Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

looking for a good overhead gun rack

Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered this one....

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Sky-Racks-...7229118&sr=8-1

The telescoping arms that fit into the sides are what attracted me - so no drilling. It is a universal mount so it should work well with any number of rifles I may want to put in it. Also, it is one of the few rifle racks for civilian use. I have an access cab and plan to put it as far back on the roof mount as possible. I expect it to be here the 22nd (of May). I did a lot of looking around - suction cups, rear window mounts, floor mount and even talked to someone about a custom build but this looks like it will work --- I hope!! Not a lot of threads (anywhere) about rifle racks in our trucks!!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
FrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant futureFrankieG has a brilliant future

Name: Frank
FrankieG's Tacoma Gallery
Fish and Game officers

I am in the same boat as you. I seen an episode of Wild Justice. The warden had seething that looked like a cargo net that was bad ass. The ones that Velcro behind the seats is ok bit I don't like the scope being knocked around so I lay it on the seat or on the front in case something crosses on front of me then it's quick access.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma roof is NOT "double skinned". I know because I cut a 3/4" hole in it to mount my HAM radio antenna.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
santa cruz gun racks are the best. you can get them to be locked/unlocked with a key, handcuff key and electronically by switch or button. the SC-5 lock in my experience will accept the most styles of rifles.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
As my investigation was a very ponderous effort.
Yeah, you win the prize for destructive testing.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
that santa cruz sight is awsome
sometimes you can find them sold cheap on ebay after they were pulled out of retired police vehicles.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Toyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Devin
Toyotamudbogs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
anybody know of a good quality overhead gun rack ?

This is a old thread I know but did you ever get your rack in ?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
Toyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Devin
Toyotamudbogs's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.autoanything.com/travel-acc...rhead-gun-rack

I found this one. Haven't looked on tube yet to see how the install goes . But I did decide this is what I will be getting for my 06 DC
Old 05-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 09' Double Cab and Big Sky Racks told me that I couldnt mount it behind the dome light or it would interfere with the side curtain airbags. Could just remove them I guess, but I didnt want it that bad. I tend to carry guns between the front seat and center arm rest/cubby. Holds them well and i can pull them quick; they are wearing a a spot on both my passenger and driver seat where they rub though.