1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

scope issue?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 808Raider, May 18, 2012.

1. May 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    808Raider

808Raider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawai'i
    i got one of those savage axis xp rifle package that comes with the mounted cheap bushnell scope. went hunting yesterday and it looked fine looking through the glass, normal crosshairs just like a cross +, (my shooting is another issue). last night after hunting i cleaned the rifle, did nothing to the scope except wiped it gently with a rag to get the dust off and wiped the lens with one of those lens cleaner clothes since it got dusty too. go to the range today too shoot some more and look through the scope and now its an x not a +. really confused me. i never dropped the rifle. the scope is mounted really tight with loctite and never moved. i have a hard case that is secure and i use to transport all my firearms so i dont think it got banged around going to the range or anything. only the crosshairs moved. wondering if any of you guys have any insight into a problem like this. guessing the lens with the crosshairs inside of the scope somehow broke or got moved. probably going to call bushnell and see what they say, and of course shell out some dough for a better scope. thanks

2. May 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    F75gunslinger

F75gunslinger Ka like a wheel

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rochester,NY
    Vehicle:
    SWB '10 Doublecab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cluster and Radio LED swap,Westin bull bar,2nd set of bed tie downs,URD SS,K&N filter,weathertechs
    I don't have an answer about your scope,but I can suggest a replacement.I have 3 different Nikon scopes on different guns. i've got a 3-9x40 prostaff on my .270,a 6.5-20x44 Monarch on my .223 and a 2x EER on my .44 mag. Not one issue with any of those guns losing zero and no other issues with the scopes. My $.02.

3. May 18, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I also vote for Nikon, I am using one on my Rem 700 sps tactical .308. Great rifle and scope combo.

4. May 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i bet the reticle broke or slipped. consider yourself lucky because it didnt happen when your dream animal stepped out from behind that bush.

dump it. buy a better scope.

Products Discussed in

To Top