Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Want to buy a rifle..

Old 07-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #42
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Reminton .243 I love it. shoots really flat, ammo isnt to expensive, great varmit gun. I use it for deer
Old 07-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #43
07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
07 sport 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Someone mentioned a 300, my dad has a browning 300 wsm (A-bolt) and it doesn't kick much harder than my 270 and shoots a really tight group. Definetly a great gun if you wanna spend that kind of money.
Edit: heres a pic of my 270 (remington model 700 with a nikon prostaff 3x9)
Attached Thumbnails
Want to buy a rifle..-dscn1726.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 sport 4x4 View Post
Someone mentioned a 300, my dad has a browning 300 wsm (A-bolt) and it doesn't kick much harder than my 270 and shoots a really tight group. Definetly a great gun if you wanna spend that kind of money.

Exactly, it is a high caliber rifle it will kick a little more but its not enough to make you flinch. The ballistics off a 300 are great and that's why i shoot one.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #45
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I pmed river rat 69 about a Savage 243 he wants to get rid of, but never got a reply. Interested in how much he wanted.

That remington 710 up above looks like a good deal too, I was hoping to get one with a scope already mounted though, so I don't have to go dump money on that as well. I know you need a good scope but I just don't have a lot of money to spend right now. I wish I did.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #46
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Got back to you,Hard to sell something that when you thing about the last time you shot it and a big old smile hits you ,,,Op or anyone looking for a good deer or down gun the savage 243 bolt w scope is is a good one they have really left in the dust the POS rep they had 5 years ago,,, Ill Let you know... Jim
Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #47
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
A 300 win mag isn't too bad in the older guns, but when you pair it with an ultralight it kicks like a mofo!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #48
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
A 300 win mag isn't too bad in the older guns, but when you pair it with an ultralight it kicks like a mofo!

In some yes, but with tikka my 300 kicks about as much as my dads 30-06. But I'm also a bigger guy with some muscle so there's some mass behind the butt of that gun

Ross! When the hell did you get a new truck!?!? That thing is sweet!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #49
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
true! my 154lbs gets rocked with my brothers 300win mag haha!

I got that one a few months ago I love it! and thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey guys I can get a Remington 770 at cabelas for 299. Comes with scope and I can get it in any caliber pretty much. I'm thinking 30.06. I read tons of reviews on them and some videos and besides the fact that the scope they come with isn't the best, (but does the job for now) the only complaint about them is that the bolt comes a bit sticky from the factory. Most guys said with a good cleaning and polish that goes away. I'm thinkin I'm gonna head to cabelas and pick one of these up.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #52
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Well now I can't decide whether to go 30.06 or 300 win mag
personally id choose 30-06
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #53
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a Savage 30-06 w/accutrigger. It's a great gun, solid, reliable, straight shooting and fairly inexpensive. Also that caliber is very easy to find ammo for.

Man i'm ready for deer season.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #54
Very nice how much?

So they have the gun at walmart..... bleh. For $320, only the black synthetic stock version. The cabelas near me has no 770's at all. I called their online store thing and they are going to call me back with a price for the realtree camo version. Apparently they don't even stock that version of the gun, but it's featured on the remington website. If the price for that is way high I will probably just end up getting the black one for wally world (ugh)
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #55
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
A 30-06 will take everything you said you'd like to hunt. And you can shoot them to target without beating yourself up. Anything in the magnum class will be far more expensive to shoot and will not be a good target gun ( fun factor,it will hit just fine..both you and the target ). That Remington for sale in the forums is a good choice at a good price,and you can choose your own optics.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #56

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
for a first gun, a 300 win mag is much more than you need. IMO
Old 07-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #57
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
A 30-06 will take everything you said you'd like to hunt. And you can shoot them to target without beating yourself up. Anything in the magnum class will be far more expensive to shoot and will not be a good target gun ( fun factor,it will hit just fine..both you and the target ). That Remington for sale in the forums is a good choice at a good price,and you can choose your own optics.
I PMed the guy on here selling his and he only wants to sell local
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #58
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I PMed the guy on here selling his and he only wants to sell local
That happens alot on here. It's too bad though..it's just what you're looking for. Have you looked on Gunbroker at all ?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #59
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
That happens alot on here. It's too bad though..it's just what you're looking for. Have you looked on Gunbroker at all ?

Is that a website? Like a craigslist for guns or something? I'll check it out right now. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #60
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So they have the gun at walmart..... bleh. For $320, only the black synthetic stock version. The cabelas near me has no 770's at all. I called their online store thing and they are going to call me back with a price for the realtree camo version. Apparently they don't even stock that version of the gun, but it's featured on the remington website. If the price for that is way high I will probably just end up getting the black one for wally world (ugh)
Order what you want and wait for it.....

Gun retailers can't possibly stock every gun that's available. They'll only stock the ones that will sell quickly.