Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger SR1911...your opinion

Old 06-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Holyfather is on a distinguished road
Holyfather's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger SR1911...your opinion

I found a Ruger SR1911 for a good price and am considering buying it. I've read a lot of good things about them but have only talked to one person who owns one. Does any one own one? If so what's your opinion about it?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
TRD desert man is on a distinguished road
TRD desert man's Tacoma Gallery
Kimber!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Wish I can handle one.
Not legal in California. My buddy from out of states says they are really solid and reliable. Ruger, sig, and smith and Wesson are the few who uses an external extractor. They said it improves extracting and doesn't need to be fine tuned.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
don't have one, but i think the reviews were pretty good...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD desert man View Post
Kimber!!!
That doesn't answer his question at all...

I have heard good things. If you have compared prices to armslist.com and other online stores, I would get it if it is cheaper than all of those. "assuming it is new and not a jamming prone lemon that someone is trying to get rid of"
Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
That doesn't answer his question at all...

I have heard good things. If you have compared prices to armslist.com and other online stores, I would get it if it is cheaper than all of those. "assuming it is new and not a jamming prone lemon that someone is trying to get rid of"
Ya Id be getting one new at their employee price
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard good things about it, but everyone's going to be biased to what they've got. I myself have a SS Remington 1911. Well over a thousand rounds and no malfunctions. Got it for 631.00
Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Have one, I guess it is as good as most other 1911's.
The Ruger is my first and only 1911. Any one that has looked at it or held it think it is great and much more so at it's price point.
Compared to my SIG 220 it shoots as good.
I'm happy to have one. Recommend it to anyone!

Yuma Taco,
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Wish I can handle one.
Not legal in California. My buddy from out of states says they are really solid and reliable. Ruger, sig, and smith and Wesson are the few who uses an external extractor. They said it improves extracting and doesn't need to be fine tuned.
Not illegal... just not on the roster (unless it's got a threaded barrel, then it's illegal)
Old 06-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
KS63 is on a distinguished road
KS63's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Wish I can handle one.
The SR1911 uses an internal extractor.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
762NateOh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
762NateOh's Tacoma Gallery
Never shot one/held one.

I'm also not too fond of all the text and crap ruger prints on their guns.

With that being said, the few I've seen just look awesome.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS63 View Post
The SR1911 uses an internal extractor.
Always thought they were external.

Had a chance to get one. But it's a lot of work. Ended up with a SA mil spec and I freaking love it.

Make the pistol as a single shot (need a conversion) and ship and register it as a single shot pistol and after that you're free to remove the single shot portion and enjoy.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762NateOh View Post
Never shot one/held one.

I'm also not too fond of all the text and crap ruger prints on their guns.

With that being said, the few I've seen just look awesome.
With the sr1911 Ruger moved all their warning labels under the gun so their less visible and made them really small print. The only thing visible if the word Ruger and their emblem.