Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

looking for a laser

Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
looking for a laser

Ive been very intrested in purchasing a laser for my glock. I'm not doing tacti-cool things with my glock, so I dont need a light/laser combo.. Can anyone direct me to a decent laser for my glock17, gen3? Thanks

Edit: BTW, I just put truglow sights on it, so I dont want to get a sight mounted laser, I dont like the guide spring laser..I'm looking for the trigger guard laser.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Thats what I dont want..lol
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #3

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
?

its a laser and remains tru to the lines of ur gun, its not a light?

edit, nvm I see u dont want the guiderod laser..................i misread and thought U meant u DID want one.

I cant help ya there.............rail mounts are gunna snag.

gun dosent stay in a holster, so it really dosent matter to me
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #4

Firefighter:
Quote:
maybe they have rail mounted ones.....lasermax is supposed to be good shit.

I went to the website, they do offer rail mounted ones, just unsure if it will fit my g17
Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://lapolicegear.ecomm-search.com...og-policestuff
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Your my man Jeff! Ill check that out in the am
Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
I found the best deal for my wife's .38 at manventure.com
It's a Crimson Trace.
It's activated by a pressure switch on the grip. I didn't like the type that has an on/off switch. Got it for about $155 to fit her Taurus .38 special.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money and buy more ammo. Just my opinion. I have used the Lasermax and some rail mounted ones. Lasermax was the only one that would hold a consistent zero in my experience. But Either Lasermax or Crimson Trace should be solid if you have to have one.

Also, you should seriously consider a retention style holster especially if you keep one in the tube. That shity state you are blessed to live in will be looking to fry you if something should happen and your firearm wasn't secured. The may still even if it's holstered but it gives a little more peace of mind and helps your lawyer slightly if something unfortunate was to happen.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest you look at the Viridian lasers. Green laser light is more visible to your eye. Good stuff.

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/

12Tac
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to try out a friend's first before you commit...depending on the light, I find myself spending too much time looking for that little red dot instead of just lining up and engaging.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! three posts already..
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't. A light is way more practical.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
T4Daddy makes a great point. A light on a handgun makes the most sense and is rather practical. Unless you "need" a laser, a light is more useful in many situations. Preference is yours.

12Tac
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Not sure how to add a quote, but in regards to weapon mounted lights they are very practical. There are many different techniques for using a flashlight whether hand held or weapon mounted. Go with what works for you. I prefer weapon mounted due to the ease of operation. If you do decide to go with a light over a laser remember 1 is none and 2 is one and so on. Always expect something to fail and have a back up.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In an HD moment, u want the light to be as far away from your body as possible.

bad guys shoots at the light when its mounted to weapon: ur prolly getting hit

bad guy shoots at light held at arms length away from you: higher the odds u dont get hit initially.
You can't identify your target in darkness with out a light, a laser is totally useless for this. Hollywood bullshit...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
:threa djacked::boom :
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #17

Firefighter:
Woah foos..i dont want a light, just a lazer..im hoping to never need this in HD, but the last thing im gonna need in that situation is a light on the gun..Brock makes a good point, light as far away as possible.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #18

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
weapon mounted lights are foolish.............unless u wear a vest to bed, then hold that weapon mounted light at chest level all u guys want.
I don't have a mounted light on my bed buddy (H&K USP .40) but theres one right there with it. I don't think "many" perps can overcome a 200 lumen strobe blast from total darkness and fire on me not knowing the lay of my room faster than I can double tap them. Of course, I'm no SEAL, as it seems to me they are a little more offense, and a little less defense. When the glass breaks, I'm not turning on a light and wondering through the house for Gods sake...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Opinions are excellent. The saying is there is more than one way to skin a cat and the final decision is never the final answer. To each their own, but many options are valid and no two situations are ever the same. Also, if you don't have the experience you shouldn't go searching unless it's absolutely neccessary. Hold what you've got and get help on the way. If thats not an option hopefully you've gone over you reaction plan previously. To the OP if you want a laser its your money get what you want. And seriously consider a holster in the future.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #20

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I agree and apologize, I prolly steered this another direction, it was not my intent. One last thing, and I will not post on his tread again. A little piece by Massad Ayoob on weapon lights. Read and enjoy OP.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob128.html