Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Built an AR-15 rack for my Tacoma today.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Don't move to California then, thats for sure. Just saying gun to a LEO here during a traffic stop would probably get you facedown on the road with a knee in your back and a gun to you head with backup on the way...or going to see Dark Knight Rises....to soon?
Here in mt as long as the cop see's your hands and your polite they don't care. Most the time they want to take a closer look at it
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't move to California then, thats for sure. Just saying gun to a LEO here during a traffic stop would probably get you facedown on the road with a knee in your back and a gun to you head with backup on the way...or going to see Dark Knight Rises....to soon?
new jersey ain't much better our gun laws are so goddam confusing the police don't even know them most of the time its a travesty of justice lol

both me and my wife shoot all the time hundreds of rounds a week we take classes together the whole bit and finally i said fuck it i'm moving to vermont its the freest state in the whole country as far as i know
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup, very true. california sucks.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #24
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Here in mt as long as the cop see's your hands and your polite they don't care. Most the time they want to take a closer look at it
There are parts of California like that. Anywhere near a populated area, just prepare for the interrogation. Out in the sticks (and we have plenty of 'sticks' here), it's like another world. Cops want to horsetrade for good hunting spots, debate 300WM vs. 7mmRM and offer their thoughts on the latest-and-greatest AR-15 accessory.

It's weird.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #25
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
how's the re-design coming Lieutenant?
Haven't put any time to it, Uncle Sam is an attention whore of a mistress, that's for sure. The wife was out of town all this week with the baby, so I thought "sweet, I'll have every evening to dedicate to the truck". Ended up staying past 1930 every night at work, some nights later.

Using what time I do get off to get the truck in tip top shape - we're thinking about selling the wife's car when I deploy and letting her DD the taco, since it is paid off and the insurance is cheaper than her new car that we'd sell.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #26
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
There are parts of California like that. Anywhere near a populated area, just prepare for the interrogation. Out in the sticks (and we have plenty of 'sticks' here), it's like another world. Cops want to horsetrade for good hunting spots, debate 300WM vs. 7mmRM and offer their thoughts on the latest-and-greatest AR-15 accessory.

It's weird.
Yea, I suppose I should clarify to 'Southern California'. I'm actually gonna be moving up to contra Costa county some day soon...
Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I might build a batch of these in a few months if I end up not deploying; but as is right now I have too much on my plate to be building/selling anything.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
FunTaco is on a distinguished road
FunTaco's Tacoma Gallery
part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I might build a batch of these in a few months if I end up not deploying; but as is right now I have too much on my plate to be building/selling anything.
you described cutting and bending, but what about the rubber strap parts. is this a stock item intended for something else that came with those two straps or are they straps you added?

Also a quick thought--- if you have a gun with a longer grip couldn't you just flip your designed unit upside down and gain a couple inches at least to where it straps in?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTaco View Post
you described cutting and bending, but what about the rubber strap parts. is this a stock item intended for something else that came with those two straps or are they straps you added?

Also a quick thought--- if you have a gun with a longer grip couldn't you just flip your designed unit upside down and gain a couple inches at least to where it straps in?
They're called "quick fists"; these are the mini size ones. They're a widely used item in the offroad industry.

I could flip it, but it gets a lot of its stability from sitting against the seat back.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #31
cepadams is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
cepadams's Tacoma Gallery
Love it and i'm so glad I live in the good 'ol AZ!