than re-packaging it and getting it sent back out same-day, the stupid fuckers told me "the mail man was in and out in a hurry [no shit, really?] so your package will be picked up for re-shipment tomorrow". Seriously? No apologies? No offer to overnight it? No offer to refund the shipping cost? Nothing? They couldn't even go out of their way to drop it off at the PO this afternoon in time for it to be accepted today for mailing tomorrow? My time and money means absolutely nothing to these idiots apparently. This is by far the worst FFL I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Better Business Bureau, maybe that'll make them reconsider their stance on customer service.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
You'd think there would be a pretty high security on items shipped throughout the country so they don't get lost or stolen, especially on weapons, rather than some twerp low-life that works for USPS stealing other people's rightful property, that still lives in his mothers basement and yells for his mom to get him another Dr. Pepper.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
You'd think there would be a pretty high security on items shipped throughout the country so they don't get lost or stolen, especially on weapons, rather than some twerp low-life that works for USPS stealing other people's rightful property, that still lives in his mothers basement and yells for his mom to get him another Dr. Pepper.
What's wrong with that?