Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Decided on a rifle, but not sure which pistol to buy...?

View Poll Results: Which pistol to choose?
Sig 226 32 36.36%
Beretta 92FS 16 18.18%
Glock 19 40 45.45%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
BTW, if a grip safety 'bothers you', you lack basic handgun training...a grip safety is a basic and automatic as it gets....you shouldn't even notice it.
I don't notice it when firing, but the XD grip safety is a pain in the ass when the grip is shifted for takedown or manually locking the slide back.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #42
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
1911 if Money is no Objective. They are pistols for real men. I say this becasue of the weight of the firearm and the large caliber. It will enter a targer nice and round then turn it around an there is a hole the size of a small cannon.. Plus a set of nice Pearl handles really look nice..
Old 07-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #43
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
1911 if Money is no Objective. They are pistols for real men. I say this becasue of the weight of the firearm and the large caliber. It will enter a targer nice and round then turn it around an there is a hole the size of a small cannon.. Plus a set of nice Pearl handles really look nice..
Do Colt or SA 1911 have a 22LR conversion kit?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #44
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't tell if this is a joke or not....

Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #45
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i want a 1911 so bad
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #46
TJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TIM
TJGARZA84's Tacoma Gallery
BERETTA - PX4 STORM SUBCOMPACT - 9MM .........
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #47
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HAHAHA I agree I love my 1911 in .45 ACP; I consistently shoot the tightest patterns with it, and if I had the luxury of choosing what I brought into a gun fight (as a civillian) I would hope that I had my 1911 with me every time.

I voted for the Beretta 92FS. The first time I ever picked one up was in a Ranger Challenge shooting competition, after I had ran about 300 yards with two full 5 gal water cans, shot 60 rounds out of an M4, and ran to the pistol range. Even breathing hard, never even touched one before (although I do have extensive experience with pistol shooting) I hit 5 steel targets at 15 yards and one bonus target at 35 yards (on the first shot) in under 8 seconds. I distinctly remember leveling on the bonus target, exhaling, and squeezing the trigger to see the round impact the steel target on the tip of my front sight post - exactly where I was aiming. I have been impressed with them ever since.

P.S. If you were wondering why I had never touched one before the competition, my unit didn't have one available to train on, so we had to use "similar" pistols that people could bring from home (my 1911 included).
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #48
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
Can't tell if this is a joke or not....

i hope so. cuz i do wanna laugh.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #49
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Glock. Ive seen some newer Sigs and the quality just doesnt seem as high as it used to be. You might also want to look into CZ, they make some amazing hand guns.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #50
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Vote glock. Sure other guns are more shiny and pretty but cheap and reliable and goes bang is what is really needed i think.

Speak of the devil... I have some cop friends who are switching to glocks because their 1911 have jammed during training recently (these are 1911 guys) I asked why g17 and not g19? They said longer barrel for duty carry accuracy. Why 9mm? 18 bullets are better for firefights.

Keep in mind they still love 1911s to death but for a hostile environment seems like glock wins and is a cheap addition to their expansive gun collection.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #51
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
CZ 75 P07 Duty. Awesome handgun and will only run you $425 or so. Best compact handgun for the money. My brother has one and I'm considering selling my H&K P30 for one.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #52
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
springfield xdm in .45
Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
M&P 9mm.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #54
We Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to behold
We Are Apocalypse's Tacoma Gallery
I think it depends on what your intended usage is. Concealed carry, home defense, target plinking? Of those three, the Glock 19 will probably suit all three of those without greatly sacrificing any of those usages. The Glock 19 doesn't do any one thing exceptionally well but it can do most things very well.

I had a Sig 226 and sold it (pre E2 grips) because I thought the gun felt large in my hand. My father has a Beretta 92FS that I enjoy shooting but I would never own one. I have a 1911, that shoots accurately but is expensive to feed. The two hand guns that see the most usage in my stable is the Glock 17 and 19.

In the end, you have to look at your intended usage, availability to obtain ammunition, willingness to train on a platform and personal preference and decide from there.

In regards to the 1911, I'd read this as well

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...ur-first-1911/