Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

good scope for a survival rifle. 10/22 takedown model.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
good scope for a survival rifle. 10/22 takedown model.

whats a good scope for the 10/22 takedown model? i would like to use a QD scope mount which i already found. i want to spend less than $150

thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the fact that you're probably looking for compact dimensions and clear glass without an insane amount of magnification, I can recommend the Sightron S1. Would be a great scope to sight in at 50 yds and forget about.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/147...-reticle-matte

There are a TON of options out there though, and $150 won't buy a top of the line scope, so you might want to list your priorities. Do you want max glass quality, or easy adjustment (turrets) or a specific magnification, or the lightest scope possible? Just some thoughts.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Considering the fact that you're probably looking for compact dimensions and clear glass without an insane amount of magnification, I can recommend the Sightron S1. Would be a great scope to sight in at 50 yds and forget about.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/147...-reticle-matte

There are a TON of options out there though, and $150 won't buy a top of the line scope, so you might want to list your priorities. Do you want max glass quality, or easy adjustment (turrets) or a specific magnification, or the lightest scope possible? Just some thoughts.
yeah, i know, i'm not expecting top of the line. it's only a 22lr. i am looking for something sort of compact that can reach up to 100 yards. thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Well, then I still vote the Sightron.

This fixed 4x would be a good choice too. For a takedown scope, it would be nice and compact. Plus fixed power = more durability, since there are fewer lenses to go through and fewer thins to break. Weaver glass is good too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/366...-reticle-matte

If you want to go cheap for a while, the Simmons 22 Mag line is OK for the $40 they cost. This one gets you an AO and turrets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/263...tte-with-rings
Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #5

thanks! you've been a big help.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend a bushnell elite 3200 10x fixed

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/950...-reticle-matte

it'll give you more vertical and horizontal adjustment out of it. Better optical clarity