Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

10/22, Volquartsen vs. KIDD

View Poll Results: what's a good aftermarket product brand for the Ruger 10/22?
Volquartsen 8 66.67%
KIDD 4 33.33%
Other, please name and explain. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
10/22, Volquartsen vs. KIDD

which is a more trusted brand? which is a better quality brand?

i'm interested in getting a bull barrel, auto-bolt release, bolt buffer, v-block, and maybe a charging handle.

thanks!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Both make top shelf products. Vol is quite pricey, and I've read some say over on Rimfirecentrel.com there hammer drop-in parts have slipped in quality as of late. As far as complete TGs Kidd is considered the best out there. There are many other brands out there as well, it just depends on what your intentions with the rifle are, and how deep your pockets are. Very good thread on here (10/22 Modders) or something like that, and a wealth of info on RFC.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Check youtube for trigger job and auto bolt mod. There is videos on how to do both for free. I have done both and they both work like a champ. Just go slow on the hammer and sear so you don't go to far. The auto bolt was super easy. Both of these just mod the stock parts.
I have a 20" Green Mountain SS fluted Bull barrel I may be selling soon. I am looking at a Tactical Solutions barrel $$$$$ but super nice. If your intrested let me know.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I, as well, have done many trigger jobs and auto bolt releases. And they are not very difficult. But I can't recommend anyone with out a pretty good knowledge of how the mechanism works in conjuction with other correlating parts to attempt a trigger job. Bolt release, can of corn, and if done improperly, no one is gonna be in a potentially bad situation. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I have a full blown Volquartsen bull pup 10/22, and i absolutely love the thing. I built it from just a 10/22 receiver i found at the pawn shop, now it is worth a little over $1k. It is my close range gopher slayer!! Volquartsen FTW!!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
Check youtube for trigger job and auto bolt mod. There is videos on how to do both for free. I have done both and they both work like a champ. Just go slow on the hammer and sear so you don't go to far. The auto bolt was super easy. Both of these just mod the stock parts.
I have a 20" Green Mountain SS fluted Bull barrel I may be selling soon. I am looking at a Tactical Solutions barrel $$$$$ but super nice. If your intrested let me know.
i would totally be interested if it was black and i think i want to stay between 16"-18". reason being, i've herd using a barrel longer than 18" for a .22lr, you are wasting bullet energy. thanks anyways
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
I have a full blown Volquartsen bull pup 10/22, and i absolutely love the thing. I built it from just a 10/22 receiver i found at the pawn shop, now it is worth a little over $1k. It is my close range gopher slayer!! Volquartsen FTW!!
you've always given me good information about guns. thanks
Old 05-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I, as well, have done many trigger jobs and auto bolt releases. And they are not very difficult. But I can't recommend anyone with out a pretty good knowledge of how the mechanism works in conjuction with other correlating parts to attempt a trigger job. Bolt release, can of corn, and if done improperly, no one is gonna be in a potentially bad situation. Just my thoughts.
i've never modded a 10/22. so you're saying i should buy parts instead of doing the mods myself with my dremel?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #9

hey does anyone know who benb870 is? he is supposed to sell me a .920 Midway Heavy Match Black Fluted Barrel. he replied once and hasn't for a while now. if anyone has his number or sees him regularly, could you remind him? thanks!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #10

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
i've never modded a 10/22. so you're saying i should buy parts instead of doing the mods myself with my dremel?
A Dremel tool has no business around any gun, as far as a trigger job goes. Stones and files only, in educated hands. Go over to rimfirecentrel.com and do a little research. You can send your stock components to a person that knows what he's doing for less money, (and have a great, and safe trigger).
Old 05-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #11

Quote:
A Dremel tool has no business around any gun, as far as a trigger job goes. Stones and files only, in educated hands. Go over to rimfirecentrel.com and do a little research. You can send your stock components to a person that knows what he's doing for less money, (and have a great, and safe trigger).
cool, thanks for the website.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #12

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool, thanks for the website.
There is more info there than anyone can fully gather.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #13

Quote:
There is more info there than anyone can fully gather.
yeah i was just going through it.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #14

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i was just going through it.

What do you want out of the rifle? You wanting to mod just to be different, more accuracy, hunting or what?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #15

Quote:
What do you want out of the rifle? You wanting to mod just to be different, more accuracy, hunting or what?
i want anything better than stock accuracy and for it to look tacticool, i already chose the stock i want. i want the auto bolt release, i want a black threaded and fluted bull barrel. cheaper the better as long as it's more accurate that the stock configuration. (black or blued, which ever matches the receiver best)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #16

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i want anything better than stock accuracy and for it to look tacticool, i already chose the stock i want. i want the auto bolt release, i want a black threaded and fluted bull barrel. cheaper the better as long as it's more accurate that the stock configuration. (black or blued, which ever matches the receiver best)

"MOST" of the accuracy issues can be achieved with the factory tube, (believe it or not) and trying every type/brand ammo out there. Don't believe me, search "Randy at RPC" on RFC. His reworked stock barrels will out shoot most high dollar aftermarket heavy barrels. Sounds like you want a bad-ass looking gun, I fully understand. I have six 10/22s, all with a different purpose.

Here's a link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ml#post3525313
Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #17

Quote:
"MOST" of the accuracy issues can be achieved with the factory tube, (believe it or not) and trying every type/brand ammo out there. Don't believe me, search "Randy at RPC" on RFC. His reworked stock barrels will out shoot most high dollar aftermarket heavy barrels. Sounds like you want a bad-ass looking gun, I fully understand. I have six 10/22s, all with a different purpose.
wow! that's a lot of 10/22's! i only have this project and my take-down. so what's a good fluted bull barrel for a decent price? i want to spend around $100. i don't want a barrel that costs more than the gun itself.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #18

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow! that's a lot of 10/22's! i only have this project and my take-down. so what's a good fluted bull barrel for a decent price? i want to spend around $100. i don't want a barrel that costs more than the gun itself.
You haven't awswered my question, what are your goals with this gun?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #19

Quote:
You haven't awswered my question, what are your goals with this gun?
i want it to look cool. i want it to be able to hit a walnut (maybe golf ball) sized target at 100yards every time.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #20

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i want it to look cool. i want it to be able to hit a walnut (maybe golf ball) sized target at 100yards every time.
And I want a cock a foot long. Good luck.