Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Man Shoots Charging Boar, Close Range .45ACP (vid)

Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #21
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
damn i didnt know their skin was so tuff though...???
It is, their skulls are thick. I had this same thing happen to me but the boar took the lives of 2 pit's in the process of trying to charge us. It took me somewhere around five to ten shots to get him down with my G22 .40. The other 2 pits that survived ate good for a few day's. Some of that squirming around was probably just nervous movement from adrenaline and other fight-or-flight response hormones in the boar's system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
1911 could be anywhere from 7 (standard) 8 (most common) to 10 rounds (high capacity).

The Glock and many others are double-stack and can carry 10+
15+1.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #22
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
It is, their skulls are thick. I had this same thing happen to me but the boar took the lives of 2 pit's in the process of trying to charge us. It took me somewhere around five to ten shots to get him down with my G22 .40. The other 2 pits that survived ate good for a few day's. Some of that squirming around was probably just nervous movement from adrenaline and other fight-or-flight response hormones in the boar's system.
Carry staple guns with you for an 'in the field repair'?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Carry staple guns with you for an 'in the field repair'?
Well, lack of training really. After that I got into better shooting training where I'm doing more than just stationary target shooting. Now I'll do run and gun drills to get my heart pumping and try to get into that numbed down state of fight or flight among other thing's like that.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
1911 could be anywhere from 7 (standard) 8 (most common) to 10 rounds (high capacity).

The Glock and many others are double-stack and can carry 10+
woah, thanks for the lesson! I'm from canada, we don't do hand guns much :P

I can fit 4 + 1 in my BEAUTIFUL remington 700sps .270 :P
Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
cluznar is on a distinguished road
cluznar's Tacoma Gallery
Man shoots charging boar

Sadistic bastard should have killed it instead of letting it suffer.
But that shows even with a .45 how tough Boars can be.

However, this is a true story. A guy was walking thru a field down south when a boar charged him. He only had a .380 but he pulled it and fired, one shot put the Boar down then he walked over and gave it a kill shot.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #26
CaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to all

Name: Jim
CaliforniaKid's Tacoma Gallery
I think the real issue is how poor a shot the guy is. A 45 is certainly big enough, but you won't kill a boar, grazing his chest and shooting him in a hind leg.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #27
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Can't blame the guy for poor accuracy, because he's shooting offhand while holding a camera.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #28
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryceratops View Post
^^ x2 Kinda wished he could have just put it out of its misery after it hit the floor.
This....x100
Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #29
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
woah, thanks for the lesson! I'm from canada, we don't do hand guns much :P

I can fit 4 + 1 in my BEAUTIFUL remington 700sps .270 :P
You should be proud knowing that Para Ordnance, the pioneer for high-capacity 1911 guns, was founded in Canada.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #30
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
as others have stated, that shot in the head w/ 20 seconds left killed it for sure. The rest is just nerves cuz boars are fighters, racoons do the same thing even, when you know their dead as shit.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
I will never take a shot at a wild hog unless I have a tree trunk to hide in case I miss my first shot. Once I wounded one who run away from me through a barb wire fence and kept on going with a 20ft of fence dragging along.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #32
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
guy was holding the camera pretty steady, best shot he could do i guess, still think even if he was out of bullets in the magazine maybe reload and make sure it's dead, nerves or not, or pull out the rifle he used since someone said he shot it witha rifle from far
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #33
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i hunt. favorite hobby.

IMHO, the guy is a dipshit. if a rifle was involved, he should have killed it with the rifle. my friend as taken down almost 100 hogs with a .223. a follow up shot with a .308 would be low hanging fruit.

but NOOOOO. he had to follow up with his .45 and a camera? a wounded hog will charge. a healthy one will run away. right when the video started..a rifle shot would have been quick and humane.

i have never been charged by a healthy wild hog.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
in addition. my neighbor is a ranch lady. she had wild hogs come in and impregnate her herd. she now has domestic 99% wild hogs as a herd.

i get one every year for my pork supply. we let them get to 90 lbs. the butchering time. we put a .22 in the head. it pole axe them dead. and i only hunt them with archery equipment. they are not that hard to kill.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #35
hog time.
Attached Thumbnails
Man Shoots Charging Boar, Close Range .45ACP (vid)-dsc_00161291582069.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #36
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
damn i didnt know their skin was so tuff though...???

its not so much the skin as it is their bone plating in the front and side, I use to hunt Russian boar in NorCal, some big boys up there. With that said, that guy needs an education in humane hunting. He's lucky that was a feral hog as most wild boar would have torn him a new ass in the first 3 shots.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #37
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i hunt. favorite hobby.

IMHO, the guy is a dipshit. if a rifle was involved, he should have killed it with the rifle. my friend as taken down almost 100 hogs with a .223. a follow up shot with a .308 would be low hanging fruit.

but NOOOOO. he had to follow up with his .45 and a camera? a wounded hog will charge. a healthy one will run away. right when the video started..a rifle shot would have been quick and humane.

i have never been charged by a healthy wild hog.
Not always true. Get between momma and the piglets once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
in addition. my neighbor is a ranch lady. she had wild hogs come in and impregnate her herd. she now has domestic 99% wild hogs as a herd.

i get one every year for my pork supply. we let them get to 90 lbs. the butchering time. we put a .22 in the head. it pole axe them dead. and i only hunt them with archery equipment. they are not that hard to kill.
Just 90 lbs?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #38
Fink44 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
Fink44's Tacoma Gallery
The guy should really go to the range more often, or use the right tool for the job. That was ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #39
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
If the dude was focused more on the hunt and less on how "cool" the vid would be this hunt would have been fine with me. Im not a vegetarian but nor have I ever hunted. That being said Ive watched countless hunt vids and have even seen the one where the kid slits the wild boar after the dogs track it. Clearly this was not a "clean kill". If a rifle was used......at only 200 yards ( i do shoot) then he sux.......plain and simple. And his colt combat elite has a minimum of 7 ( have a clone) to a max of 10 like stated before if he had the extended magazine.

Hunting can be bloody and sometimes hard to watch, but when an animals life if taken so sloppily(is that a word?) just so the camera gets a good shot of it..................well i feel its just wrong and doesnt help the hunters out there doing it right.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #40
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgilly View Post
i hope that guy gets nailed in the balls with a tusk one day...what a piece if shit
x2, what an asshat.