LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger SR-22

Old 05-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger SR-22

Just picked up a Ruger SR-22 today.

Anybody else have one??????....be interested in your experiences and any helpful hints or suggestions.

THX
Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

SR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
The rifle or the pistol?

EDIT never mind the '-' defines which is which.

The Pistol......sorry, should have posted a picture and left out the "-"

Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
cobia23 will become famous soon enoughcobia23 will become famous soon enough
cobia23's Tacoma Gallery
Going to pick one up in the morning, how do you like yours so far?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #5

Nice shooter

Took it to the range from the gunshop. Right out of the box put 200 rounds through it. No problems, shoots good.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
*I'm always good for a thread revival*
I just got an SR-22PBT last night. Got to shoot it this morning. Had a couple friends over and we all shared. I've been smiling all day.
SR-22P
S&W M&P 15-22
Kel-Tek P32
Ruger 22/45
Kimber 45
Bretta .380
Soo much fun!!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Don’t have one, but buddy does and i have shot it. Shoots really good with a verity of .22 ammo.(cheaper rounds and more expensive rounds) The gun has a good fill and weight to it.

I would like too get one.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Got one a few months ago. I love it.

Only jammed once on SUPER cheap, SUPER old ammo. Neighbor and I both got one, He had 2 jams, i had one. Shot a whole box of about 450-500 rounds through them one evening. Pretty accurate as well once you get the hang of it. Great gun for the wife to get started with as well.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one a few months back and really like it. I haven't shot it in a while though because I can't find .22lr around me
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
Learning Mode
Telluride is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Telluride's Tacoma Gallery
I have one. out of the box it would not extract the shells. I tore into it and disovered the extractor lever was broke in two. Ruger sent me another extractor and I installed it and all is well. The lever seems to be cast aluminum instead of a machined piece...I hope it lasts, but haven't shot it much because I also cannot get my hands on any ammo.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Bought the wife one for Christmas so she can start shooting! We have run several hundred rounds through it and really like it!! Looking to pick her up a new LC380 for CC before to long. Ruger does it right!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
Racer X will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up one this past weekend, shot it today at lunch. I have to say, I love the way it shoots. The size is nice too, about the same size as my Glock 27.
Also scored a 525 pack of 22lr at Dick's for $22.

Attached Thumbnails
Ruger SR-22-21-59-54_424.jpg   Ruger SR-22-21-59-39_554.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Nice purchase OP. I've been tying to decide between this pistol and the S&W version (since I already have an M&P). The S&W version looks but doesn't have the same balance as my 9mm version - I do love my M&P though.

The Ruger is very very attractive looking. Do you like the feel/weight of the gun?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalrider View Post
Bought the wife one for Christmas so she can start shooting! We have run several hundred rounds through it and really like it!! Looking to pick her up a new LC380 for CC before to long. Ruger does it right!!!
Get her an LC-9.....she will love it
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #15
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Nice purchase OP. I've been tying to decide between this pistol and the S&W version (since I already have an M&P). The S&W version looks but doesn't have the same balance as my 9mm version - I do love my M&P though.

The Ruger is very very attractive looking. Do you like the feel/weight of the gun?
I really like the feel, I use the larger grips. It's light, but it feels really good. I've put a few hundred rounds through it and I'm sold.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #16

Quote:

For a small .22, the pistol feels good in my hand and has nice balance, On the plus side, my wife also likes it, It was a good transition for her to her LC-9
Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #17
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
seeing these 22lr pistols is making me miss my Walther p22...
Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Thanks OP and Racer. I'm going to give the Ruger a look before making a purchase. First things first, I have to find a place that sells the Ruger. I saw a used S&W at a local gun shop but no Ruger yet.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they can be a little hard to find right now. One gun shop where I live gets in a few every couple of weeks, but they go really quick. I happened to be lucky and found mine pretty quick.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #20

Sportsmans Warehouse

Quote:
Thanks OP and Racer. I'm going to give the Ruger a look before making a purchase. First things first, I have to find a place that sells the Ruger. I saw a used S&W at a local gun shop but no Ruger yet.
Do a google search for Sportsman's Warehouse there are several in Washington state.........then call 'em