Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

anyone own a savage mark II f .22?

Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #21
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
ever shoot a ruger 10/22? feels like a kid's toy in most adults hands. but you know what? the rifle still rocks!!

this thread got me in trouble with the wife .. i asked her to get me this for my birthday. haha. bottomline..shooting beer cans is good fun. .22? cheap good fun. my friend has one, and his is super accurate. i want this one. my friends farm has a rodent problem!

http://www.basspro.com/Savage-Mark-I...10218514/80485

yes i have 2 10/22's their stocks feel better than the savage's 22lr stocks. i wish there was a way i could show you in person what i mean. it would be the only way.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
but but but....you're polymerhead
How true...
Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
ok guys so this thread has been dead for a while. got super busy with work but made some money and finally said fuck it and went down to the gun shop. looked at a stainless mark II with a heavy barrel and messed with it. felt comfy but the clips were a bitch to get out. so i took a look at the synthetic 10/22. and fell in love with everything about it. only problem was that when i brought it home and put the scope base on it the sights were super off to the right. broke it down loosened the v block straightened everything out and tightened it back up, perfect. might be going to the dez this next weekend to beat on the taco some more and sight the scope in. gotta put at least a brick through it. pic on the way
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #25
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Congrats! First thing I would do is slap the guy who sold you those rings. You might consider drifting out the rear sight if it's in the way and buying some lower rings. It'll help.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #26
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

the rings arent staying on they came off my marlin and are the see thru just threw it onto see how it would look but it does sit way high and cant see the iron sights with that base
Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #27

Bedding mine today, to its Boyd's Tacticool stock. Stock fit is really good, so all I'm doing is bedding about an inch in front of the front action screw. We'll see if it helps. I think I'm also going to try Lapua Center-X for our next rimfire F-class match.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #28
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
I have a savage. 17 and its awesome i can hit a tac head at 50 yards every time..my. .22 is a ruger only because i wanted a semi auto one
Old 07-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #29
762NateOh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
762NateOh's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a Savage MKII FV-SR about a year ago. Awesome rifle, great trigger, the stock felt a little flimsy so I put the boyds tacticool stock on it and now its probably the best .22 in the safe - at least the most fun.

They coulda done better with the mags, they seem a bit cheap and getting them out isn't as easy as it could be. Also the bluing is a little rough.
But for what I paid, and what it can do - I'm more than happy.

This pic was with the original stock.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #30

yeah mags take a bit of force to pull only thing i hated about it
Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #31
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a forum to complement your new purchase. Have fun with it! .22LR is a fun round if you have a gun that can shoot straight, and Savages tend to do well especially with Wolf MT ammo (although my Mark I was a failure at life with its defective barrel's 6" spreads at 25 yds, it's been retired and replaced with a ceska zbrojovka UL)

RFC-Savage
Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #33
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
i actually got a ruger 10/22
My dads got a ruger 10/22 I was out shooting today. Its grey and the gun comes apart right in the middle. Semiauto. I have a savage 270 bolt action and love it. I think if I were to buy a .22 rifle, I would definitely get semi auto, only because cocked the bolt after every single shot would get old fast. If I have a .22 I plan on putting a ton of rounds through it pretty quick.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I think if I were to buy a .22 rifle, I would definitely get semi auto, only because cocked the bolt after every single shot would get old fast. If I have a .22 I plan on putting a ton of rounds through it pretty quick.
I'm the exact opposite - loading mags and plinking cans gets old fast. Stretch that .22 out to 100 yards and shoot against a bunch of Hi-Power and F-Class shooters...it gets serious quick.