LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What do you feed your dog?

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Trashy is Classy
ElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
ElCid11Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What do you feed your dog?

Getting a GSP here in about a week and have an idea of what brand of dog food I'm going to use. Just wanted to see what everyone else uses.

He is going to be a hunting dog so come hunting season I will be using the high protein for more energy.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you feed your dog?-photo-5-.jpg  
Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I use Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Salmon and Sweet Potato. It seems to keep his coat really shiney and he has plenty of energy! We had to use limited ingredient because a lot of the other dog foods seemed to give him the shits.

Before that, we were using Iams, then Blue Buffalo.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
I feed my dog purina pro plan select.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I have a yellow lab and we tried several brands but they gave her the shits so bad. We tried natures recipe, blue buffalo, and a purina. The natures recipe was the best out of those but she started to react differently afte ra while. Finally we went to a boutique pet store and tried Taste of the Wild. Its not too much more expensive but her shit instantly got better, her coat was good, we've been really happy. Tractor supply carries it too. Its about $50 for a 30lb bag which isnt too bad, plus it has a higher protein content so you dont have to feed as much.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I have a yellow lab and we tried several brands but they gave her the shits so bad. We tried natures recipe, blue buffalo, and a purina. The natures recipe was the best out of those but she started to react differently afte ra while. Finally we went to a boutique pet store and tried Taste of the Wild. Its not too much more expensive but her shit instantly got better, her coat was good, we've been really happy. Tractor supply carries it too. Its about $50 for a 30lb bag which isnt too bad, plus it has a higher protein content so you dont have to feed as much.
I have a chocolate lab who had the same problems. We went to Natural Balance Limited Ingredient and he's 100% better. Any dog food denoted as a "Limited Ingredient" should be fine for your dog's stomach.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
human flesh
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
We were feeding our dogs the Natural balance Limited Ingredient Diet. The dogs didn't really like it that much. So we switched to Taste of the wild. It has better ingredients, Costs less, and the dogs love it. It is a bit stinky though.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
for our 3 dogs: 2 blueys and a poodle. We give them what we eat. They eat leftovers like brown rice, vegetable dahl hot water and raw eggs mixed with a bit of Dick Van Patton kibble. One feeding in the morning.good healthy coats, easy demeanor, solid poop-no loose stuff.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
After using various boutique or vet-recommended brands I looked at the ingredients in Purina's Beniful brand and found them to be quite close to what I was told was optimum. The dogs love it, have no digestion problems, clear eyes and clean and shiny coats. I get it at the grocery store for a competitive price.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
our GSP was the MOST destructive dog we owned. the energy level of a young GSP is nothing short of amazing.

good luck.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Wholito is on a distinguished road

Wholito's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Black Lab and we give him Solid Gold: Wolf King. My wife knows why but his coat is real shiny and no digestion issues. My cousin has a GSP he trotts around the yard all day long. Don't think you need to worry about giving him more energy.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Rich Old Guy
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
We feed our boxer Taste of the Wild Venison and Buffalo. We used to feed him Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Check out wag.com once you figure out what food to feed.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
I like beer, I brew beer!
PS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rancher
PS78's Tacoma Gallery
We have a Lab / Pointer mix which is very high energy, The place we board her has her nicknamed "wild woman" because she doesnt stop. Swim's and chases the ball all day long. You dont have to worry about energy with a pointer, they will have plenty!!! Ours is also very destructive, as you can see from my couch when i left her alone one day. We used to feed her Billjac but it was giving her problems so we switched to wellness and problems stopped.

Wellness Whitefish and Sweet Potato

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/produ...pet=dog&pid=54
Old 06-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve103 View Post
for our 3 dogs: 2 blueys and a poodle. We give them what we eat. They eat leftovers like brown rice, vegetable dahl hot water and raw eggs mixed with a bit of Dick Van Patton kibble. One feeding in the morning.good healthy coats, easy demeanor, solid poop-no loose stuff.
So... you eat raw eggs mixed with Dick Van Patton kibble?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
yeah. 1 egg mixed with rice,vegies or what not all for 3 dogs then a little kibble.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I feed them Bears, whole chickens, and have trained them to farm their own rice. They seem to like working for their food.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
Jedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 0621 Field Radio Operator, Cpl
Name: Josh
Jedi7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice GSP puppy.

For the first year and half I was feeding my GSP a raw diet, if you can afford it, it is the best thing for them. He would only poop once every 2 days because they use all the food. I have never had so many compliments on a dog, but raw is expensive.

So, now we feed him Taste of the Wild, he loves the duck and buffalo. I tried a ton of kibbles and he likes this brand the best. I also mix in some Honest Kitchen for his dinner, one scoop. He is a solid 68 lbs with no fat. Got him to mountain bike and backcountry snowboard with me, and he is perfect. Love GSP's, crazy crazy energy, never ceases to amaze at what he can do.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
Resident Chubby Chaser
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Certified Beer Drinker
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
lmao at some of the misc threads on here.. I feed my 10 yr old golden science diet. dont feed the dogs Iams Chunks (tons of dog farts) or Eukanuba (BIG OL' SHITS!)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Have a black lab, we have tried nearly every type of limited ingredient food. Did Wellness for a while, tried Blue, and then switched him to Nutro for sensitive stomachs seems to be the best fit for him. He likes to "give back" his meals shortly after ingesting them.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #20
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force:
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of good info below. We use Fromm dry dog food for our black lab mix.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-your-dog.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/foo...-guys-use.html