Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

2012 Gun Safe and Holder Question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Gun Safe and Holder Question

Well it looks like i'll be getting a pistol (probably a Glock .40 or something similar - not subcompact) soon and was wondering if my only option for a gun safe was in the center console for a 2012 DC or if there was one for under the drivers seat? Also, what is a good holster to keep the gun in while in the truck, im looking for one to go onto the change tray that is on the bottom right of the steering wheel dash or on the side of the seat? I am open to suggestions so lets see what ya got.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump....NO ONE?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
best place is in a holster, on you... i think there was a writeup on this forum about a bolt-in safe for tacoma center consoles, ..of course there are some mini-safes you can get for fairly inexpensively that can be attached to seat frame with a small cable.... Secure-It is a brand that comes to mind..
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole makes a concealment pouch in there seat covers now. It would be between ur legs hanging down kinda tucked under the seat. Also people have take the small little change cubby on the left of the steering wheel and cut it so the gun will slide in and close but i think the glock would be a little big. Prob your best bet would be to mount a holster inside your center console.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
The lock up idea is a good one if you have to go in somewhere that you cannot bring in a firearm.
Instead of a locking center counsol look at some of the small handgun safes that can be cabled to the seat frame and locked in the truck.
I personally will not leave a firearm in the truck overnight even in a locked condition.

Amazon has some inexpensive ones and will be fine for secure storage.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
buddyfixit is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
buddyfixit's Tacoma Gallery
Stack-on has an under seat lockbox for firearms. its under 100$
I too am looking at options for securing pistol in pickup and like the idea of the console vault. just seems like you would loose alot of capacity inside console with it inside.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of these for when I have to enter Kali and still want to bring my little friend along.
http://www.amazon.com/GunVault-NV200...istol+safe+box
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with a previous post about the holster being on you. I love my crossbreed holsters very comfortable
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #9

thanks for the ideas, i went with a Springfield XD 9mm and a stack on safe that locks under the seat. i didnt want to take up my entier center console with a safe. I wish it would fit in the change holder. i have a holder that clips under the steering wheel but im not sold on the location yet so im still looking at other options
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
egres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud of

Army: RECON OIF I & III DOG FACE SGT.
egres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinclm View Post
Well it looks like i'll be getting a pistol (probably a Glock .40 or something similar - not subcompact) soon and was wondering if my only option for a gun safe was in the center console for a 2012 DC or if there was one for under the drivers seat? Also, what is a good holster to keep the gun in while in the truck, im looking for one to go onto the change tray that is on the bottom right of the steering wheel dash or on the side of the seat? I am open to suggestions so lets see what ya got.
I have safariland level 3 duty holster with blackhawk holsters quick disconnect. I just disconnect whole holster from the hip and snap it in blackhawk female Q. disconnect that is mounted on the seat belt
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Grand Master Fu
OneFastGeek is on a distinguished road

OneFastGeek's Tacoma Gallery
Until I can afford the center console safe, I'm stuck using an old Gunvault unit. I bought it specifically for my Scion xB years ago, but the electronics kept dying. I don't think the unit is up to Phoenix summer heat. So after sending it in under warranty for like the 3rd time, I just said F-it and I just use the physical key to open it now. The only reason I haven't given it away is that it fits rather well under the driver's seat and it works better than the glove compartment.

The unit is a Gunvault MV500-STD case.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:49 AM   #12
adam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to beholdadam337 is a splendid one to behold
Name: adam
adam337's Tacoma Gallery
i have that same gun vault. i velcrowed it between the two rear seats in my 2012 a.c. (used the security cable as well of course) the velcrow keeps it from sliding around, yet alows me to pull it out when not needed.

the safe is only used when i have to run into a bank, or state liquor store, sons school... etc.

Products Discussed in this Thread