Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

10/22, Volquartsen vs. KIDD

View Poll Results: what's a good aftermarket product brand for the Ruger 10/22?
Volquartsen 8 66.67%
KIDD 4 33.33%
Other, please name and explain. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #41
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
my rem597 has all of that
except thread/flute

this? yeah this looks bad ass! i want my 10/22 to look just like this. maybe with an 18" barrel though. whats the difference between 16" and 18" barrel for the .22lr performance wise?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
No bulls, I've only bought one. Shoots very good, but too heavy to carry. My sporter barreled gun shoots just as well after I found the ammo it likes. Did you see the pic of mine in the link I posted?

i haven't seen your 10/22's.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #43
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
i haven't seen your 10/22's.
A few post down on the first page.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ml#post3525313
Old 05-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #44
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
At 100 yds you'll need to be able to call some serious wind for 1" groups. I hold honest 15-shot 2" groups with my Savage in our 100 yd rimfire matches, but my buddy is an F-class shooter and keeps his 15-shot groups closer to 1.25" at 100 yds with his Anschutz. I shoot SK Match Rifle ammo, and he shoots the Wolf version (Match Extra if I remember right).

Both guns will shoot 1-ragged-hole 3-shot groups at 50 yds. The drop from 50 to 100 yds is what's crazy, plus the wind really starts to work on the bullet in those last 50 yds.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #45

Quote:
wow that's a lot of 10/22's! nice! i like that little one lol
Old 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #46
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
At 100 yds you'll need to be able to call some serious wind for 1" groups. I hold honest 15-shot 2" groups with my Savage in our 100 yd rimfire matches, but my buddy is an F-class shooter and keeps his 15-shot groups closer to 1.25" at 100 yds with his Anschutz. I shoot SK Match Rifle ammo, and he shoots the Wolf version (Match Extra if I remember right).

Both guns will shoot 1-ragged-hole 3-shot groups at 50 yds. The drop from 50 to 100 yds is what's crazy, plus the wind really starts to work on the bullet in those last 50 yds.
What's really crazy (to me at least) is to see the swirl and even the slug itself, if the sun is behind you. Best ever five shot group at 100 was right at 1.5 inches, I can get three, some times four tight, then there's always that flier that mucks up the deal. Two inches consistent, using Eley Tenex.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #47

Quote:

yeah i lowered my expectations on what a .22lr could do. i will be happy to hit a 3"? 4"? Clay Pigeon at 100 yards every time. (:
Old 05-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #48

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow that's a lot of 10/22's! nice! i like that little one lol
I have two more, box stock for now. Thumbhole is a .17MachII conversion.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #49

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i lowered my expectations on what a .22lr could do. i will be happy to hit a 3"? 4"? Clay Pigeon at 100 yards every time. (:
That can be a very realistic goal, as long as you understand you'll be lobbing the bullets in there. Then when you shoot at something at fifty yards your gonna be a few inches high.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #50

Quote:
That can be a very realistic goal, as long as you understand you'll be lobbing the bullets in there. Then when you shoot at something at fifty yards your gonna be a few inches high.
i plan to Zero at 50 yards. but i want to be capable at 100.

these are my groups at 50 yards with my Savage Mark II FV-SR on it's first time out to the range. i was hitting those clay pigeons at 100 yards.

(i wasn't aiming at the target on the 4th picture.)
Old 05-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #51

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at a Burris FullfieldII (think that's it) with a "ballisti-plex" reticle, it's got a neat reticle with holdover tics on the vertical crosshairs.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #52
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What's really crazy (to me at least) is to see the swirl and even the slug itself, if the sun is behind you.
I have a Weaver 16x v-series with a 1/8" dot reticle and it does well for my 100 yd matches. I can watch the slug hit with most shots. I take a spotting scope with me but if the wind's bad I usually do better by keeping my head on the stock and just watch the bullets fly to see what the wind is doing.

My buddy wants to eventually push th ematches out to 200 yds but I don't think I'll be competitve, and I think I would need higher rings and a 20 MOA base to even get on paper at 200.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Take a look at a Burris FullfieldII (think that's it) with a "ballisti-plex" reticle, it's got a neat reticle with holdover tics on the vertical crosshairs.

would that be similar to Nikon's BDC?
Old 05-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #54
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I have this trigger group in my gun and love it.
http://timneytriggers.com/timneystor...ct_detail&p=53
Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #55

Quote:
Between this one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/697...-reticle-matte

And this one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/516...-reticle-matte

I highly recommend spending the extra $30 for the Weaver. I've had both the Fullfield II and the Weaver V-series and the Weaver's glass is much better. And actually, if you're shooting known distances (meaning at a target and not an animal) I'd recommend the fine crosshair version or the 1/4 MOA target dot version, which are a little cheaper than the ballistic reticle versions. The finer reticles are going to be needed if groups are your main concern.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #56

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a Weaver 16x v-series with a 1/8" dot reticle and it does well for my 100 yd matches. I can watch the slug hit with most shots. I take a spotting scope with me but if the wind's bad I usually do better by keeping my head on the stock and just watch the bullets fly to see what the wind is doing.

My buddy wants to eventually push th ematches out to 200 yds but I don't think I'll be competitve, and I think I would need higher rings and a 20 MOA base to even get on paper at 200.
That's the same scope as I have, but I have the fine crosshairs instead of he dot. Funny thing is, I swear we got to shooting at bowling pins at 200yds, after taking awhile to walk them in (just using holdover, never adjusting scopes) we had some half-ass "groups" around paper plate sized.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #57
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the Scope i have on mine, it is mounted using Gentry custom Rings and Bases.
I sent my scope in and had the cross hairs changed to super fine, no duplex in mine. Its really nice, because it is like looking through a cob web they are so fine. This is preferred so your target is never covered by the cross hairs. That is if you plan on stacking rounds.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/679...-reticle-gloss
Old 05-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #58

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery

I got it out of the safe for a look for ya.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post

I got it out of the safe for a look for ya.
nice!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #60

is a Shooter's Ridge barrel good?