Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

10/22, Volquartsen vs. KIDD

View Poll Results: what's a good aftermarket product brand for the Ruger 10/22?
Volquartsen 8 66.67%
KIDD 4 33.33%
Other, please name and explain. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
this barrel is exactly what i want
Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Good luck.
what do you mean by good luck? does that mean it's that difficult to do?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #23
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
I think he means that your goal to shoot under a 1" group at 100 yds is a stretch. You may get 2" or so if conditions are right but it mostly falls on the shooter, not the gun. Trigger control is key. If I was to build another one, I would focous soley on the trigger. The factory barell will usually shoot tighter than an average person can anyway. And as mentioned previously NEVER USE A DREMEL ON YOUR TRIGGER PARTS to remove material, they remove material to fast. If you don't have stones or files you can use a high grit sand paper then after you have finished if you feel the need you can use a felt polishing wheel only to clean up the parts with your Dremel
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
what do you mean by good luck? does that mean it's that difficult to do?
GM barrels as a rule, are prolly the very best value out there (IMO). One more time I'm gonna ask, is this gun for hunting, or strictly a bench gun? I understand you want it accurate, but for what purpose? Difficult, (and I swear I'm not trying to be an ass here) but, if your asking this question, it's impossible, for you at this time, (unless your the next Olympic superstar).
Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You don't have a foot long?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #26
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
You don't have a foot long?

Well yeah, if I measure from my asshole....
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #27
Old 05-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #28

Quote:
GM barrels as a rule, are prolly the very best value out there (IMO). One more time I'm gonna ask, is this gun for hunting, or strictly a bench gun? I understand you want it accurate, but for what purpose? Difficult, (and I swear I'm not trying to be an ass here) but, if your asking this question, it's impossible, for you at this time, (unless your the next Olympic superstar).
oh i didn't understand what you wanted to know. its a bench gun. sorry.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
I think he means that your goal to shoot under a 1" group at 100 yds is a stretch. You may get 2" or so if conditions are right but it mostly falls on the shooter, not the gun. Trigger control is key. If I was to build another one, I would focous soley on the trigger. The factory barell will usually shoot tighter than an average person can anyway. And as mentioned previously NEVER USE A DREMEL ON YOUR TRIGGER PARTS to remove material, they remove material to fast. If you don't have stones or files you can use a high grit sand paper then after you have finished if you feel the need you can use a felt polishing wheel only to clean up the parts with your Dremel
yeah a 2" group is fine. i just didn't know how accurate a .22lr can be at 100 yards.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #30

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
A 22lr can be very accurate. Provided the right barrel/trigger, right glass, and correct ammo, (good .22 ammo can run as high as $10.00 a box of 50). What type of scope are you thinking?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #31

Quote:
A 22lr can be very accurate. Provided the right barrel/trigger, right glass, and correct ammo, (good .22 ammo can run as high as $10.00 a box of 50). What type of scope are you thinking?
nikon p-22
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #32

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nikon p-22

That's prolly a pretty fair scope for small game, tin can plinking, but it is not a 100yd bench gun scope.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #33

Quote:
That's prolly a pretty fair scope for small game, tin can plinking, but it is not a 100yd bench gun scope.
what do you suggest?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #34

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
If it's solely a bench gun you need something in the 16-24 power range, something with a AO, (adjustable objective). I suggest spending the most money you can afford on glass. Good rule of thumb is, spend the same on glass as you spend on the gun.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #35

i bought the gun for 209. the glass is about 175.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #36

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i bought the gun for 209. the glass is about 175.
Yep, the 209 is before your barrel, ($150ish) and the Kidd trigger group (over $200.00) and what ever stock you go with, (at least $100.00 prolly more). So now your sitting around $600.00, you can get a good piece of glass for that.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Yep, the 209 is before your barrel, ($150ish) and the Kidd trigger group (over $200.00) and what ever stock you go with, (at least $100.00 prolly more). So now your sitting around $600.00, you can get a good piece of glass for that.
that's insane for a .22lr! aha i should have talked to you before i decided to do this project.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #38

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
You can certainly go cheaper. With he P22 and a box stock 10/22 you can have a great combo that will perform well for what .22 was meant for, it's just not gonna be a 100yd walnut shooter. They way I went was that way, then upgraded as I could, next thing I knew, I had enough parts for another rifle, and then another. I still have a couple of barrel and stocks laying around leftover from projects.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #39

Quote:
You can certainly go cheaper. With he P22 and a box stock 10/22 you can have a great combo that will perform well for what .22 was meant for, it's just not gonna be a 100yd walnut shooter. They way I went was that way, then upgraded as I could, next thing I knew, I had enough parts for another rifle, and then another. I still have a couple of barrel and stocks laying around leftover from projects.
here is a list of what i want for my gun.

black/blued bull barrel. (preferably threaded and fluted)
auto-bolt release
and OD green Houge stock.

do you have any extra black bull barrels laying around?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #40

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
No bulls, I've only bought one. Shoots very good, but too heavy to carry. My sporter barreled gun shoots just as well after I found the ammo it likes. Did you see the pic of mine in the link I posted?