Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

QAD Ultrarest hd or hdx

Old 05-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
QAD Ultrarest hd or hdx

Anyone got experience with either on your bow? Been shooting a biscuit since ive been bow hunting....but wanna switch to a fall away. Looked at the vapor trail limb driver pro v......but after looking.......to me anyways, too much can go wrong with it. The QAD has some awesome reviews and a few others i know that shoot with thwm like them alot.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
I have the QAD rest and I like it, its quiet, and even though its a mechanical piece its never let me down, but unlike the biscuit when you knock your arrow and walk around you would have to put your pointing finger over the arrow to keep it from jumping around inside the frame. also when setting up the rest you have to make sure that when your at full draw your fork on the rest is all the way back, if its not, the rest wont release the fork down and your arrow will force the fork down thus damaging the rest.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i came from a ripcord. i now have a QAD. both kick arse. i love how my QAD stays up when i let down.

first time out of the box, i was getting some kinda contact. i think the shaft rode on the arm..i changed it out to the supplied TL1 low profile one and it is excellent.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had seen some folks having some contact problems that were remedied pretty easy. I like the simplicity of the biscuit......but it tears vanes up too easy. May try out some of the outer limits archery bloodvanes sometime soon as well. Im using a few of the nap quickfletch now...they are ok,but like doing weirx stuff out past 25 yards.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
my arrows are fletched with FFP 360 vanes. i think they are 3" and are much lower profile than blazers.

check them out. i love them. good luck.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been shooting the Biscuit for years. My friends are shooting the QAD drop away so I'm giving one a try. Picked up the HD Bone Collecter on sale at Bass Pro today for $99, originally $149 or $159. I figure I'll give it a try & see if it's as good as reviews & my friends are saying. I'm putting it on after work tonight & let some arrows fly.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been shooting the Biscuit for years. My friends are shooting the QAD drop away so I'm giving one a try. Picked up the HD Bone Collecter on sale at Bass Pro today for $99, originally $149 or $159. I figure I'll give it a try & see if it's as good as reviews & my friends are saying. I'm putting it on after work tonight & let some arrows fly.
lemme know how you like it.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
my arrows are fletched with FFP 360 vanes. i think they are 3" and are much lower profile than blazers.

check them out. i love them. good luck.
im shooting victory v-force arrows with 2 inch blazer vanes. i like how the blazers work out....and when i get the QUA...hopefully tomorrow, i'll see and hopefully there wont be any clearance issues.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
i may as well save you guys some headache. to prevent vane contact, the instructions say to mount the rest's attachment to the bus cable, greater than 3" from the level of the arrow. go five inches. most guys mount it down near the level of the bottom of their grips. this way the rest come up in the last 1-2 inches of draw, and will drop much faster.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #10

Just shot mine 4 times in the dark at 25yrds. All 4 arrows were touching. It was too dark to see the flight of my arrows tonight so I'm not sure how true they are flying. Hopefully I can shoot again in the daylight tomorrow & check arrow flight. Plus shoot at greater distances to see how it groups.

My little boy plays travel ball so my weekends are at the ball field.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #11

Ended up with the qad ultra hdx........and its perfect. Also ended up with an axcel armortech hd sight. Still sighting it in.....but the micro adjust pins are nice as hell. Also got a mathews web quiver and a dozen new victory v-force arrows. Come on September.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #12

I was able to shoot a little in the daylight. My arrows fly perfect & the QAD is really nice. I wish I would have made the switch sooner. Originally my pins were 20, 30 & 40 yards. I picked up just enough speed I can shoot one pin to 30 yards now. Now my pins are 30, 40 & 50. This is my first time to have a 50 yard pin, I like it. Only got to shoot 15 arrows at 50 yards & was still grouping inside a 5" circle. I'm really liking this rest. Hopefully by deer season I'll be shooting a 3" group at 50 yards.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
you try to shoot a broadhead yet?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #14

Not yet.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
I was able to shoot a little in the daylight. My arrows fly perfect & the QAD is really nice. I wish I would have made the switch sooner. Originally my pins were 20, 30 & 40 yards. I picked up just enough speed I can shoot one pin to 30 yards now. Now my pins are 30, 40 & 50. This is my first time to have a 50 yard pin, I like it. Only got to shoot 15 arrows at 50 yards & was still grouping inside a 5" circle. I'm really liking this rest. Hopefully by deer season I'll be shooting a 3" group at 50 yards.
Still working on my grouping at 40 and 50.........i gotta start workin out my shoulder. Bad rotator cuff sucks.