Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Getting a new Sig P229

Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Getting a new Sig P229

Ordering this new gun soon.

SIG P229 E2 40SW 3.9" BLK 12RD w/ night sights.

Pretty excited about it.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I love Sig's.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Drooling....Change them grips.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
I carry one for work beautiful gun 40 cal, 9mm or 357?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Drooling....Change them grips.
suggestions?

I haven't handled this model enough to have an opinion yet.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I have a P226 and I really like the grips... but handle it for a while and make your own decision.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 AM   #9
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
It's a great gun. The E2 grips feel pretty good IMO. I bought one a few months ago and love it.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #10
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Just a heads up - the new E2 grips are different from the previous gen P229 grips. A different main spring and trigger bar spring are required to convert from the older grips to E2 grips...I don't know if the same is required to go from E2 back to the older style grips. Also you'll notice the E2 grips don't have grip screws. They wrap around and snap directly into the frame. The E2s have a smaller circumfrence and fit a wider range of shooters.

So...if you get new grips, I'd recommend you take off your current ones and make sure the frame is still threaded for the grip screws (it more than likely is). And, understand that its going to fatten up the grip. Try holding any P229 with grip screws and you'll feel it immediately.

I think the pic you posted has the non-E2 grips shown since I see grip screws.

Congrats on the purchase! I own a few Sigs and love them! Looking at getting a 220 Elite Stainless next
Old 05-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #11

Thanks. Yeah, I know the picture might not be exactly the same, but I do know the one I am getting has the E2 grips.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #12

Got the gun! Haven't had time to shoot it yet because I'm working all weekend.

You were correct in your observation about the grips. My E2 grips are a single, wrap around piece with no screws.

Love the feel of it. I don't think I'll need to make any modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Just a heads up - the new E2 grips are different from the previous gen P229 grips. A different main spring and trigger bar spring are required to convert from the older grips to E2 grips...I don't know if the same is required to go from E2 back to the older style grips. Also you'll notice the E2 grips don't have grip screws. They wrap around and snap directly into the frame. The E2s have a smaller circumfrence and fit a wider range of shooters.

So...if you get new grips, I'd recommend you take off your current ones and make sure the frame is still threaded for the grip screws (it more than likely is). And, understand that its going to fatten up the grip. Try holding any P229 with grip screws and you'll feel it immediately.

I think the pic you posted has the non-E2 grips shown since I see grip screws.

Congrats on the purchase! I own a few Sigs and love them! Looking at getting a 220 Elite Stainless next

Any holster recommendations?

I use the Blackhawk Serpa CQC paddle for my other .40, but it doesn't fit the Sig.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
Never LBS
Molon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SFC 11B40B4
Molon Labe's Tacoma Gallery
6spdtaco, You will love the Sig 229. Of all my guns, I shoot the best with and love to carry my 229 the most.
Looks like you are getting the single/double action. I recommend this action over the DAO and DAK but that is more user preference rather than any real advantage.
I am pretty brand loyal to Sig because of the reliability and quality of the product. That is coming from a 24 year Army vet and 13 year Police Officer.

I do not know you or your level of knowledge about firearms. So if any of this seems to be talking down to you, that is not my intention.

I guess I should mention that on duty I carry the S&W M&P 40 set up just like my 229 and I carry it in a Raven Concealment Holster. Off Duty I carry my 229.
BTW, I have found the S&W to be a great pistol as well, although it is still not better than the Sig 229 IMO.

The Sig 229 was the compact variant of the Sig 226 (used by more special operations forces than any other pistol and speaks loudly of reliability) which was based on the Sig 220 (as all proper sig pistols were) and has been fielded by numerous law enforcement agencies (FBI, CIA, DHS, Air Marshals, Police Depts. etc...) and widely used by the military (US, Swiss, Germany, UK, etc...) . Currently is is field by by the US military (Army and SOCOM as the M11 (actually the 228 but its the same gun), Coast Guard uses the DAK 229). It was originally designed 1984 to complement the Sig 228 (same gun but chambered in 9mm) and later replace it completely by offering it in 9mm. It was originally chambered in 40 S&W and 357 SIG (yes as in Sig Sauer). It is now available in 9mm, 40 S&W, 357 SIG, and 22LR. I own the 9mm but prefer the 40. As with a ton of Law Enforcement Agencies, Glock has stepped in and used voodoo BS to convince them that their product is better, its not, but many have gone to the Glock. To the buyers of used firearms, this is good news, it means that there are a ton of 226s, 228s, and 229, available. Note the 228 does not have a light rail. Although, I do believe the 228 was offered with a light rail in the last year of production in the US and for several years in Europe. I have never seen a 228 with a light rail. In the old days, people (me included) would get a 228 (9mm) and a 229L (40 S&W) and just put the 228 slide on the 229 to create a 228 with a light rail. (I know, we weren’t call gun nuts for nothing)

I digress,

Here are a few resources for you and some opinionated warnings; however, I encourage you to do your own research.

1.Magazines:
Buy from CDNN @ http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer.html
Only USE SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES OF MEC-GAR MAGAZINES (Mec-Gar actually makes the sig factory mags as well). I recommend a minimum of 6 mags per pistol. Stay away from Pro Mag magazines (stick to what I previously said). For everyday carry, flush fit mags are recommended. The extended mags are recommended for carry in the woods, combat, etc... and the range.

2. Lights: (this will affect holster decisions)
Everybody and their brother sells weapon lights now. You can get strobe, LEDs, incandescent, bla bla bla.
My thoughts on lights is this, if you have the ability to add one to the gun, then do so. More than 75% of all shooting take place in low light, either indoors during daylight hours or at night.
All that taken into consideration, you want a light that will illuminate out to 20 yards but is very effective at 15 yards or less. I have carried all the major brands of lights and found for everyday carry the Insight Tech X2LED (in the attach photos it is the light on my 229) to be very effective and practical.

NOTE: Insight Technologies is owned by L3 who also owns EOTech and I think the light is now sold as an EOTech light. There are three versions of this light, one that has an incandescent bulb, one with an LED (recommended) and one with the light and visible laser. The model number of the LED is MTV-700-A1 and you should be able to find it for $100-$150.00 on the internet. here is a link with information and specifications:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/insight-...lashlight.html
One of the other things I like about the X2 is that it does not protrude past the muzzle of the 229. It is a sub compact light.

3. Sights:
Night sights are highly recommended, Trijicon or Meprolight

4. Holsters:
So, you will need a holster for this weapon. If you are going to put a light on the 229 you will need a specific holster to carry it. There are tons of holster for the 229 without a light mounted. There are only a few for the weapon and light combo. There are even fewer for the weapon and a specific light. If you like leather then you may want to consider having a holster made to your specifications. As far as brands, I am partial to Aker Leather http://www.akerleather.com/

But if you go with the X2 light you may want to consider Kydex. I recommend Raven Concealment http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...atible-holster
Raven builds weapon and light specific holsters. The turn around is a couple of weeks depending on their volume, but the holsters are first rate and well worth the cost.

Another thing to consider before you order a holster is weather or not you will be getting a suppressor. this is because you will need a threaded barrel and the threaded barrel will be longer than a stock barrel. You will need to know this if you order a raven holster. BTW, you can always order the holster with the threaded barrel extension and never use it. The weapon will fit just fine in the holster with a stock barrel and it will not affect retention.

I carry my raven holster everyday on duty (I am a detective) and love it.

5. Grips:
I prefer a very aggressive grip. If you shoot a lot and desire accurate, repetitive, and fast shots, grip is in the top 4 fundamentals. I started using skate board tape back in the 90s because I could not find grips that were aggressive enough. Luckily, the Sig Sauer aluminum grips are very aggressive. I think they are manufactured by Hogue but I do not know if the Hogue grips sold by under the Hogue name are as aggressive as the ones sold by Sig.

6. Gun Smithing:
If you have a desire to learn more about the sig 229 there are a few DVDs available from Brownells and other weapon parts sellers that cover complete breakdown (scary for the novice at first, but a great way to learn). When I say complete, I mean complete breakdown.

Some drop in enhancements to improve function and accuracy
Wolf Springs http://www.gunsprings.com/
Steve Bedair http://guiderod.com/
Sig Sauer also sells a short trigger reset (you will need the DVD previously mentioned) but if you are buying the newest version of the 229 you may not need this or it may not even be an option. Not sure.

7. Resources:
Lastly, here are a few web sites for resourcing
Ar-15.com has a pistols section and a Sig spacific thread. Great site
http://www.ar15.com/index.html
The High Road has the same type of sections as Ar-15
http://www.thehighroad.org/
Sig Forum (a word of warning, great information here but the owner and many of the members are absolute asses IMO)
http://sigforum.com/
River of guns is a search engine that searches a lot of fire arms web sites
http://www.riverofguns.com/
The NRA
http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
Brownells (parts)
http://www.brownells.com/
Midway USA (parts)
http://www.midwayusa.com/
ATF forms (for suppressors etc...)
http://www.atf.gov/forms/firearms/
Ammon Man
http://www.ammoman.com/

8. Training:
Hands down, the best pistol firearms class you will ever take and it will change everything you thought you knew about shooting as well as how you shoot.
http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/index.php

Well, I said it would be opinionated. I hope you find this information helpful. Enjoy you Sig, lead therapy is the best form of therapy.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
I have a P229 9mm and I love it.. regular grip though when I send it to sig for service i'll prolly have them shorten the trigger reset and the e2 grip conversion.

Seriously though, I love all my sigs long time.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC2061 View Post
I carry one for work beautiful gun 40 cal, 9mm or 357?
... JPC 2061 ... Fantastic quote in your signature --> "It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."- Sun Tzu
Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
hillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
hillbillytoyo's Tacoma Gallery
I had 229 in 40 S&W for a couple years , I am really a Glock kinda guy but I have to say the Sig was probally the best shooting pistol I have ever shot (except for a custom made 1911 my dad had a couple years ago that ran about $2000). I carried it most of the time because I felt comfortable shooting it, but it was just to heavy for everyday concelment. A guy made me an offer I just couldn't refuse and I sold it. I don't regret selling because I actually made some money off of it but I plan on buying another one in the future.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
6spdtaco, You will love the Sig 229. Of all my guns, I shoot the best with and love to carry my 229 the most.
Looks like you are getting the single/double action. I recommend this action over the DAO and DAK but that is more user preference rather than any real advantage.
I am pretty brand loyal to Sig because of the reliability and quality of the product. That is coming from a 24 year Army vet and 13 year Police Officer.

I do not know you or your level of knowledge about firearms. So if any of this seems to be talking down to you, that is not my intention.

I guess I should mention that on duty I carry the S&W M&P 40 set up just like my 229 and I carry it in a Raven Concealment Holster. Off Duty I carry my 229.
BTW, I have found the S&W to be a great pistol as well, although it is still not better than the Sig 229 IMO.

The Sig 229 was the compact variant of the Sig 226 (used by more special operations forces than any other pistol and speaks loudly of reliability) which was based on the Sig 220 (as all proper sig pistols were) and has been fielded by numerous law enforcement agencies (FBI, CIA, DHS, Air Marshals, Police Depts. etc...) and widely used by the military (US, Swiss, Germany, UK, etc...) . Currently is is field by by the US military (Army and SOCOM as the M11 (actually the 228 but its the same gun), Coast Guard uses the DAK 229). It was originally designed 1984 to complement the Sig 228 (same gun but chambered in 9mm) and later replace it completely by offering it in 9mm. It was originally chambered in 40 S&W and 357 SIG (yes as in Sig Sauer). It is now available in 9mm, 40 S&W, 357 SIG, and 22LR. I own the 9mm but prefer the 40. As with a ton of Law Enforcement Agencies, Glock has stepped in and used voodoo BS to convince them that their product is better, its not, but many have gone to the Glock. To the buyers of used firearms, this is good news, it means that there are a ton of 226s, 228s, and 229, available. Note the 228 does not have a light rail. Although, I do believe the 228 was offered with a light rail in the last year of production in the US and for several years in Europe. I have never seen a 228 with a light rail. In the old days, people (me included) would get a 228 (9mm) and a 229L (40 S&W) and just put the 228 slide on the 229 to create a 228 with a light rail. (I know, we weren’t call gun nuts for nothing)

I digress,

Here are a few resources for you and some opinionated warnings; however, I encourage you to do your own research.

1.Magazines:
Buy from CDNN @ http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer.html
Only USE SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES OF MEC-GAR MAGAZINES (Mec-Gar actually makes the sig factory mags as well). I recommend a minimum of 6 mags per pistol. Stay away from Pro Mag magazines (stick to what I previously said). For everyday carry, flush fit mags are recommended. The extended mags are recommended for carry in the woods, combat, etc... and the range.

2. Lights: (this will affect holster decisions)
Everybody and their brother sells weapon lights now. You can get strobe, LEDs, incandescent, bla bla bla.
My thoughts on lights is this, if you have the ability to add one to the gun, then do so. More than 75% of all shooting take place in low light, either indoors during daylight hours or at night.
All that taken into consideration, you want a light that will illuminate out to 20 yards but is very effective at 15 yards or less. I have carried all the major brands of lights and found for everyday carry the Insight Tech X2LED (in the attach photos it is the light on my 229) to be very effective and practical.

NOTE: Insight Technologies is owned by L3 who also owns EOTech and I think the light is now sold as an EOTech light. There are three versions of this light, one that has an incandescent bulb, one with an LED (recommended) and one with the light and visible laser. The model number of the LED is MTV-700-A1 and you should be able to find it for $100-$150.00 on the internet. here is a link with information and specifications:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/insight-...lashlight.html
One of the other things I like about the X2 is that it does not protrude past the muzzle of the 229. It is a sub compact light.

3. Sights:
Night sights are highly recommended, Trijicon or Meprolight

4. Holsters:
So, you will need a holster for this weapon. If you are going to put a light on the 229 you will need a specific holster to carry it. There are tons of holster for the 229 without a light mounted. There are only a few for the weapon and light combo. There are even fewer for the weapon and a specific light. If you like leather then you may want to consider having a holster made to your specifications. As far as brands, I am partial to Aker Leather http://www.akerleather.com/

But if you go with the X2 light you may want to consider Kydex. I recommend Raven Concealment http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...atible-holster
Raven builds weapon and light specific holsters. The turn around is a couple of weeks depending on their volume, but the holsters are first rate and well worth the cost.

Another thing to consider before you order a holster is weather or not you will be getting a suppressor. this is because you will need a threaded barrel and the threaded barrel will be longer than a stock barrel. You will need to know this if you order a raven holster. BTW, you can always order the holster with the threaded barrel extension and never use it. The weapon will fit just fine in the holster with a stock barrel and it will not affect retention.

I carry my raven holster everyday on duty (I am a detective) and love it.

5. Grips:
I prefer a very aggressive grip. If you shoot a lot and desire accurate, repetitive, and fast shots, grip is in the top 4 fundamentals. I started using skate board tape back in the 90s because I could not find grips that were aggressive enough. Luckily, the Sig Sauer aluminum grips are very aggressive. I think they are manufactured by Hogue but I do not know if the Hogue grips sold by under the Hogue name are as aggressive as the ones sold by Sig.

6. Gun Smithing:
If you have a desire to learn more about the sig 229 there are a few DVDs available from Brownells and other weapon parts sellers that cover complete breakdown (scary for the novice at first, but a great way to learn). When I say complete, I mean complete breakdown.

Sig Sauer also sells a short trigger reset (you will need the DVD previously mentioned) but if you are buying the newest version of the 229 you may not need this or it may not even be an option. Not sure.

7. Resources:
Lastly, here are a few web sites for resourcing
Ar-15.com has a pistols section and a Sig spacific thread. Great site
http://www.ar15.com/index.html
The High Road has the same type of sections as Ar-15
http://www.thehighroad.org/
Sig Forum (a word of warning, great information here but the owner and many of the members are absolute asses IMO)
http://sigforum.com/
River of guns is a search engine that searches a lot of fire arms web sites
http://www.riverofguns.com/
The NRA
http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
Brownells (parts)
http://www.brownells.com/
Midway USA (parts)
http://www.midwayusa.com/
ATF forms (for suppressors etc...)
http://www.atf.gov/forms/firearms/
Ammon Man
http://www.ammoman.com/

8. Training:
Hands down, the best pistol firearms class you will ever take and it will change everything you thought you knew about shooting as well as how you shoot.
http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/index.php

Well, I said it would be opinionated. I hope you find this information helpful. Enjoy you Sig, lead therapy is the best form of therapy.

Excellent info!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I have it's big brother (P226 MK25) and once I get the funds together I'll be getting it's new baby brother (P224)
Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!! love to hear what you think of it.

i have an older 226 and it is my most accurate pistol in my hands. if i werent so aggressively saving up money..i'd buy a new one, prob a 229.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Can you (or anyone) go over in more detail how aftermarket springs and guide rods help improve the firearm?