LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

10/22, Volquartsen vs. KIDD

View Poll Results: what's a good aftermarket product brand for the Ruger 10/22?
Volquartsen 8 66.67%
KIDD 4 33.33%
Other, please name and explain. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #81
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
The trying different ammo thing escapes most people. It's crazy how this can vary.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #82
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
A .22 can drop animals much bigger than 60-70lbs. Shot placement is the key, a .22 is by no means a toy. I've "heard" of people dropping 150lb deer with a .22 and I have seen 100+lb hogs dropped with a .17. I don't advocate this and it is proably illegal almost every where, but it can be done.
I've dispatched road-hit deer with a shot from a .22 pistol behind the ear. It kills them dead. Could easily make that shot from 50 yds on a feeding doe in a treestand, so yeah - I could see how it would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
The trying different ammo thing escapes most people. It's crazy how this can vary.
No kidding. I always recommend at least trying the mid-range stuff. I get really good groups from ammo in the $5-$8 range (SK, Wolf, RWS), and I don't feel the need to buy the really expensive stuff (Eley, Lapua, Federal Match) but I still get much better groups than any of the bulk Remchester stuff.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #83
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
for $10 I bought the Kidd auto bolt release. Slips right in and works flawlessly. I'd rather do that then take the Dremel to a part and screw it up. Plenty of pics of butchered bolt releases online...