Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

14-yr Old Boy Shoots Home Invader - Saves Siblings...

Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
14-yr Old Boy Shoots Home Invader - Saves Siblings...

nuff said:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/18...-home-intruder
Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
taco2010trd is on a distinguished road
taco2010trd's Tacoma Gallery
Wait till they charge him and his parents for having the gun stored improperly....
Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
that's awesome.

old widow in my community got woken up one night by two guys robbing her a few years ago. grabbed her shotgun and killed one dude, winged the other while he was running down the path. our sheriff practically gave her a medal haha.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
kudos to this kid. now he needs to spank his parents for leaving them home alone.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco2010trd View Post
Wait till they charge him and his parents for having the gun stored improperly....
Wont happen out here. The kid did good!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the kid having easy access to a firearm isn't usually a good thing, but it seems he had the good sense to only get it for a real reason. Glad he shot the loser and himself and his siblings are OK.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
taco2010trd is on a distinguished road
taco2010trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Wont happen out here. The kid did good!
I hope not....would suck if it did.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Well, the kid having easy access to a firearm isn't usually a good thing, but it seems he had the good sense to only get it for a real reason. Glad he shot the loser and himself and his siblings are OK.
if parents properly train them around guns/safety it should be so much as concern - and of course in a situation like this, the training and accessibility prevented something horribly worse..
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
only in 'merica
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco2010trd View Post
I would donate to his/their legal defense fund if they did.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
I simply don't understand the mentality of locking firearms away from children. We don't do the same with other dangerous objects (knifes, vehicles, power tools, garden tools, etc).

I grew up with firearms all around me. My father had a loaded 9mm Luger in the drawer beside his bed. All of the kids in the house knew that. My grandmother had a loaded shotgun on the wall in the kitchen of her farmhouse and another in her bedroom. The older kids visiting during family gatherings (Christmas, etc) knew that, while the younger kids couldn't reach them.

At age 10-11 (don't remember exactly), I had a unloaded .22 rifle in the closet shared with my 6-year old brother, with the bullets in my drawer a few feet away. My cousin, one-year older than me, had a loaded shotgun and several unloaded rifles in his closet. Going out to shoot rodents, hunt small game, or just shoot targets was fairly routine during each visit.

As far as I know, none of us thought that was at all unusual or threatening. Those firearms were just part of our everyday world, like the television, cars, going to school, and so on. And, like that television, car, and similar, none of the kids perceived those firearms as toys. They belonged to someone else (parents, etc), not to even be touched without permission. In other words, we weren't necessarily taught to respect firearms (that came later). We were taught to respect the property of others.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy the kid a AR with a suppressed short barrel.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #14
l1tech is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
l1tech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
if parents properly train them around guns/safety it should be so much as concern - and of course in a situation like this, the training and accessibility prevented something horribly worse..
+1
If kids are properly trained to handle and respect a firearm it is not a concern having an accessible firearm. I know my wife and kids have the ability to protect themselves if the need arises.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
Props to this kid, but I fear when the lawyers get a hold of the parents as said above. Alternative is that him and his siblings are all dead or otherwise messed up. So in my book he done good!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupcar View Post
Props to this kid, but I fear when the lawyers get a hold of the parents as said above. Alternative is that him and his siblings are all dead or otherwise messed up. So in my book he done good!
In AZ the only thing thats gonna happen, is the kid is gonna get Kodos. Hell......The first guy with a CCW permit that shot an attacker out here, was made a celebrity.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Yup...the kids would be statistics in any other Country(including KaLiForNeea)
Not necessarily. But the parents would be in jail for leaving the gun and ammo in a place the kid could find it and for failing to secure it with a trigger lock and placing it in a locked container. And there'd be a huge fight over whether the kid should be tried as an adult or not.

Only state where the criminals have more rights than the victims.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I guess the kid was supposed to dial 911 and wait
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Kid's got some balls, glad it turned out the way it did.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
I simply don't understand the mentality of locking firearms away from children. We don't do the same with other dangerous objects (knifes, vehicles, power tools, garden tools, etc).

I grew up with firearms all around me. My father had a loaded 9mm Luger in the drawer beside his bed. All of the kids in the house knew that. My grandmother had a loaded shotgun on the wall in the kitchen of her farmhouse and another in her bedroom. The older kids visiting during family gatherings (Christmas, etc) knew that, while the younger kids couldn't reach them.

At age 10-11 (don't remember exactly), I had a unloaded .22 rifle in the closet shared with my 6-year old brother, with the bullets in my drawer a few feet away. My cousin, one-year older than me, had a loaded shotgun and several unloaded rifles in his closet. Going out to shoot rodents, hunt small game, or just shoot targets was fairly routine during each visit.

As far as I know, none of us thought that was at all unusual or threatening. Those firearms were just part of our everyday world, like the television, cars, going to school, and so on. And, like that television, car, and similar, none of the kids perceived those firearms as toys. They belonged to someone else (parents, etc), not to even be touched without permission. In other words, we weren't necessarily taught to respect firearms (that came later). We were taught to respect the property of others.
I agree with this. I also grew up with lots of guns in the house and knew when to touch them and when not.
This boy did good!