Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

scope issue?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
State of Mind
808Raider is on a distinguished road

808Raider's Tacoma Gallery
scope issue?

i got one of those savage axis xp rifle package that comes with the mounted cheap bushnell scope. went hunting yesterday and it looked fine looking through the glass, normal crosshairs just like a cross +, (my shooting is another issue). last night after hunting i cleaned the rifle, did nothing to the scope except wiped it gently with a rag to get the dust off and wiped the lens with one of those lens cleaner clothes since it got dusty too. go to the range today too shoot some more and look through the scope and now its an x not a +. really confused me. i never dropped the rifle. the scope is mounted really tight with loctite and never moved. i have a hard case that is secure and i use to transport all my firearms so i dont think it got banged around going to the range or anything. only the crosshairs moved. wondering if any of you guys have any insight into a problem like this. guessing the lens with the crosshairs inside of the scope somehow broke or got moved. probably going to call bushnell and see what they say, and of course shell out some dough for a better scope. thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have an answer about your scope,but I can suggest a replacement.I have 3 different Nikon scopes on different guns. i've got a 3-9x40 prostaff on my .270,a 6.5-20x44 Monarch on my .223 and a 2x EER on my .44 mag. Not one issue with any of those guns losing zero and no other issues with the scopes. My $.02.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I also vote for Nikon, I am using one on my Rem 700 sps tactical .308. Great rifle and scope combo.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i bet the reticle broke or slipped. consider yourself lucky because it didnt happen when your dream animal stepped out from behind that bush.

dump it. buy a better scope.