Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Could a Sniper do this?

Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
im sorry, but what exactly is your question? could a sniper shoot speeding cars? or is there something in the picture that we're supposed to be seeing as a target?
Started as this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
HA, I'd like to see a bullet that can travel faster then a Supercharged Tacoma

and this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Barrett .50 cal shot by any sniper trained in the US Armed forces and you'll be dead before you hear the shot.

Worm vomit, gross.
So I suppose the actual question is could a sniper take out a speeding car in this terrain. Again I say any one of the worlds finest could do it.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Again I say, where on the pictured road are you talking about, around the sign, or the far end of veiw, what speed is the vehicle traveling, 55MPH or 100MPH?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Certainly not every service member can. You have to remember that only a small percentage actually shoot regularly. Can a sniper disable the vehicle sure, It'd be a hell of a shot to get a kill in one shot however. Tons of variables. Here's a good right up on bullet deflection
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/buickot2.htm
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
I'd watch out for this guy

false, photoshop
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #25
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
false, photoshop

Awesome though!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #26
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
That's in the works right now actually.
We have them here in MD. One crashed to the ground the other day. I would assume it was doing a pre-inspection for the Presidents visit here. Was upsetting to know that this thing was flying all over above us watching us.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
false, photoshop

Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #28
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i can't be of much help. but i know of some guys who can.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/mythbusters/
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I suppose the actual question is could a sniper take out a speeding car in this terrain. Again I say any one of the worlds finest could do it.
.50 Cal to the block would do the trick so yes, I'm sure many snipers could manage the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Again I say, where on the pictured road are you talking about, around the sign, or the far end of veiw, what speed is the vehicle traveling, 55MPH or 100MPH?
Speed is irrelevant. As long as it's constant, trajectory can be plotted. Faster speed just means you lead the vehicle a little more.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
.50 Cal to the block would do the trick so yes, I'm sure many snipers could manage the shot.

Speed is irrelevant. As long as it's constant, trajectory can be plotted. Faster speed just means you lead the vehicle a little more.
Speed is quite revelant, and unknown to the shooter. Even the trajectory is suspect (because of the elevation change). I'm not challenging any snipers ability to make the shot per say, if he knew up front the precise speed a vehicle would be traveling, and at what precise point in the picture he would be at a given time. Then he could dope the wind through that valley and make those hold off adjustments.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #31
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
false, photoshop
indeed. though i did take a picture of one of those signs last year at the NC/SC border.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #32
billwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to beholdbillwot is a splendid one to behold
billwot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was two snipers with a simultaneous shot...either way.
It was 2 snipers, in a bobbing boat, taking out 2 pirates in a smaller, bobbing boat. The 2 snipers squeezed of their shots almost simultaneously. And the 2 pirates were on either side of the captain of the captured ship, so there was basically zero margin for error.

Have a good friend that was Special Forces, but even with his background, he says there is no fighting unit in the world comparable to the Seals.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwot View Post
It was 2 snipers, in a bobbing boat, taking out 2 pirates in a smaller, bobbing boat. The 2 snipers squeezed of their shots almost simultaneously. And the 2 pirates were on either side of the captain of the captured ship, so there was basically zero margin for error.

Have a good friend that was Special Forces, but even with his background, he says there is no fighting unit in the world comparable to the Seals.
Not every SEAL is equal though. I have done a few missions with two different teams of SEALs and they were ok, not at all what I expected. There are different teams out there, some that have more specialized training for certain missions. Sure there are some badass dudes out there, but the ones I have worked with were just super grunts...
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was two snipers with a simultaneous shot...either way.
^^ You are correct, I saw the discovery channel documentary on that whole incident
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #35
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Not every SEAL is equal though. I have done a few missions with two different teams of SEALs and they were ok, not at all what I expected. There are different teams out there, some that have more specialized training for certain missions. Sure there are some badass dudes out there, but the ones I have worked with were just super grunts...
Same experience here too. Same for SF. To be fair I think that your expectations are so high and then you see them and realize theyre normal guys just like us.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #36

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Same experience here too. Same for SF. To be fair I think that your expectations are so high and then you see them and realize theyre normal guys just like us.
Or "maybe" you just didn't see what they're capable of, and that's the persona they were trying to project?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #37
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Remember the Navy sniper who shot two pirates in their heads with one bullet while on a floating boat with the pirates being towed behind on a life raft?

I have faith in our finest.
EZ shot,,, USNavy best shots in the world,, ask me how I know
Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
EZ shot,,, USNavy best shots in the world,, ask me how I know
Is that a picture of Tom Cruise from Top Gun?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #39
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Is that a picture of Tom Cruise from Top Gun?
No but I was killer good looking back in the day
Old 06-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #40
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say any sniper trained by Uncle Sam would have no problem doing so.
Seriously? Nice troll though. Legally depends on what country your in, physically any well trained operator with the correct equipment is more the capable of stopping most any vehicle.

Cypher