1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

put some christmas money to good use today!!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tacomaman06, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dec 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    decided to head up to gander mtn today and get a few things i needed....also went to bass pro and dicks sporting goods.

so..........i picked up an aluminum one piece game reaper scope mount for my rem. .270. its a pretty damn nice mount.....aircraft aliminum,hex head screws...and good reviews on it. it should go really nice with my tru-glo scope i picked up a few weeks back. gonna take off my shitty see-thru scope mounts....should help with the accuracy of my rifle. also..........picked up a mtm predator shooting rest to carry to the range. its built pretty solid..so it should hold up pretty well. i'll get good use outta it. also, while i was out.......i picked up 2 boresnakes...one for my .270, and one for my .30-.30!! those boresnakes are pretty damn neat.

deer season is about over here...2 more days. gonna go out tomorrow.............probably my last day. got bowl games to watch on thursday!! after the season is over...........im gonna have 4 guns i gotta go sight in!!! my new remington 597 .22 semi-auto, my mossberg 500 with the scoped slug barrel,my 30-30(using the scope i currently have on my .270) and putting the new tru-glo on my .270. should be a fun day at the range!!!:D

once i shoot the .270 with the game reaper scope mount and the tru-glo scope............i'll put out a review for them. also for the mtm predator gun rest!!

2. Dec 30, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    Let us now how that barrel works out for you. This is something that I have been thinking about getting. Oh yeah, that is a fine way to spend the little extra $$$ Have fun getting everything to shoot straight.

3. Dec 30, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    forgot to mention..............also picked up a 30 round clip for my remington 597 too!!! got this one from gander mtn for $30........clear clip(they were outta black). then i went to basss pro...........they had the damn things for $20..........and they had black in stock.:rolleyes::D the reason i went ahead and got it from gander was because they had a sign up at bass pro a couple of weeks ago saying they were temporarily out and didnt knwo when more would be in. oh well............lost $10 on it......and im gonna paint it black!!:D

4. Dec 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Sounds like you are set for awhile, time to hit the range. I have a lead sled coming and hope to try it out if the weather stays the same.
    It is always nice to spend money :D

5. Dec 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah man...should be lotsa fun. and actually...........the mossberg came with that barrel and a field barrel...it was a combo buy. dicks had them on sale a lil while back.

6. Dec 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah........aint looking forward to deer season ending..but i am looking forward to hitting the range. and yes...good spend money when you have some extra!:D

7. Jan 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    im gettin antsy too..Cabelas is about 2 hrs from my house, and i have a list i want for next year already. My season ends on the 9th, so i have a few days i can go yet. Gotta love the end of season sales.

Hell..last year i went to a new dicks store, and the gf bought me a summit viper climber for $150 UNDER what they are now. I have yet to find that price again..I love it.

8. Jan 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Hit the Gander Mountain here yesterday, had alot of stuff on sale. Pick up some Leupold mounts and rings, some reloading stuff, and a clip on thing for my rangefinder.
    Was going home and realized I forgot to use my gift card.......oh well I guess another trip is in order.:D

9. Jan 2, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sounds like ya'll keepin up the dreary winter spirits with some toy purchases. Good job!! Lets get those reviews rollin in....

For me, I'm smellin some 'fowl' weather right around the corner....if any of you guys know what I mean...;)

10. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    will do man. i mounted it the other day.....just waiting on time to get to the range and sight it in. one thing about it now tho...............that scope is clear and sharp!!

Products Discussed in

To Top