Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Well I ain't got nothin else to do tomorrow

Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Well I ain't got nothin else to do tomorrow

....so I guess I'll just go buy a new pistol!

I'm lookin at either gettin a Glock model 38 .45gap or a ruger p345. Hadn't made my mind up yet. Any inputs or other guns to throw into the ballad?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Sig Sauer P220 is my vote.

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/Show...x?categoryid=6
Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
DsleePy1 is on a distinguished road
DsleePy1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of getting a Kahr PM9 myself. It's easy to conceal.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i'd look into (i forget which model) a regular Glock .45...gap ammo aint as easy to come by and its more expensive
Old 12-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a Sig Sauer P229 and it would make a great addition to anyone's collection.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=HighPlains;298647]Sig Sauer P220 is my vote.

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/Show...d=6[/quote]
X2. I think my 220 is the best auto I own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i'd look into (i forget which model) a regular Glock .45...gap ammo aint as easy to come by and its more expensive
X2, as the GAP ammo is less powerfull, and very rare. As far as handguns go, I prefer the readilly availible calibers, i.e., 9mm, .45 ACP, .44mag. etc.. You know you will always be able to find them.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlains View Post

+1 for the P220. Sig makes a fine pistol. I recently purchased a P6, which is the German (made in W. Germany) version of the P229. It is a German peace officers weapon, chambered for the 9mm Luger. Although i am not much a fan of the 9mm I must admit, It is quite a fun and cheap pistol to shoot. The gun was made in 1982 and still shoots like it just came off the assembly line.

It looks like you are interested in some heavy firepower though, If this is the case i would recommend possibly looking into a Springfield. They have a relatively new model called the XD series which you can get chambered in a .45 ACP. Depending on if you want a compact or not you can fit 13+1 in that cannon. They also just came out with a new XDm model that hold 19+1! Although it is a 9mm, I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it. For the money, you just cant beat the quality and reliability of the Springfield. Good luck with the purchase.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xdfeatures.php
Old 12-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
Cool

[QUOTE=chris4x4;298707]
Quote:
Sig Sauer P220 is my vote.

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/Show...d=6[/quote]
X2. I think my 220 is the best auto I own.

X2, as the GAP ammo is less powerfull, and very rare. As far as handguns go, I prefer the readilly availible calibers, i.e., 9mm, .45 ACP, .44mag. etc.. You know you will always be able to find them.
Nothing shoots as well as a Sig right out of the box. In my opinion only of course. I will quit putting forth my opinion, when everyone agrees with me.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nothing shoots as well as a Sig right out of the box.
X2!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yall can push sigs all you want...but the OP needs to go test fire and hold both (and any other gun he may want to purchase) to make sure the feel of the gun and grip/backstrap etc fit him...

i LOVE glocks...and i'll continue to purchase as such because they fit me and feel great in my hand...i had a springfield xd40 and it was a GREAT gun...but it didnt fit me well...so i sold it to purchase another glock

i'd definately look into a much more "popular" or readily available ammo caliber like a 9mm/.40/.45/.357 etc

chris...there are some reports that .45gap is actually MORE powerful than .45 acp...but that whole availability/cost of the ammo is a killer...plus youre only going to own MAYBE 3 guns chambered in that as that is a designed by/for Glock (Glock Automatic Pistol)

Our department looked into switching from the .40s&w to the .45gap a few months ago and it was decided that we should stay with the .40

another plus to buying a popular caliber is that you can own several makes/models of handguns chambered as such and buy ammo in bulk and not have to buy several different kinds
Old 12-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yall can push sigs all you want...but the OP needs to go test fire and hold both (and any other gun he may want to purchase) to make sure the feel of the gun and grip/backstrap etc fit him...

i LOVE glocks...and i'll continue to purchase as such because they fit me and feel great in my hand...i had a springfield xd40 and it was a GREAT gun...but it didnt fit me well...so i sold it to purchase another glock

i'd definately look into a much more "popular" or readily available ammo caliber like a 9mm/.40/.45/.357 etc

chris...there are some reports that .45gap is actually MORE powerful than .45 acp...but that whole availability/cost of the ammo is a killer...plus youre only going to own MAYBE 3 guns chambered in that as that is a designed by/for Glock (Glock Automatic Pistol)

Our department looked into switching from the .40s&w to the .45gap a few months ago and it was decided that we should stay with the .40

another plus to buying a popular caliber is that you can own several makes/models of handguns chambered as such and buy ammo in bulk and not have to buy several different kinds

This is absolutely correct. A weapon that you are not comfortable with, might as well be your door stop.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
Quote:

I could not agree with you more, except for I will change every instance of "Glock" in your comments to Sig Sauer just to suit me. I agree totally with your statement that a more common caliber ought to be selected. I remember back years ago when the 10mm was the up and coming thing. Try and find ammo just anywhere for that one now. .45 ACP has been around for over 100 years, and will probably be here the next 100. I really like the .40 S&W, but I'm starting to fall in love with .357sig. We shall see.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I could not agree with you more, except for I will change every instance of "Glock" in your comments to Sig Sauer just to suit me. I agree totally with your statement that a more common caliber ought to be selected. I remember back years ago when the 10mm was the up and coming thing. Try and find ammo just anywhere for that one now. .45 ACP has been around for over 100 years, and will probably be here the next 100. I really like the .40 S&W, but I'm starting to fall in love with .357sig. We shall see.
lol...tho i think youre switching glock to sig wont work in the whole G.A.P thing...

Glock still makes a 10mm pistol iirc

**edit** they do...G20 and G29

the .45GAP models are G37, G38, and G39
Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

to add...i have since looked it up...and Springfield supposedly markets an XD in .45 GAP and Para-Ordinance has an M1911 in the caliber

and 4 LEA worldwide use them...including the SCHP
Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
jscott is on a distinguished road
jscott's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
to add...i have since looked it up...and Springfield supposedly markets an XD in .45 GAP and Para-Ordinance has an M1911 in the caliber

and 4 LEA worldwide use them...including the SCHP
Not Sure about the XD but Para only offers 9mm,38 super and 45ACP.Edit: and 40S&W

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product.php
Old 12-26-2008, 04:14 AM   #17
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsleePy1 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Kahr PM9 myself. It's easy to conceal.
I wanted one of those a few years ago, then sort of got out of the gun scene. I'm going to have to look back into this gun.

Quote:
Sig was my 2nd choice after the H&K USPC .40 I bought for my carry weapon. Glock does not 'fit' me at all and I was uncomfortable with it. My instructor was a Glock fan and told me I'd never qualify with an H&K 40 , next academy he had switched from his 9mm Glock to an H&K 40 .

Before I made my choice I visited just about every gun store/range here in town and shot just about every gun they had, a must before any purchase of a handgun IMO.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanxd View Post
check out the xd45compact.
bah!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #20
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
H&K is a nice weapon. I carry a Kimber 1911 .45. But I'm a lover of 1911's.